Kelty Hearts Thread

10 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Highlights show just how many chances we had albeit a few were half baked. Higgy & Austin back will make a difference then a couple of signings & we'llbe fine. Top 4 at best this season I think but I'd happily take that.

I would be delighted with top 4, but I would also be happy if it was mid-table this season, then build for a higher target next season. Do you think the Championship is a realistic target for Kelty, or would you be happy to be an established League 1 team?

11 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

I would be delighted with top 4, but I would also be happy if it was mid-table this season, then build for a higher target next season. Do you think the Championship is a realistic target for Kelty, or would you be happy to be an established League 1 team?

I genuinely think with the support we have and can possibly attract this is our level,  I would be more than happy getting into playoffs for the championship and some good cup runs but think we would toil in championship if I’m being honest but who knows just buzzing season has begun and think we will be ok this season 

Alloa on Saturday and hopefully we get something out the game, not been at Alloas ground since watching Kelty Villa beat Pepes in the Sunday League Scottish cup about twenty  year ago so hopefully happy hunting ground for Kelty teams 

Mon Kelty 

17 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Alloa on Saturday and hopefully we get something out the game, not been at Alloas ground since watching Kelty Villa beat Pepes in the Sunday League Scottish cup about twenty  year ago so hopefully happy hunting ground for Kelty teams 

Mon Kelty 

Visited when we played BSC in the Lowland league. Tidy wee ground. Mon the Kelty! 

9 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Going to be a long season if this continues , can’t go from a championship winning team to lacklustre drivel in space of 6 weeks surely 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Not sure if its confidence or the system. Last week was unlucky & one of those games. Today we were shite.

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Going to be a long season if this continues , can’t go from a championship winning team to lacklustre drivel in space of 6 weeks surely 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

It can't be easy for the manager to get the players used to his style of play due mainly to injuries and the on-going addition of players. Would like to see how the team do if and when they get a settled side and are then used to the new way of playing. 

Edited by Robert Forbes

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Not sure if its confidence or the system. Last week was unlucky & one of those games. Today we were shite.

Agree neeb not at the races imo but to be fair I have tipped Alloa to win the league so onto next week we go and 3 points a must 

He'll be great to have in the squad & cover for CB but cant see him as a regular starter. Pinning hopes on young Robson & Graham doing well, which tbf the loan signings last year were cracking. No doubt we are missing Higgy & Austin, arguably our best two players.

36 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

He'll be great to have in the squad & cover for CB but cant see him as a regular starter. Pinning hopes on young Robson & Graham doing well, which tbf the loan signings last year were cracking. No doubt we are missing Higgy & Austin, arguably our best two players.

What happened with Higgy? Loved him as a player with us. 

Bell made a difference to Partick Thistle in the shortened, closed door season when they signed him on loan in March for the last run of games that saw them win the league after the restart. 

Not sure how much he has played since then, though.