Kelty Hearts Thread

I don't believe that Kelty are obvious winners with the squad as it is. I reckon we'll certainly be very competitive and will be at the business end of the table at the end of the season, but at the moment I've got a couple of question marks over some of the players who'll likely feature over the season with regards to our chances of promotion. It's important to note that these are only question marks at this stage, and that this is largely based on games played against teams who are above the level we'll be competing at. There's every chance that I'll be 100% happy with the squad once we start  competing week in week out against League Two clubs, which is what we should have been building towards. At the same time though, once inevitable injuries, suspensions and unforeseen departures impact our preferred 11 the squad might start to look a bit makeshift, but every club at this level is in the same boat. 

I'm not concerned about a long hard season, as long as we don't finish bottom I'll be happy. In recent history over the course of our time in the EOS and Lowland League (and beyond) there's been a winning mentality and progression will come with lows. As long as the club and team hasn't went backwards, if we do suddenly find ourselves struggling either this season or beyond we'll have been successful in finding our level and for me, that's a big part of the journey we've been on. I can genuinely say though that each week has been an exciting step into new, uncharted territory, and I'm just happy to be a small part of it. 

Edited by KH4
Grammatical error

12 hours ago, KH4 said:

I don't believe that Kelty are obvious winners with the squad as it is. I reckon we'll certainly be very competitive and will be at the business end of the table at the end of the season, but at the moment I've got a couple of question marks over some of the players who'll likely feature over the season with regards to our chances of promotion. It's important to note that these are only question marks at this stage, and that this is largely based on games played against teams who are above the level we'll be competing at. There's every chance that I'll be 100% happy with the squad once we start  competing week in week out against League Two clubs, which is what we should have been building towards. At the same time though, once inevitable injuries, suspensions and unforeseen departures impact our preferred 11 the squad might start to look a bit makeshift, but every club at this level is in the same boat. 

I'm not concerned about a long hard season, as long as we don't finish bottom I'll be happy. In recent history over the course of our time in the EOS and Lowland League (and beyond) there's been a winning mentality and progression will come with lows. As long as the club and team hasn't went backwards, if we do suddenly find ourselves struggling either this season or beyond we'll have been successful in finding our level and for me, that's a big part of the journey we've been on. I can genuinely say though that each week has been an exciting step into new, uncharted territory, and I'm just happy to be a small part of it. 

WHIT..... If you dont finish bottom you will be happy... WHIT....

If kelty dont finish in top 2 id be raging.

Your playing budget absolutely dwarfs all the other teams in the league. So let’s stop talking shite. Anything other than promotion would be underachieving (putting it mildly).

Your playing budget absolutely dwarfs all the other teams in the league. So let’s stop talking shite. Anything other than promotion would be underachieving (putting it mildly).
Still pedalling the "we are just a well run club" clearly. The players are only there for the project.

14 hours ago, KH4 said:

🤪😳🤣 Football. Bloody hell.

8 hours ago, onecowden said:

I can only imagine why you've decided to approach this in such an impolite way. It looks to me like you're genuinely struggling to process multiple strands of a concept at anyone time. That'll be why almost everything ends up with a muesli splattered " aye but some guys paying championship wages". I'm talking specifically about my expectations for the forthcoming season based on the football I've been watching, and even at that you've decided to completely ignore what I actually said so you could have your wee "it's not fair" moment. Well seeing Cowden have run out of whatever rocket fuel it was that helped to propel them to the Championship just a few years ago. 

At no point did I say I expected Kelty to finish bottom, or near the bottom, only that Id be happy as long as we dont finish last. I've not seen enough of the squad to determine whether promotion is the most likely outcome for this season, however I expect us to be there or thereabouts. Overall the squad isn't better than it was last year and the two games against Brechin were difficult, hard fought and competitive. Irrespective of budget, anyone certain that a young, inexperienced manager will blow the league away hasn't seen as much of the team over the past few months as I have. It is however a possibility, but there are too many uncertainties to be over confident. 

I'm intensely relaxed about how the club is funded and the wage structure. It is GREAT fun going every week which is good because a lot of fans at this level don't seem to be enjoying it and seem devoid of hope that things will ever improve. I'm not worried about any impending collapse, although the worst case scenario of Cowdenbeath being my local club should be keeping me up at night.  

I can only imagine why you've decided to approach this in such an impolite way. It looks to me like you're genuinely struggling to process multiple strands of a concept at anyone time. That'll be why almost everything ends up with a muesli splattered " aye but some guys paying championship wages". I'm talking specifically about my expectations for the forthcoming season based on the football I've been watching, and even at that you've decided to completely ignore what I actually said so you could have your wee "it's not fair" moment. Well seeing Cowden have run out of whatever rocket fuel it was that helped to propel them to the Championship just a few years ago. 
At no point did I say I expected Kelty to finish bottom, or near the bottom, only that Id be happy as long as we dont finish last. I've not seen enough of the squad to determine whether promotion is the most likely outcome for this season, however I expect us to be there or thereabouts. Overall the squad isn't better than it was last year and the two games against Brechin were difficult, hard fought and competitive. Irrespective of budget, anyone certain that a young, inexperienced manager will blow the league away hasn't seen as much of the team over the past few months as I have. It is however a possibility, but there are too many uncertainties to be over confident. 
I'm intensely relaxed about how the club is funded and the wage structure. It is GREAT fun going every week which is good because a lot of fans at this level don't seem to be enjoying it and seem devoid of hope that things will ever improve. I'm not worried about any impending collapse, although the worst case scenario of Cowdenbeath being my local club should be keeping me up at night.  

You’ve no idea who I am, what I am like or indeed how unintelligent I am. I’m not about to guess how informed you are. I also don’t care where Kelty Hearts get their money from. They are just another club with more money than mine. That’s life. Good luck for the season.

You’ve no idea who I am, what I am like or indeed how unintelligent I am. I’m not about to guess how informed you are. I also don’t care where Kelty Hearts get their money from. They are just another club with more money than mine. That’s life. Good luck for the season.
Another fan with intimate knowledge of club finances and wage structures. [emoji848][emoji2368]

29 minutes ago, Breast Rummage Albion said:

Another fan with intimate knowledge of club finances and wage structures. emoji848.pngemoji2368.png

:lol: Are you suggesting that Cowdenbeath have a higher budget than Kelty? 

Another fan with intimate knowledge of club finances and wage structures. [emoji848][emoji2368]

Hardly. However I do know Kelty and quite a number of other clubs have a bigger budget than Cowdenbeath. Still it’s not intimate knowledge of anything.

42 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Kelty are obviously title favourites and not winning the league would be a big disappointment for those in charge. The media will treat it as a “fairytale” like they did with Gretna.

We should 100% be in the top 2/3 this season. Anything less with the players we have would be really poor. I do think the back 4 needs strength though.

8 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

We should 100% be in the top 2/3 this season. Anything less with the players we have would be really poor. I do think the back 4 needs strength though.

Defence might not be as good as the attack but you’re playing the likes of Annan and Cowdenbeath. 

Only risk I can see is if Forfar or Stirling go on a long winning run and the head-to-head games become crucial. In reality I’d say Kelty will be champions with 3 or 4 games to spare.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Defence might not be as good as the attack but you’re playing the likes of Annan and Cowdenbeath. 

Only risk I can see is if Forfar or Stirling go on a long winning run and the head-to-head games become crucial. In reality I’d say Kelty will be champions with 3 or 4 games to spare.

With a team of pensioners?

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

With a team of pensioners?

Do they have anyone older than 35 other than Dougie Hill?

Cardle and Tidser could probably both do a more than acceptable job in the league above.

Austin, Peggie, Barjonas, Reilly, Forster all under 30.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

They’ve all been good players but there will be a lot of tough games ahead. We’ll see. Won’t be the stroll in the park many think.

I don't think anyone expects them to be the League 2 invincibles, but it's clear that they appear to have a strong squad and should do well. Hopefully much better now that they don't have Andy Rodgers.