Kelty Hearts Thread

Reis Peggie signed. Also had a few young ex Rangers reserves tonight on trial in Harris O'connor & Owen McGinty. O'connor looked good, McGinty looked skillful but powder puff physically.

2 nil win with the full 22 rotated through the game. Cardle is class! 

26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Went up to the game against Partick today.

Quite entertaining, wee Joe will be a standout in L2.

It was a good game, and sometimes you’d struggle to believe that the teams were 2 divisions apart - last goal for Partick, penalty did look a bit iffy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Was at the game as well and thought it was a decent contest. Thistle much the better team in the first half with Kelly coming back into it a lot more in the second half with Thistle deserving of the win.

Thought Tidser and Reilly were stand outs in the middle of the park, was really impressed with Reis Peggie at lest back end of course Fash is always going to score if he gets a half chance.

Thought the game kind of passed Barjonas by but he did do some good work for the 2nd goal. I think you might get in trouble if you ask Forster and Hill to be playing it out from the back all season, 2 solid stoppers and good and dominating in the air but Forster in particular can’t pass the ball 5 yards.

Overall was really impressed with how you competed. 1-11 there is no doubt you will comfortably have the best and strongest 11 in the league but unless there was a few players missing today you do still lack quite a bit of depth to the squad.

1 hour ago, KeltyDaft said:

It was a good game, and sometimes you’d struggle to believe that the teams were 2 divisions apart - last goal for Partick, penalty did look a bit iffy 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agree soft penalty for the winner, some good build up play for Kelty’s  second goal and Thistle’s opening two.

Good game for a friendly.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Was at the game as well and thought it was a decent contest. Thistle much the better team in the first half with Kelly coming back into it a lot more in the second half with Thistle deserving of the win.

Thought Tidser and Reilly were stand outs in the middle of the park, was really impressed with Reis Peggie at lest back end of course Fash is always going to score if he gets a half chance.

Thought the game kind of passed Barjonas by but he did do some good work for the 2nd goal. I think you might get in trouble if you ask Forster and Hill to be playing it out from the back all season, 2 solid stoppers and good and dominating in the air but Forster in particular can’t pass the ball 5 yards.

Overall was really impressed with how you competed. 1-11 there is no doubt you will comfortably have the best and strongest 11 in the league but unless there was a few players missing today you do still lack quite a bit of depth to the squad.

Spot on with the depth comments!

Philip, Russel & Black are the only three I'd say are strong enough outside the starting 11 today. I'd be hoping for another 2 or 3 still to come.

Pleased with the game tonight. We showed real threat going forward and even though it was a makeshift back four it was solid. McNab at centre half initially gave me the fear but saw enough tonight to show he'll be solid cover. Play like that and we won't lose many.

Pleased with the game tonight. We showed real threat going forward and even though it was a makeshift back four it was solid. McNab at centre half initially gave me the fear but saw enough tonight to show he'll be solid cover. Play like that and we won't lose many.

Very good performance. I was worried having seen McNab at centre back for a bit v Montrose but he was excellent last night.

Good all round performance and with a wee bit of luck could have taken it to pens in the last 5 mins. Not quite sure what happened with Cardle’s chance. Let it run across his body and I’m expecting him to smash it in and it just sort of ran away from him.

3 hours ago, crowie said:

Very good performance. I was worried having seen McNab at centre back for a bit v Montrose but he was excellent last night.

Good all round performance and with a wee bit of luck could have taken it to pens in the last 5 mins. Not quite sure what happened with Cardle’s chance. Let it run across his body and I’m expecting him to smash it in and it just sort of ran away from him.

Kelty played well and did enough to take it penalties at least, but if Dundee United are premiership quality heaven help Scottish football.

31 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

Kelty played well and did enough to take it penalties at least, but if Dundee United are premiership quality heaven help Scottish football.

I thought that but It's their first competitive fixture in months. All teams will be finding their fitness and they were playing a very decent and capable Kelty side.

Well played Kelty. Barring an injury crisis, I can see you winning the league. I do have confidence in my own team but you have a team who would perform well in the division above.