Kelty Hearts Thread

See Nathan Austin saying he was racially abused by an Albion fan during the game today.

Fucking shite. Hope the fan is identified and banned by all clubs indefinitely. No place for that in scottish football.

With this and the Quitongo thing last week, I hope this is more a case of players feeling more empowered to raise these things and not racist abuse being on the increase.

Scoring a hattrick is as big a GIRFUY as you can get, but still shite to read when catching up on the days games.

See Nathan Austin saying he was racially abused by an Albion fan during the game today.
Fucking shite. Hope the fan is identified and banned by all clubs indefinitely. No place for that in scottish football.
With this and the Quitongo thing last week, I hope this is more a case of players feeling more empowered to raise these things and not racist abuse being on the increase.
Scoring a hattrick is as big a GIRFUY as you can get, but still shite to read when catching up on the days games.
This is embarrassing tbh, as a club who have always been viewed as welcoming I hope whoever is responsible and the group they are with is hammered

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:
3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

This is embarrassing tbh, as a club who have always been viewed as welcoming I hope whoever is responsible and the group they are with is hammered

Yeah mate, totally agree. Its not just down to an individual. You have to feel comfortable with those around you to shout stuff like that and it be okay in your group. All involved need hammered, as you say.

Obviously best case scenario is that Austin misheard something and itll all be okay once investigated. But i fear that is wishful thinking. 

I can't understand why someone would shout that shite in the first place. But youd have to be fucking moronic to shout it in a crowd of a few hundred and not expect to be both heard and reprimanded. Can (sadly) almost get away with that shite when there are 50,000 odd, but not when there are less than 500 scattered around. Daft racist c**t.

11 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:
13 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

The embarrassing bit is spot on.

Banning anyone who was in their company/vicinity though? Wow, that’s different level. Guilty of what, potentially thinking something racist?

Really sad to hear that Austin was subjected to racial comments during yesterday’s game and surprised that the comments came from an Albion Rovers support that was excellent at Forthbank only a few weeks ago.

Hope for both Austin and Albion Rovers that the culprit(s) can be found and dealt with, absolutely no place for racism in our game or society.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Didn’t make game yesterday but heard about the racist comments and the young team incident , absolute shambles of a support if they let this happen imo 

The young team were subjected to vile chants about jimmy saville (that was from the older persons in the group) cups of juice thrown, attempted to steal the large flags and waited outside in a bid to intimidate 11 year old children.

There has been all sorts of accusations thrown at Nathan accusing him of lying on twitter from the sets of fans, the albion rovers chat board is laughable and it looks like the albion fans are quite frankly appalled and sick of the Coatbridge boys as they like to be known as. 

nail on the head with the comments that people must feel comfortable in their surroundings to have the audacity to come out with racist abuse, and I for one feel that the old saying, you fly with the craws you get shot with the craws is fitting here. 
the behaviour of the group was deplorable and vile. 

the Kelty young ultras are a set of young fans who are trying to create an atmosphere at the grounds, granted they are a bit raw shall we put it with their chants and the language used, but children of this age need to be drawn into local football away from the old firms, the sustainability of lower league football depends on it.

2 hours ago, big al said:

Banning anyone who was in their company/vicinity though? Wow, that’s different level. Guilty of what, potentially thinking something racist?

Banning them would be a stretch but at what point does saying nothing or association make you complicit in enabling racism?

Edited by leomessi1984

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s shocking - did the 11 year olds dads not step in or report it to police/stewards ??

Their dads were there (and mums) and were keeping a close eye on the situation. The Kelty boys have been to all of the away games and have never ever experienced anything like that. It was embarrassing for the home club. Trying to take their flag off them, throwing juice etc. Horrible way to treat a group of young boys only there to support their team.  

3 hours ago, big al said:

IMO, for people to shout that type of shite you have to be fairly confident the group you are in wouldnt react. So there is an element of people around these c***s enabling their racism and then not calling it out after.

Not that I ever would obviously, but even if I ever did think about shouting something like that, I know fine well my mates would absolutely hammer me and tell me to f**k off away from them.

The group you are with absolutely enables certain behaviours. It shouldnt be overlooked.

The wee Kelty boys gave us City fans a good slagging a few weeks ago which we took in mostly good heart (they called one of our fans a specky paedo too. Which we agreed with :lol:)

When I think of Vic Kasule playing for Rovers all those years ago and facing racist abuse these fuckwits obviously don't know, or care, about their own club's history.

Changing subject now on to the upcoming game vs Stranraer.

Stranraer form has been patchy but they have had a couple of decent results at the same time. I'd expect us to win this though and we should be flying after last week.

3.1 Kelty. Fash x 2 and Barjonas with a screamer 😀