Jump to content

Kelty Hearts League 2 Quest


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

There's no sour grapes merely just pointing it out for what it is. There is no sustainable model for Kelty long term as there crowds will never cover what they are currently paying in wages. 

I was talking about this with others at our game yesterday and it's not something I'd want at our club. Winning a league title at a canter in that Gretna/Kelty style just feels a little hollow and not organic.

Our fan base is increasing every year - we have a fanbase and attendances that would put some L1 games to shame.
 

i see the point of sustainability brought up every week getting. I’d actually like to ask where you think KH are not sustainable? Just curious...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your crowd against us last week was 571. How can you honestly say paying the likes of Forster, Cardle, Higgy, Austin, Tidser and so on is sustainable with that kind of crowd?

If you think it is then you operate from a different planet than I do, or certainly anyone who knows football at this level.

Kelty fans seem oblivious it's pretty bizarre stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I think funding will stop from GM and rightly so as he’s put his money where his mouth is to get us this far and hopefully league1 this is where I think we will hopefully settle 

Would be more than happy to plod along at this level with maybe a chance of promotion every now and again , a decent cup run etc don’t think that’s out with our grasp if current crowds stay the same and better away crowds rocking up

Certainly a lot better than the Juniors were anyway 😁😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

There's no sour grapes merely just pointing it out for what it is. There is no sustainable model for Kelty long term as there crowds will never cover what they are currently paying in wages. 

I was talking about this with others at our game yesterday and it's not something I'd want at our club. Winning a league title at a canter in that Gretna/Kelty style just feels a little hollow and not organic.

I'm not familiar with their finances. Gretna was a whole different level, as they were professional and playing the top-flight, which was just ridiculous. Kelty are winning the bottom tier, just as Cove has previously. Neither seem to be on the level of Gretna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Your crowd against us last week was 571. How can you honestly say paying the likes of Forster, Cardle, Higgy, Austin, Tidser and so on is sustainable with that kind of crowd?

If you think it is then you operate from a different planet than I do, or certainly anyone who knows football at this level.

Kelty fans seem oblivious it's pretty bizarre stuff.

Which was one of the poorest turnouts of the season coincidentally - yesterday was over 800.

do you know something we don’t regarding the wage bill for KH? Or are you speculating?

youre speculative opinion is based on rumours he said she said stuff and you seem to be highly motivated by the Gretna narrative.

KH has a corporate sponsorship package for all areas which is easily found on their website which will recover a portion of the costs associated with the club, gate entries also contribute to this. 

most players are brought in on free transfers and intact the players you mentioned were free agents.

so tell me, how ambitious club driving forward is somehow code word for Gretna in the eyes of the sour grapes of some fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Neilly said:

My lord. You are blinkered beyond belief so little point having this going back and forth.

 

Either that or you’re an arsepiece who doesn’t have a comeback to that. 
 

stick to stenny and chugging yourself off to mediocrity with swift and the BSC rejects

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelty's average attendance so far this season is just under 800. If they progress up to League 1 it's likely that they will have less success, so lower attendances would be expected as a result. Currently there are several sides in League 1 whose average attendances are in the 600's, so if Kelty can attain this then it's possible that they could survive at League 1 without the extra money being put into the club at the moment. It's no secret that no club survives only on gate money, so a lot will depend on income raised through sources other than the money coming through the gate, and Kelty do have a very active and dedicated committee, so I would be confident that club won't become another "Gretna".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Kelty's average attendance so far this season is just under 800. If they progress up to League 1 it's likely that they will have less success, so lower attendances would be expected as a result. Currently there are several sides in League 1 whose average attendances are in the 600's, so if Kelty can attain this then it's possible that they could survive at League 1 without the extra money being put into the club at the moment. It's no secret that no club survives only on gate money, so a lot will depend on income raised through sources other than the money coming through the gate, and Kelty do have a very active and dedicated committee, so I would be confident that club won't become another "Gretna".

Most sensible post on here for some time! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

Either that or you’re an arsepiece who doesn’t have a comeback to that. 
 

stick to stenny and chugging yourself off to mediocrity with swift and the BSC rejects

Utterly bizarre stuff. You seem a bit unhinged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelty's average attendance so far this season is just under 800. If they progress up to League 1 it's likely that they will have less success, so lower attendances would be expected as a result. Currently there are several sides in League 1 whose average attendances are in the 600's, so if Kelty can attain this then it's possible that they could survive at League 1 without the extra money being put into the club at the moment. It's no secret that no club survives only on gate money, so a lot will depend on income raised through sources other than the money coming through the gate, and Kelty do have a very active and dedicated committee, so I would be confident that club won't become another "Gretna".
In fairness the only reason Gretna were mentioned was an example of how winning the title would possibly feel fairly hollow due to the financial disparity and rightly wouldn't feel organic. Kelty are no where near what Gretna were but are still paying wages to players who wouldn't be there otherwise.

If the model was to bankroll to L1 and then see what happens then it looks like it will be a successful one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

In fairness the only reason Gretna were mentioned was an example of how winning the title would possibly feel fairly hollow due to the financial disparity and rightly wouldn't feel organic. Kelty are no where near what Gretna were but are still paying wages to players who wouldn't be there otherwise.

If the model was to bankroll to L1 and then see what happens then it looks like it will be a successful one.

At the time Kelty joined the Seniors they said on several occasions that they wanted to leave the Juniors mainly because of the glass ceiling that existed at that level, and to see where joining the Seniors would take them. I don't know what level, if any, they were aiming for, I only mentioned League 1 as I thought that it was a realistic level to reach given the size of the club. It may be that Kelty just wanted to be an SPFL club, but I don't know that for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the highlights it certainly looks like Montrose should have won. Clear chances for Kelty but a few that, if not for Jamieson, the away side should have put away. Johnstone looked dangerous against his home town club. I'll be at the reply so hopefully a wee away win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...