Kelty Hearts Thread

21 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Best I've seen McNab play in a Kelty shirt. As much as I've been critical of his ability to play at this level he's was excellent and I'd be happy to be proven wrong longer term.

Doherty was on trial at QPR late last year before injury. Hopefully another diamond 💎 

He always gives 100%, but he did struggle at times, but the manager's maybe found his best position. I hope so as his commitment could never be questioned no matter where he was played.

19 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

It was always going to be a tough game today, but a good performance considering the injuries. The injury list is a lengthy one, I hope most of them clear up before next Saturday.

Centre half's filling up the treatment room 🤣 We did well considering and the young lad Cameron will have learned a lot from that today.

9 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Centre half's filling up the treatment room 🤣 We did well considering and the young lad Cameron will have learned a lot from that today.

Beginning to think that there's a curse on Kelty players! Just about as many injured players as there are fit ones! 

Plenty chances and none taken again. Becoming trend.

Peggie & McNab in the first 11 still which won't work at this level. Missing Higgy massively. We need a few first 11 signings still. Only Martin so far that's actually a starter.

18 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Peggie & McNab in the first 11 still which won't work at this level. Missing Higgy massively. We need a few first 11 signings still. Only Martin so far that's actually a starter.

Totally agree neeb Higgy massive for us but just think we conceded far too easily today and not netting when we have great chances is frustrating as fek , 

First games a lottery anyway but it’s 3 points we would have expected to have got in the bag when the fixtures come out 

Anyway sadness has passed and red wine kicking in 

Mon Kelty 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Agree with all of the above. Played well in patches, and created enough chances to win but it wasn't to be. Thought the officials were very poor, and the linesman was wrong to flag Doherty's goal as being offside as it was the  Edinburgh keeper that had the last touch before Doherty netted.

41 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

Agree with all of the above. Played well in patches, and created enough chances to win but it wasn't to be. Thought the officials were very poor, and the linesman was wrong to flag Doherty's goal as being offside as it was the  Edinburgh keeper that had the last touch before Doherty netted.

I thought that might have been the case but couldn't quite tell. See below stats which tells the tale. Goals win games:

1715515856_Screenshot_20220730-191631_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.e46cacdd0330db51e3c39c188d072176.jpg

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

I thought that might have been the case but couldn't quite tell. See below stats which tells the tale. Goals win games:

1715515856_Screenshot_20220730-191631_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.e46cacdd0330db51e3c39c188d072176.jpg

You just made me think of an Ebbe Skovdahl quote:

"Statistics are like mini skirts. It's what they don't reveal that is the most interesting"

Had time to go over yesterdays game in my head and after two bottles of red things are much clearer

Edinburgh were a wee bit sharper in everything they did , hit at the right moments and got what they deserved 

We had lots of chances but failed to capatilise on them and to be fair looked a bit sluggish at times 

We have got a few guys in the door and quite young ones at that so looking like we are building something instead of buying something so I’m all for that , ground improvements coming along nicely so I’m thinking a good season is consolidating our place in this league Would still like to see another couple  bodies in just to help bolster the squad though 

Mon Kelty