Kelty Hearts Thread

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

To think one of the original forum topic complaints from ex juniors was who'd want to go to Elgin on a wet Tuesday night in December :whistle 

Not even the locals it seems...

35 minutes ago, Rovers Ben said:

Use have to be embarrassed way the kids you have hidden away in the corner 

Coming from the supporters of a club in which your kids threw juice over young children, tried to steal and set fire to flags, racial abuse a footballer and tried to intimidate small children leaving the ground...

stones, glasshouses.

glad to see we’ve rattled you enough by a demolishing of goals that you’ve dedicated your first post on P&B to the club that’s put 9 past you in 2 games 👏🏻

The same fans that were banned?

Yet in the stand in the corner there was 2 fights between them and I was called “a Specky peado b*stard” for just walking by them then grabbed by a young fan now if that was the other way round different story.

But can’t deny in that second half use played some lovely stuff and thoroughly deserved the win some great goals.

1 minute ago, Rovers Ben said:

The same fans that were banned?

Yet in the stand in the corner there was 2 fights between them and I was called “a Specky peado b*stard” for just walking by them then grabbed by a young fan now if that was the other way round different story.

But can’t deny in that second half use played some lovely stuff and thoroughly deserved the win some great goals.

Who weren’t actually banned just not allowed to stand beside each other - that came directly from a well known supporter of yourselves who I overheard speak to someone. 

you’re seriously crying over a couple young boys having a bit banter - Christ I’ve been called worse at a footy game! Grabbing I don’t agree in, I hope you reported it to a steward? 

On 08/12/2021 at 16:19, Jacksgranda said:

Not even the locals it seems...

Tuesday night was much more than a "wet Tuesday night in December", to the extent that the authorities were advising people not to travel. The fact that the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch is evidence of how bad the weather actually was.

1 hour ago, KeltyDaft said:

Who weren’t actually banned just not allowed to stand beside each other - that came directly from a well known supporter of yourselves who I overheard speak to someone. 

you’re seriously crying over a couple young boys having a bit banter - Christ I’ve been called worse at a footy game! Grabbing I don’t agree in, I hope you reported it to a steward? 

There was no stewards there and the group behind me smoking and drinking were evidence of this.

Need to sharpen up on that your now in the SPFL.

Lucky that there where Albion Rovers fans there today some other teams wouldn’t have been to control themselves. One day someone will snap at those young fans I managed to keep my calm when grabbed when only going to get a pie plenty of people wouldn’t have been able to.

On the actual game, I thought Albion Rovers competed very well in the first half. Kelty's first had more than a hint of offside about it, after that, time and again Kelty were caught offside through a mixture of incompetence and good defending. Binnie in the Rovers goal made a couple of good low stops down to his right from close range efforts. Although Kelty dominated the ball, Rovers were well organised and hit purposefully on the break, hitting the post and missing when well placed on a couple of other occasions. The equaliser seemed a little soft from my vantage point, not one Jamieson in goal will want to linger on in the highlights. However, Kelty went in a goal to the good with a really well worked second, a good build up involving Biabi who worked really hard down the Kelty right all game,

I was hoping for a similarly close battle in the second half but unfortunately Coatbridge's finest gave away two of the most clueless clownshoe goals I've seen at this level within six minutes of the re-start. Firstly the Rovers goalkeeper was sold a little short by a back pass; his desperate attempted clearance off Austin rebounded kindly for the Kelty no. 9 who slotted the loose ball home despite desperate attempts from a couple of defenders- the inquest amongst the away defence went on for a long time afterwards; minutes later Robinsons' attempted clearance of a routine left wing cross fell straight to Biabi, who shot a nerveless finish past the hapless Binnie. 4-1, game over, Rovers had basically blown themselves up with two very basic mistakes.

The fifth and sixth were outstanding team goals that saw five-six passes cut apart a dismayed, damp and tiring Rovers defence- both really powerful shots after excellent build up that saw the goalkeeper well beaten. By then the game was a procession / training exercise. I recommend the highlights for these goals alone, when they come out.

Overall; Kelty, who rested a few automatic picks, were maybe a bit complacent after scoring early and had to work hard in the first half. Rovers could take a lot of heart from the intensity and desire they showed. Unfortunately, they left that in the away dressing room at half time and willing assisted in their own demise after the break. Rovers with a bit of consistency could be an outside shout for 4th place. As it is, it's no surprise they are lower mid table; they simply allowed Kelty to show why they are so far ahead of the rest of the league in the second half.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Rovers managed to create a couple of good chances after they were well neat, they hit the bar and were unlucky with a couple chances coming very close

A mixture of failing to finish and being dreadful at the back cost rovers, who to be fair were missing 5/6 players of their own

Poor scoreline but the way they played not a surprising one

Was not expecting that at halftime as thought Rovers more than matched us first half 

Bit of bad defending couple of times and we capitalised on it 

Stenny have to be kicking themselves for letting Biabi go his work rate is brilliant and took his goals well for someone who’s not playing every week 

Excellent squad rotation as well today 👌🏼

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Was not expecting that at halftime as thought Rovers more than matched us first half 

Bit of bad defending couple of times and we capitalised on it 

Stenny have to be kicking themselves for letting Biabi go his work rate is brilliant and took his goals well for someone who’s not playing every week 

Excellent squad rotation as well today 👌🏼

Thomson has handled the squad extremely well. Felt for Hooper who was excellent last week and will have been gutted to drop to the bench.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Thomson has handled the squad extremely well. Felt for Hooper who was excellent last week and will have been gutted to drop to the bench.

Yeah defo mate thought Hoops should’ve kept his place but Forster done his job well as well and I think that’s KTs biggest problem is keeping the squad happy because they all step up when they get in , Finlayson was excellent as well yesterday , best game yet at Kelty imo but Philp been brilliant and on bench , just hope it continues 😁😁

Yeah defo mate thought Hoops should’ve kept his place but Forster done his job well as well and I think that’s KTs biggest problem is keeping the squad happy because they all step up when they get in , Finlayson was excellent as well yesterday , best game yet at Kelty imo but Philp been brilliant and on bench , just hope it continues [emoji16][emoji16]

Always think Philp is unlucky to be missing from the starting line up.

The midfield if well stacked now. Black, who has been excellent of late and Philp coming on yesterday and also great to see Tam Reilly back and pinging passes about again.

Was surprised how high a line Albion played yesterday in first half. Cost them one goal and could have cost them a few more with right runs/passes.

6 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

The weather was way worse than a "wet Tuesday in Elgin", so much so that the powers-that-be were advising people not to travel.

On 11/12/2021 at 19:49, Robert Forbes said:

Tuesday night was much more than a "wet Tuesday night in December", to the extent that the authorities were advising people not to travel. The fact that the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch is evidence of how bad the weather actually was.