Kelty Hearts Thread

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Can we no get Nicky Low instead 😁

He’ll feel like our new signing when he comes back into the team. Been missing for us since our 0-0 draw with Killie in that Friday night TV game back in September 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

28 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Young Barron away back to Aberdeen. Been immense for us and easily capable of forging a career at the Dons if he keeps developing. Looks like the signing could be a midfield one now.

Barron has a chance of making it as a full time pro. Next couple of years important for him to see if he can make it at the dons or not.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Barron has a chance of making it as a full time pro. Next couple of years important for him to see if he can make it at the dons or not.

Gutted to hear that he's gone, he was outstanding at Kelty and he was a pleasure to watch. He'll be missed. I hope he goes on to do great things.

Kelty going to struggle when the money man steps back soon. 
can’t sell couple of hundred tickets for a fife derby.

500 allowed in, minus season books and tickets still been on sale today. I know of quite a few Cowden fans who have been on and bought them. 
Strange. 

500 allowed in, minus season books and tickets still been on sale today. I know of quite a few Cowden fans who have been on and bought them. 
Strange. 

I gave up on this when I saw the message on the Kelty website saying that it was sold out. Too late for me now.
Think they’ve a lot to learn yet.

15 minutes ago, big al said:

Strange. 

Covid likely not helping. If you look at our average attendance it's healthy, we'll be fine. It's also not as straightforward as him stepping back soon....

Aberdeen fan here, interesting that we have recalled Connor Barron. I see he is out of contract in the summer. What kind of player is he? Does he have any chance of getting into a team with aspirations of finishing in the top three in the top league?

Aberdeen fan here, interesting that we have recalled Connor Barron. I see he is out of contract in the summer. What kind of player is he? Does he have any chance of getting into a team with aspirations of finishing in the top three in the top league?

He’ll do well. The current Aberdeen squad not great. Good luck to the lad.

9 minutes ago, starryfish said:

He's not quite at that level yet but the toolkits there. Would imagine a top end championship club would take him in the summer.

He’ll do well. The current Aberdeen squad not great. Good luck to the lad.
He will do well because he looked good in a team p*ssing league 2? Steady on.

Be amazed if he becomes a main stay in the premier league never mind at a decent club aiming for europe every year.

57 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

He will do well because he looked good in a team p*ssing league 2? Steady on.

Be amazed if he becomes a main stay in the premier league never mind at a decent club aiming for europe every year.

Harsh, but fair. Has a lot to prove. It’s a massive step. Give the boy time to see how it goes. People too quick to judge on a couple of appearances these days. 
Reality is nobody knows yet if it will work out atAberdeen or not. Good luck to the lad though.

He gets about the park very well, I suppose most 18 year olds should, but he is tenacious and got great work rate/desire. He can play a bit too, he was excellent in the Kelty midfield which admittedly did tend to dominate a lot of games.

I can’t see him featuring for Aberdeen this season in SPL, he’s not at that level yet. Whether he gets there is hard to tell. Hes quite small still but held his own physically. He actually reminded me of a young version of Scott Brown snapping about the park, very energetic.

Wish him well, he was a joy to watch and has a great attitude. Be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer and being out of contract and with Kelty hopefully being a League 1 club at that point.

4 minutes ago, crowie said:

He gets about the park very well, I suppose most 18 year olds should, but he is tenacious and got great work rate/desire. He can play a bit too, he was excellent in the Kelty midfield which admittedly did tend to dominate a lot of games.

I can’t see him featuring for Aberdeen this season in SPL, he’s not at that level yet. Whether he gets there is hard to tell. Hes quite small still but held his own physically. He actually reminded me of a young version of Scott Brown snapping about the park, very energetic.

Wish him well, he was a joy to watch and has a great attitude. Be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer and being out of contract and with Kelty hopefully being a League 1 club at that point.

100% this! Would imagine there will be plenty of non SPL clubs in for him but he'd a be great addition if we were in L1.  If I look at Tam O'Brien as an example of an 18yr old Kelty had on loan before, and is now starring in the Championship, then Barron is a hell of a lot better.  Long road to get there though.