Kelty Hearts Thread

12 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Are you lot finding the visiting crowds bigger in League 2? Has your home support grown, I know your hospitality was always well sold

I’ve been at 2 of their home games.

Good away crowd on the opening day v Cowden as you would expect.

Was also up at Annan game normal dozen or so Annan fans who were at Central Park.

Stirling will probably take 200 for their game there.

Think their average crowd is 700 odd which is up on what they got.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ve been at 2 of their home games.

Good away crowd on the opening day v Cowden as you would expect.

Was also up at Annan game normal dozen or so Annan fans who were at Central Park.

Stirling will probably take 200 for their game there.

Think their average crowd is 700 odd which is up on what they got.

Spot on. We are up about 100 odd home fans wise and then just depends on who the visitors are. As Cowden says the opener was 1K + and prob would have been capacity had we been allowed.

Edited by leomessi1984

As a Clyde fan, I've found reading the recent comments about Kelty and Barry Ferguson's prowess (or lack thereof) as a manager.
His first season was an absolute failure as he overhauled Duffy's squad but signed players well below the level he wanted to be, both in terms of skill level and professionalism. He used sooo many different players and finished the season with Keigan Parker and Mark Roberts up top. His second season we faired better - he signed a better standard of player in the likes of Scott Linton, Chris Mitchell, Sean Higgins and Shug Murray and we made the play offs.
During his third and final season at Clyde, he was given the funds to cherry pick some of the best players from League 2 to finally get us out the league. Our starting lineup was great, we had the likes of Ewan McNeil, Jordan Lowden, Matty Flynn, JP McGovern, Peaso MacDonald and yer man Dylan Easton. We started brightly but Easton was injured after a few games and the arse well and truly fell out of the team. There was no plan B. Ferguson was initially persuaded not to resign but eventually only his quitting and the controversial signing of Goodwillie saved us from relegation.
I suppose my laboured point is that at Clyde, even with a decent backing, he was able to completely fail. At Kelty he would have had a much bigger budget than he would have ever had at Clyde and they were playing in an extremely poor league. To me, it seemed like he maybe jumped ship up to Alloa because in the back of his mind he knew that he failed in that league before and not winning it with Kelty with their budget would forever tarnish an already poor looking managerial CV. He probably should have stayed at Kelty and they would have skooshed the league anyway, but at least Alloa gives him a jump up the leagues and also the opportunity to say that his failure is due to reasons other than his poor management style. He's already started blaming the fans for poor performances.
Spoke at half time with a steward at Airdrie when Alloa played them a few weeks ago midweek. He pretty much stated that Ferguson was shouting and bawling at the players like they were a piece of sh@t, and if that was out in the street he would be jailed. The worst thing he had seen in his time as a steward at the club.

Baltic night in Edinburgh last night but a great 3 points for us 

Thought we controlled the game throughout and should’ve had game finished off with a 4th or 5th goal instead of a nervy last 5.

Boys were excellent last night and think actually prefer playing away as teams come out a bit more, City played well in small patches , thought they were better at Kelty though than last night 

Mon Kelty 

We had a lot of injuries last night. Kelty seemed to take their foot off the gas otherwise it might have been 5. Or it could have been an undeserved 3-3. Odd game football.

In the 2nd half Jamieson made a fine save diving across goal to push a shot behind (I was behind the goal and had a clear view). The ref gave a goal kick! 

Thanks for the big Kelty support turning up. BTW if we ever get round to moving back Meadowbank was bloody freezing too...

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Hopefully Barjonas only misses a game or two & can play in a support. Another solid win although should have been more. Guessing the Aberdeen boys were ineligible? 

Hope not too bad an injury as he’s a first name on team sheet job at the moment 

Frustrating afternoon yesterday. I felt Kelty controlled the game and were definitely the better side, but too often the final ball was squandered with Cardle having his share of over hit balls into the box. It was especially frustrating to see Albion score so soon after our hard fought for (and we'll worked) opener. Forster said after the game it felt like a defeat, but the draw suits us more than Stirling and it maintained our lead. Marching on undefeated was also a positive. 

Once again Tidser was immense, he's a very reassuring presence in midfield and were lucky to have him. I'm not totally convinced on Finlayson yet, he doesn't look too comfortable going forward. DJ was put in a couple of awkward situations yesterday but he kept his composure and got us out of trouble and his distribution is seldom lacking. 

Finally, it was a good atmosphere yesterday in front of a decent crowd. Albions fans were the most vocal I've seen in a long time and whilst I would have liked them to go back to Stirling with their coupons tripping them it was good to see visiting supporters in decent numbers. 

2 hours ago, KH4 said:

Frustrating afternoon yesterday. I felt Kelty controlled the game and were definitely the better side, but too often the final ball was squandered with Cardle having his share of over hit balls into the box. It was especially frustrating to see Albion score so soon after our hard fought for (and we'll worked) opener. Forster said after the game it felt like a defeat, but the draw suits us more than Stirling and it maintained our lead. Marching on undefeated was also a positive. 

Once again Tidser was immense, he's a very reassuring presence in midfield and were lucky to have him. I'm not totally convinced on Finlayson yet, he doesn't look too comfortable going forward. DJ was put in a couple of awkward situations yesterday but he kept his composure and got us out of trouble and his distribution is seldom lacking. 

Finally, it was a good atmosphere yesterday in front of a decent crowd. Albions fans were the most vocal I've seen in a long time and whilst I would have liked them to go back to Stirling with their coupons tripping them it was good to see visiting supporters in decent numbers. 

Finlayson will be up & down given his age. He was excellent last week and bossed it against us in the challenge cup. 

We should have been out of sight but seemed a bit off in the final third. Overall we've got to be delighted with current standings! 

Tidser up there with the best I've seen at NCP.

Edited by leomessi1984

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Finlayson will be up & down given his age. He was excellent last week and bossed it against us in the challenge cup. 

We should have been out of sight but seemed a bit off in the final third. Overall we've got to be delighted with current standings! 

Tidser up there with the best I've seen at NCP.

It was a bit frustrating yesterday but it's encouraging that plenty chances are being made against teams who are content to sit in and frustrate Kelty, but a combination of bad luck and slightly off finishing means that a lot of these chances go begging. I think the pitch at NCP being comparitively small goes against the home team at times as it's harder to stretch the away team on the smaller pitch, but that's only my opinion! I agree Tidser has been outstanding this season, he's a pleasure to watch.

On 31/10/2021 at 09:20, KH4 said:

100% agree on the Finlayson quote, said in a previous post that Ross Philp must be wondering what he's to do because so far he's streets ahead of young Finlayson and offers far more.

Prefer Oware and Forster as a pairing also, Hill is decent but in my opinion a back up, Barjo would have made a big difference in the Stirling match also.

Edited by Jackson Pollock

25 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Sturdy performance today with Forfar not causing too many problems , subs were key to the win so 👏🏼👏🏼KT

wondering if any updates on Barjonas and Reilly injuries as getting those two back would be some boost to the team 

Reilly was on the bench today.

Genuinely never thought we'd be ten points clear at this point. With the squad we have we should likely be top but it's going even better than expected. Long way to go but could well be L1 for us next year. Crazy how far we have come since that Superleague relegation playoff! Very proud 👏 

Edited by leomessi1984

A true underdog story.

Sorry but anyone who knows anything about this level of football knew you would absolutely piss this league.

The strength of that bench yesterday is just another indication of the luxury you have to pick from.

Thomson has done the job well though and long term will be a better man at the helm than Ferguson for when you start facing teams with a better or more even budget than you currently have.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

A true underdog story.

Sorry but anyone who knows anything about this level of football knew you would absolutely piss this league.

The strength of that bench yesterday is just another indication of the luxury you have to pick from.

Thomson has done the job well though and long term will be a better man at the helm than Ferguson for when you start facing teams with a better or more even budget than you currently have.

No hiding the investment, also never said it was an underdog story. The journey is still remarkable nonetheless.