Kelty Hearts Thread

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We got lucky though with local businessmen coming in and ensuring we don't run at any losses. Stayed full time when we went to League 1 and switched to stats based recruitment under Martindale in 2015. I don't think we've made a loss since then and reduced debt from 1.2m to 200k now. We're slowly un-basketcasing ourselves :D 

Good to hear.

We got lucky though with local businessmen coming in and ensuring we don't run at any losses. Stayed full time when we went to League 1 and switched to stats based recruitment under Martindale in 2015. I don't think we've made a loss since then and reduced debt from 1.2m to 200k now. We're slowly un-basketcasing ourselves [emoji3] 

When you consider you’ve also consolidated in the Premiership it’s quite an achievement. Fair play. It shows it can be done with a proper business plan and astute player recruitment.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Bit of a canter today in the end. Thought the diving header OG would pull Stirling back into it for the last 20 mins but never materialised.

Sterner tests to come.

Only if you’re having an off day.

Got to laugh at folk who try to play down how far ahead of the rest Kelty should be.

Even if it’s close in January, the chequebook will just come out.

Same as QP and Cove previously, the rest are playing for positions. 

Guest mr_malcolm
To be fair it’s not Kelly fans saying this. But it is true with the squad Kelly have they should win this league but no reason teams can’t challenge them on a weekly basis.

They should but I think going forward we are a match for anyone in this league , need defence sorted out IMO

Interesting trip Tuesday coming up. Another ground ticked off the list and feel we should win.  Would expect Thomson to make a lot of changes though.

Not seen any ticket / pay at gate info etc?

Edited by leomessi1984

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Interesting trip Tuesday coming up. Another ground ticked off the list and feel we should win.  Would expect Thomson to make a lot of changes though.

Not seen any ticket / pay at gate info etc?

Even with a rotated side I would expect you to win this comfortably.

Pretty poor they haven’t promoted the match re pricing etc.

I disagree with the B teams in the Lowland League but at least the 2 promote the games well.

16 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Even with a rotated side I would expect you to win this comfortably.

Pretty poor they haven’t promoted the match re pricing etc.

I disagree with the B teams in the Lowland League but at least the 2 promote the games well.

We are usually spot on with details but St Mirren literally have nowt anywhere.

I would think Stirling Albion will be one of the tougher tests faced in the league by Kelty this year. I'd expect Kelty to comfortably win League 2 but it'll be of no surprise when they drop daft points throughout the season; it's practically the norm at this level.

I agree with the notion that more signings will follow in January if things are tighter than expected. I can't quite see that being the case though. Other teams will be dropping points against each other as the weeks go on and that alone should see Kelty build up a points cushion ahead of the pack.