Kelty Hearts Thread

Was impressed with Martin in both positions he played. Overall Kelty can be pleased with their performance. They gave as good as they got in the first half. Thistle dominated the second half and deserved the win, but as far as preseason friendlies can be taken as a barometer, it was encouraging.

I thought that O'Ware and Forster were superb last night. Looks like Martin could resolve the right back issue, just need a left back now. Good to see a fit and healthy Austin back on the pitch, he makes a big difference to the team. With Cardle and Tidser back in the side and a new left back in place, that would then give a strong starting eleven.

4 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

I thought that O'Ware and Forster were superb last night. Looks like Martin could resolve the right back issue, just need a left back now. Good to see a fit and healthy Austin back on the pitch, he makes a big difference to the team. With Cardle and Tidser back in the side and a new left back in place, that would then give a strong starting eleven.

Spot on with this. Hearing a cracking loan signing, who was watching last night, is on the way too.

33 minutes ago, Threeattheback said:

I think that's what is encouraging. There is a good base there with Jamieson, Forster and O'Ware. There is a good No 9, good support and there are midfielders to come back. They severely need more bodies though.

Agreed, hopefully the squad will be in place by the time the league starts.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

We looked OK last night. Certainly matched Partick for the majority. Martin as the starting trialist would be a good addition. McNab for me is way off it at this level now though. 

Totally agree mate McNab looks a bit out his depth now but could still be a good squad player , Martin looked assured and comfortable, missing Tidser n Cardle so overall not a bad first pre season game and sure thistle already have a game under their belt before last night 

Really friendly bunch in the pubs there. Last time I visited I was told to get out or there would be trouble. So nice of them to warn me.
Witnessed this a a few times, but never up to 1hr before or after match.
Used to drink in munns vaults in Maryhill pre and post match. However, you were tolerated until c.6.30pm on Saturday, then it was wise to leave before the local karaoke night commenced....

On 27/06/2022 at 20:46, WSDR 88 said:

Kelty folks! Is The Kings the only pub open close to the ground? Just looking for a few pre match pints on Saturday. Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers!

Im pretty sure its the only pub in Kelty now. Its not bad though, quite spacious and a short stagger to the ground. 

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

All I can say is Alfie played well n Glens number 14 looked a tidy player , great to see Cargy score in a Kelty game again just a shame it was against us 

Absolutely mad game. We were really sloppy and struggled on the pitch.