Kelty Hearts Thread

49 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

The kelty job even made Barry Ferguson look good

Fergus did an excellent job at Kelty, he inherited a team that wasn't quite good enough to win the Lowland League, and in no time overhauled the squad and had it ready for the start of the season. Plus at the end of the day he got kelty into the SPFL, so he did his job.

Fergus did an excellent job at Kelty, he inherited a team that wasn't quite good enough to win the Lowland League, and in no time overhauled the squad and had it ready for the start of the season. Plus at the end of the day he got kelty into the SPFL, so he did his job.
In no time overhauled the squad [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guest mr_malcolm

He managed to overhaul it because of the money he was able to throw at quality players .

44 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

He managed to overhaul it because of the money he was able to throw at quality players .

He's entitled to buy the players that the club can afford, every manager would do that. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that it's not always a case of buying players and throwing them onto the pitch expecting them to win games. Ferguson also changed the way Kelty played, he had too, and that helped his team into the SPFL. It is true to say that having a lot of money to buy players, but that doesn't always bring success, football history tells us that.

Guest mr_malcolm
He's entitled to buy the players that the club can afford, every manager would do that. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that it's not always a case of buying players and throwing them onto the pitch expecting them to win games. Ferguson also changed the way Kelty played, he had too, and that helped his team into the SPFL. It is true to say that having a lot of money to buy players, but that doesn't always bring success, football history tells us that.

At this level it does. Cove , Queen’s Park and now yourselves

6 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

At this level it does. Cove , Queen’s Park and now yourselves

True last 3 winners have had the best budget.

Re the Ferguson debate he seems to being found out at Alloa as he was at Clyde.

Maybe not the worst thing to happen at Kelty him moving on.

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

True last 3 winners have had the best budget.

Re the Ferguson debate he seems to being found out at Alloa as he was at Clyde.

Maybe not the worst thing to happen at Kelty him moving on.

You won't find many at Kelty who would criticise Ferguson, he did what he was asked to do, playing good football in the process.

Guest mr_malcolm
East Kilbride spent big to get out of the Lowland League for several seasons, but failed.

It’s not just in Scotland’s lower leagues. It happens in any league across the globe. Teams with the biggest budgets win the league or finish near the top where there are teams with similar sized budgets give or take a Leicester winning th league every now and then

19 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

It’s not just in Scotland’s lower leagues. It happens in any league across the globe. Teams with the biggest budgets win the league or finish near the top where there are teams with similar sized budgets give or take a Leicester winning th league every now and then

There's no doubt money helps, but my point is that throwing money at a manager does not guarantee success, football history tells us that. If league positions were decided by how much a club spends then there would be no point in playing any matches! 

Guest mr_malcolm
There's no doubt money helps, but my point is that throwing money at a manager does not guarantee success, football history tells us that. If league positions were decided by how much a club spends then there would be no point in playing any matches! 

But in league 2 in Scotland , throwing money at it it does pretty much guarantee the league as the standard elsewhere is absolute pish.

6 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

But in league 2 in Scotland , throwing money at it it does pretty much guarantee the league as the standard elsewhere is absolute pish.

Perhaps, but Kelty obviously spent most and are top, but none of the games I have seen have they been miles ahead of the opposition, and there's no guarantee that they will win the league.

Perhaps, but Kelty obviously spent most and are top, but none of the games I have seen have they been miles ahead of the opposition, and there's no guarantee that they will win the league.

There are no guarantees with anything in sport. However history tells us (well me anyway) that if Kelty don’t win the league you’ll be out on your own as complete abject failures. A squad that is far too good for the level they are playing at. That’s the reality and all this consolidation pish is, well just pish. I do understand why some Kelty fans are trying to play it down but really there is no need. Get the bunting out.

13 minutes ago, onecowden said:

There are no guarantees with anything in sport. However history tells us (well me anyway) that if Kelty don’t win the league you’ll be out on your own as complete abject failures. A squad that is far too good for the level they are playing at. That’s the reality and all this consolidation pish is, well just pish. I do understand why some Kelty fans are trying to play it down but really there is no need. Get the bunting out.

If Kelty don't win the league or go up they'll try again next season, simple as that, it's been their outlook ever since they left the Juniors to go Senior.