Kelty Hearts Thread

5 hours ago, The Marly said:

How did Max do?

Came on late, got booked for diving with his first run with the ball, then done really well to win the penalty that got the goal, it was noticeable that after the dive and before the penalty you could hear the Cowdenbeath defenders shouting to show him onto his right, however the first time he done that he got the penalty. 

He'd also won the ball back just beforehand with a really good sliding tackle. It's a really small sample size to judge a player off tbf, by the time he came on the game was being played within 30 yards of the Cowdenbeath goal. 

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

I would have coped with floodlight robbery.

😂😂 fair point neeb , 

Cowden were well organised and disciplined last night but we were always going to get a decent chance with 80-90% play in your half , how the no 9 missed that chance in the second half is beyond me, it’s gotta have been harder to put it wide instead of nodding into the empty net 

I don't think Kelty were all that impressive last night, I have to say. Sure, they had plenty of the ball but beyond shipping it out wide & launching it into the box to Austin (who was largely anonymous), what were they achieving?

Lad on loan from St. Johnstone did well when he came on. As Grant mentioned, the passage of play with him winning the ball back & then winning the penalty was very impressive. He definitely brought drive & impetus to the Kelty attack, which vindicates the decision to take Cardle off (no matter how pissed off he was with that at the time).

If Cowdenbeath had hung on for a point last night, I think they'd have been worth it. They were incredibly disciplined in the first half, with Barr and Thomson playing very well to control the defence & midfield respectively. Whilst Cowden never ever looked a constant threat, I'm not sure Kelty had all that much going on in front of goal either.

2 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I don't think Kelty were all that impressive last night, I have to say. Sure, they had plenty of the ball but beyond shipping it out wide & launching it into the box to Austin (who was largely anonymous), what were they achieving?

Lad on loan from St. Johnstone did well when he came on. As Grant mentioned, the passage of play with him winning the ball back & then winning the penalty was very impressive. He definitely brought drive & impetus to the Kelty attack, which vindicates the decision to take Cardle off (no matter how pissed off he was with that at the time).

If Cowdenbeath had hung on for a point last night, I think they'd have been worth it. They were incredibly disciplined in the first half, with Barr and Thomson playing very well to control the defence & midfield respectively. Whilst Cowden never ever looked a constant threat, I'm not sure Kelty had all that much going on in front of goal either.

Agree with Austin not looking up for it , would’ve had Agyeman starting instead 

53 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That’s normal, been “injured” every time I’ve seen him but always makes a miraculous recovery.

Would be interesting to see why he went down early on off the ball, trying to get Mango sent off was my thought but no idea if there was any incident as didn't see it.

Think it was a miss placed arm /elbow but no malice intended just your boy wanting to get to the ball more 

15 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

It's  not easy at any level to break down a team defending in large numbers. I thought that Kelty did well under the circumstances and they definitely deserved to win. The game was strikingly similar to the 1-0 game at Cowdenbeath earlier in the season, with a late goal deciding the outcome. I hope that Cowden stay up as the three games so far have been good, and the attendances have been excellent. Even if they finished bottom. I think they will be too good for whoever wins the play-offs.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Reckon he will get a gold at the next Olympics for diving.

Hi Tom 👋 nice to see you’ve migrated here from your absolute shambles of a Twitter. How’s the boardroom at a cowden? Are directors supposed to be acting like idiots on social media these days?

Hi Tom [emoji112] nice to see you’ve migrated here from your absolute shambles of a Twitter. How’s the boardroom at a cowden? Are directors supposed to be acting like idiots on social media these days?

Wrong guy entirely. Get yourself together.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Reckon he will get a gold at the next Olympics for diving.

The penalty was a penalty I was thinking about the one he got booked for a few minutes earlier.

That should have been a warning for or defenders not to lunge in on the box.

We should have never have got into the position of giving away a penalty, ball should have been cleared.

For what it’s worth I know someone who has seen Brechin a few times and says that Max is a real prospect.