Kelty Hearts Thread

2 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Credit to the Glen's they were set up well and they were up for it. Kelty's performance was the total opposite to the one that they gave on Friday night. They will need the latter for this Saturday's match.

Taking the game too lightly in my view was the problem.

Taking the game too lightly in my view was the problem.

Credit to the Glens, when I seen the Kelty team I never expected the result to be as close as it was.

You can’t look into the scoreline too much, but Kelty need to strengthen.

What is the objectives this season? Mid table?

If you want to be play offs I think you are around 4-5 players short.

Are you guys happy with the John Potter appointment? Was surprised you never went for someone else. But time will tell weather or not that is the correct decision.

Good luck for the season.

57 minutes ago, Connor7 said:

Credit to the Glens, when I seen the Kelty team I never expected the result to be as close as it was.

Are you guys happy with the John Potter appointment? Was surprised you never went for someone else. But time will tell weather or not that is the correct decision.

We need a left back & another centre half for sure. Peggie & McNab won't cut it in L1. There are at least two strong loans coming in soon but we'll need more.

4 hours ago, Connor7 said:

The Glens played well, Kelty approached it a bit too casually. Kelty played well against Partick Thistle so there's no need for doom and gloom, but yes, they are a bit short and I'm sure that players will be coming in. I always believe that fans should back any new manager coming in and give him a fair chance. The club seem happy to have signed him so I hope he succeeds in achieving what the club are aiming for this coming season.

6 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Defo need to strengthen and would bite your hand off for mid table right now 

Potter got to given time which he should get with us hopefully and get to bring in a few of his own players to help an already half decent albeit threadbare squad , looked well off it on Tuesday but Glens we’re going for it like a cup final and no excuses but the majority of the team haven’t played on a pitch like that for a good few year I bet 

Martin has a terrific attitude and the ability to match it when he’s fully fit. Injuries have really held him back though, feels like he hasn’t had a proper run of games since he hit the form of his life between the end of 2018/19 and early stages 19/20.

Hope he gets a full preseason and has a brilliant career, boy deserves it.

On 25/06/2022 at 15:12, John Lambies Doos said:

Witnessed this a a few times, but never up to 1hr before or after match.
Used to drink in munns vaults in Maryhill pre and post match. However, you were tolerated until c.6.30pm on Saturday, then it was wise to leave before the local karaoke night commenced....

The locals i knew had a name for that pub.

Think they changed the M to a H to give it the local name.

lol

On 01/07/2022 at 08:04, smpar said:

Martin has a terrific attitude and the ability to match it when he’s fully fit. Injuries have really held him back though, feels like he hasn’t had a proper run of games since he hit the form of his life between the end of 2018/19 and early stages 19/20.

Hope he gets a full preseason and has a brilliant career, boy deserves it.

He started at left back today and he played very well. Moved to right back in the second half and was less effective time although he still played well. Hope he is played at left back as his main position this season.

Played better than Tuesday night yesterday but we are very light in numbers , hope  Austin going off was nothing too bad but Alfie filled in no problem , cup group games start next week so hop fully a couple of bodies in this week 🤞🤞 
Alfies touch and finish was superb 

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Played better than Tuesday night yesterday but we are very light in numbers , hope  Austin going off was nothing too bad but Alfie filled in no problem , cup group games start next week so hop fully a couple of bodies in this week 🤞🤞 
Alfies touch and finish was superb 

Cracking goal from Alfie. He shows flashes of being unplayable at times, needs consistency though.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Cracking goal from Alfie. He shows flashes of being unplayable at times, needs consistency though.

It was, it looks like he's come on a bit over the close season but he's still got a fair bit to go until he reaches that consistency. He could be a big player for us this season though. Thought Lewis Martin looked excellent at left back, it would make sense to me to play him there regularly as he was so good, but it's not me that's picking the team! Thought MacNab and Philp played better on Saturday, would either of them be okay at right back in League 1? 

1 hour ago, Robert Forbes said:

It was, it looks like he's come on a bit over the close season but he's still got a fair bit to go until he reaches that consistency. He could be a big player for us this season though. Thought Lewis Martin looked excellent at left back, it would make sense to me to play him there regularly as he was so good, but it's not me that's picking the team! Thought MacNab and Philp played better on Saturday, would either of them be okay at right back in League 1? 

Would prefer Philp further forward if playing but would fill in at RB no probs and would defo be Philp before Mcbab imo 

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Pretty quiet still on the signing front. Think we'll struggle in the cup games, especially if we get any knocks etc. 

When did we get the loans in last year date wise? 

Think it was end August and September they started to come in last season neeb 

7 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Game day , will  be a tough test today for the boys , hopefully Tidser gets a run out, don’t know if Strang is available for debut either 

Mon Kelty 

Excellent defensive performance. We could have had a couple of goals too! Considering how light we are squad wise that was decent!