Kelty Hearts Thread

10 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

What, you mean the first club in the world to wear black and white stripes? One of the founder members of the football league? Get down to the Lowland League where you belong, you chumps.

😀😀 It isn’t the most glamorous for them but at least another possible win playing a lower end Premiership side.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good that you can laugh though you had a humor bypass this morning.

If we do go down so be it we will have deserved it like all clubs who go down.

Aye, I get quite defensive sometimes. I work remotely now and deal with English armchair fans or Old Firm supporters mostly, who sneer at my club. It shouldn't bother me, particularly as I'd find sitting watching my club on the television unfulfilling and certainly no replacement for going to live games.

Of course, you guys support Cowdenbeath and for that you sincerely deserve my respect and admiration. I enjoy lower league football, mind you, and think it is charming and satisfying in a way that supporters of the big clubs won't understand until they experience it. 

Anyway, if you go down I fear you might not come back up. The pyramid will introduced a sort of Darwinian ruthlessness to our game. The weak won't survive, they'll be usurped by the strong, and you will see the likes of Auchinleck and Clydebank rising up the leagues...and someone has to make room for them.

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

Why is Hooper not getting a game for Kelty?

He's been excellent any time he has. Was immense up at Montrose in the SC. With Forster and O'Ware at the back he's up against it for getting in at CB. At RB he's got Philp, who for me is our best attacking fullback, and Finlayson who's raw but good defensively, so lot's of competition for him.

He's been excellent any time he has. Was immense up at Montrose in the SC. With Forster and O'Ware at the back he's up against it for getting in at CB. At RB he's got Philp, who for me is our best attacking fullback, and Finlayson who's raw but good defensively, so lot's of competition for him.

He was top player when he was at Annan Athletic.
He’d be better coming back playing for us than sitting on the bench every week.

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

He was top player when he was at Annan Athletic.
He’d be better coming back playing for us than sitting on the bench every week.

Aye he puts the travelling in to come up here , really hope he stays with us but gotta be getting a bit fed up now especially when he plays really well when given the chance