Kelty Hearts Thread

Just now, BB_Bino said:

A bit annoying that this has been approved by the SPFL as we made the same request a week ago, which was rejected and we were told to use Development Squad players

Cowden dont have a development squad or youth system. 

30 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Cowden dont have a development squad or youth system. 

The rules on this should be consistent, teams seem to be “punished” if they have a development squad, playing in effect a weakened team, on the other hand teams with no dev squad can play the fixture once they have their first team back. I know the current circumstances aren’t ideal and it is not the teams fault, but it should be a level playing field.

11 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The rules on this should be consistent, teams seem to be “punished” if they have a development squad, playing in effect a weakened team, on the other hand teams with no dev squad can play the fixture once they have their first team back. I know the current circumstances aren’t ideal and it is not the teams fault, but it should be a level playing field.

I agree however those are the rules in place.. not an agenda against any particular team... 

10 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Cowdenbeath, AKA the emergency loan champions of Scottish football had ample time to get a GK in, going by their previous attempts it takes a day for them to achieve this.

so why after knowing on Thursday are we having this conversation on NYD that they might not be able to fulfil fixture and then wait until 10.30am on the day of the game to officially call it off.

14 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

It’s up to clubs to put forward a proposal to change things at the SPFL AGM.

I agree it seems unfair on clubs who have an under 20 side.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It’s up to clubs to put forward a proposal to change things at the SPFL AGM.

I agree it seems unfair on clubs who have an under 20 side.

It was a bit unfair on Cowden the other week as Edinburgh City's U20s looked better than the duffers who usually play in the first team.. :lol:

Anyway I had actually managed to secure a ticket for this game.. oh well, maybe a nice walk in the countryside today instead.

46 minutes ago, KeltyDaft said:

Cowdenbeath, AKA the emergency loan champions of Scottish football had ample time to get a GK in, going by their previous attempts it takes a day for them to achieve this.

so why after knowing on Thursday are we having this conversation on NYD that they might not be able to fulfil fixture and then wait until 10.30am on the day of the game to officially call it off.

For a loan to happen, the other club needs to be willing to loan their player out.

Other clubs are also being hit with Covid issues so maybe don't have any players to loan out at present due to their own team's self isolation.

There may well have been enough time (even though it is the Christmas/New Year period) in theory but it takes two to loan.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It was a bit unfair on Cowden the other week as Edinburgh City's U20s looked better than the duffers who usually play in the first team.. :lol:

Anyway I had actually managed to secure a ticket for this game.. oh well, maybe a nice walk in the countryside today instead.

The game should have been off😀

3 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

It's a disgrace isn't it. Imagine a part time club being ravaged by covid during a pandemic not managing to sort a loan. 

4 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

What a mess.

Get yourself a shower and smarten yourself up man.