Kelty Hearts Thread

Is there a link to that?

I fucking loved it when he scored at TFS against you, kissing the badge, shushing the home crowd etc. Love that shit!

Same at Falkirk, with his daftness sometimes causing more problems than his creativity, but on his day... Glad he's still playing, had a bit of the Gazza about him on the field, know nothing about him off it. There's a documentary about his time in India that's worth a watch, hardly got to play because of the trouble in Kashmir.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is there a link to that?

I fucking loved it when he scored at TFS against you, kissing the badge, shushing the home crowd etc. Love that shit!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002wvy Not available it seems, but I might have a link for the first episode, there were 2, Higginbotham was in the second I think. I'll have a hunt. Worth a watch anyway.

P.S. My link to the first episode on Vimeo is dead now, might be available somewhere else by now.

Edited by welshbairn

You can't fault Higginbothams effort, he approaches games with an almost maniacal energy about him and he's very vocal. I can't remember any instances where he's gone missing and hasn't been involved in a game. He'll be an important player this season, especially with losing Easton. 

I heard next Saturdays opposing manager Dick Campbell banging on about Arbroath being the best part time club in the country after the United game. He might be right, but it'll be interesting to see how well Kelty compete. 

5 hours ago, KH4 said:

You can't fault Higginbothams effort, he approaches games with an almost maniacal energy about him and he's very vocal. I can't remember any instances where he's gone missing and hasn't been involved in a game. He'll be an important player this season, especially with losing Easton. 

I heard next Saturdays opposing manager Dick Campbell banging on about Arbroath being the best part time club in the country after the United game. He might be right, but it'll be interesting to see how well Kelty compete. 

In terms of standings he’s right with them being the last team left in the Championship.

it will be a good gauge of where you are should be an interesting game.

Should be a good game, looking forward to seeing Kelty.

18 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Another top performance tonight guys. Impressive start.

Poor goal to lose early but we were clearly the better team over the 90. They did have a few chances though & we'll need to tighten up a the back. Austins first was a cracker.

Probably a fair result today over the 90. We were good in the first half but Arbroath were all over us in the 2nd at points. A strong showing overall in the group and happy with how we have competed.

Onto the real business next weekend! Bring them on! 

Enjoyed your highlights very unbiased although missed the big chance for us at the end. Good fast upload and good quality. Arbroath TV is usually class hope anyone watching got their money’s worth, highlights just off of there and worth a watch too if you were at the game. Have a better view of the Higginbotham goal off the gantry than the main stand it’ll have been right behind it. Enjoy your first season in the division, the bottom half is dross I imagine you’ll win most weeks. Few teams should be up there though but if I had to put money on it would edge towards you. Pretty strong midfield and Austin should get goals. DJ is a good keeper was bit gutted to see us let him go. Back 4 could use a lot of work though. Don’t rate Forster at all, man bun bullied too easy, left back looked decent enough a lot of pace and number 2, burst out laughing watching the highlights there for him on the second quick free kick goal. Miles off it

Edited by 1320Lichtie

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Enjoyed your highlights very unbiased although missed the big chance for us at the end. Good fast upload and good quality. Arbroath TV is usually class hope anyone watching got their money’s worth, highlights just off of there and worth a watch too if you were at the game. Have a better view of the Higginbotham goal off the gantry than the main stand it’ll have been right behind it. Enjoy your first season in the division, the bottom half is dross I imagine you’ll win most weeks. Few teams should be up there though but if I had to put money on it would edge towards you. Pretty strong midfield and Austin should get goals. DJ is a good keeper was bit gutted to see us let him go. Back 4 could use a lot of work though. Don’t rate Forster at all, man bun bullied too easy, left back looked decent enough a lot of pace and number 2, burst out laughing watching the highlights there for him on the second quick free kick goal. Miles off it

Man Bun (Mcnab) is actually a centre mid which confirms your point on work needed on the back 4! Andy Black at RB doesn't work for me either. Hooper will play there when available and Philp should be the backup. We are pretty good on the highlights and streaming front. Was impressed with yours too.

8 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Man Bun (Mcnab) is actually a centre mid which confirms your point on work needed on the back 4! Andy Black at RB doesn't work for me either. Hooper will play there when available and Philp should be the backup. We are pretty good on the highlights and streaming front. Was impressed with yours too.

Thought the game turned on Arbroath's first goal. Their heads were down a bit when they lost the second goal, but not only did their first goal bring them back into the game, it also gave them a massive boost and their tails were up for most of the rest of the match. Thought their penalty was a bit soft, and Kelty should have had one when Nathan Austin was brought down from the back towards the end. I was in line with the tackle and it looked a stonewaller. Having said all of that Arbroath deserved to win, but overall Kelty competed well in their section, and I look forward to the league campaign starting next week 

3 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Thought the game turned on Arbroath's first goal. Their heads were down a bit when they lost the second goal, but not only did their first goal bring them back into the game, it also gave them a massive boost and their tails were up for most of the rest of the match. Thought their penalty was a bit soft, and Kelty should have had one when Nathan Austin was brought down from the back towards the end. I was in line with the tackle and it looked a stonewaller. Having said all of that Arbroath deserved to win, but overall Kelty competed well in their section, and I look forward to the league campaign starting next week 

Watch the highlights back, there’s a slowed down version of the penalty claim. Looks pretty clear to me that Stewart got his toe to it after watching 

I was massively disappointed with how things turned out yesterday due to the fact we were two goals up, and because of the nature of some of the goals we lost, but overall its fair to say the better team won. 

Blacks "assist" for Arbroath first goal was poor, and I agree with KT when he said we weren't streetwise enough, that much is clear from the quick free kick. Arbroath dominated for large periods though and at halftime you could see it coming. The balance had swung in Arbroath favour after their first and we weren't going to withstand their attacking play for long. I'm not sure if Kelty lost a step after Arbroaths first or whether Arbroath switched on, possibly a bit of both. That spell in the second half when Kelty didn't trouble the Arbroath box tells me it was on balance a fair result, despite a couple of refereeing interventions that didn't go our way. 

I think the squad looks mostly set but I'm very keen to see some additions at the back before we finalise business. I didn't enjoy Black's performance at RB, and across the back I fear we've regressed a bit from last season. Aside from that, I'm happy with the squad but would like to see Biabi and Alfredo get some proper minutes in to get them settled. 

41 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've got Kelty down for winning the title.

I think they will do it by some distance.

Unless they go bust first.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19465668.kelty-hearts-ex-dunfermline-man-andrew-barrowman-takes-role/

Kelty Hearts: Ex-Dunfermline man Andrew Barrowman takes role

Barrowman, who enjoyed two spells with Dunfermline during his playing career, had been working for Spanish sportswear manufacturer Joma - who currently produce kit for both Athletic and Kelty - as their senior brand manager in Scotland for the last four years.

However, he has given up that role to take up a position at ambitious League Two newcomers Kelty, which will see him work with manager Kevin Thomson on player and staff recruitment, as well as supporting him and his players with matchday preparations.

He is also being tasked with creating and implementing "a philosophy across the club that can be fed from the top down to the Community Club", so that they are "all adopting the same plan, giving us the best chance alongside the facilities and platform we can provide for the best local young players to produce our own talent".

His role is unpaid, he is a volunteer. This isn’t his career job, I believe he has something lined up on that front.

I was massively disappointed with how things turned out yesterday due to the fact we were two goals up, and because of the nature of some of the goals we lost, but overall its fair to say the better team won. 
Blacks "assist" for Arbroath first goal was poor, and I agree with KT when he said we weren't streetwise enough, that much is clear from the quick free kick. Arbroath dominated for large periods though and at halftime you could see it coming. The balance had swung in Arbroath favour after their first and we weren't going to withstand their attacking play for long. I'm not sure if Kelty lost a step after Arbroaths first or whether Arbroath switched on, possibly a bit of both. That spell in the second half when Kelty didn't trouble the Arbroath box tells me it was on balance a fair result, despite a couple of refereeing interventions that didn't go our way. 
I think the squad looks mostly set but I'm very keen to see some additions at the back before we finalise business. I didn't enjoy Black's performance at RB, and across the back I fear we've regressed a bit from last season. Aside from that, I'm happy with the squad but would like to see Biabi and Alfredo get some proper minutes in to get them settled. 

Agree with all of that. Thought we were probably lucky to go in ahead at HT after a very even first 30 mins. Arbroath certainly went up a level after going 2-0 down.

I think it possibly showed yesterday with 2 midfielders in defence. McNab was excellent v Dundee Utd and E Fife but had an uncomfortable afternoon yesterday.

Decent shout for a pen for Austin but also, from roar from Arbroath end, for one when McNab tangled in the box and possibly handled.

There was enough missed chances and blocks from Arbroaths attacks to say they were deserving of the win, no doubt.

All in, have attributed ourselves well v some higher league sides. Real fun and games starts this Saturday!

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Watch the highlights back, there’s a slowed down version of the penalty claim. Looks pretty clear to me that Stewart got his toe to it after watching 

Different incident. Austin through on the goalie, Arbroath defender went through him from the back.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah that’s the one I mean. Stewart got his toe to it first? 

The one I'm talking about isn't showing in the highlights. At the end of the day it's irrelevant as it wasn't given plus Arbroath were more than worthy winners. Hope you have a good season in the Championship. I think Kelty will do okay in League 2, some say they will stroll the league but I tend not to believe that, mid-table or maybe a play-off place at a push seems the most likely outcome imho.