Kelty Hearts Thread

Still feel the gaffer will look to strengthen at the back.  Hooper back as well as Forster means we are strong overall in the first 11 but more cover at full back and centre half is a likely outcome in the next week.  McNab was excellent but I'm not sure he'll stick around with lack of game time too long.

I wondered IF there were any / what are the latest, plans on ground expansion with Kelty being a league club now?

The stand on the primary school side only goes half the length of the pitch. Could that be extended to run the full length of the pitch for example?

2 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I wondered IF there were any / what are the latest, plans on ground expansion with Kelty being a league club now?

The stand on the primary school side only goes half the length of the pitch. Could that be extended to run the full length of the pitch for example?

The ground is owned by Fife Council and Kelty don’t have exclusive rights but Kevin Thomson in his interview when appointed said a factor was the plans to have two stadiums side by side.

They have Alex Rowley who seems to be able to direct Fife Council to do what he wants so will be an interesting watch by other Fife Clubs to see if preferential treatment is dished out.

The ground is owned by Fife Council and Kelty don’t have exclusive rights but Kevin Thomson in his interview when appointed said a factor was the plans to have two stadiums side by side.
They have Alex Rowley who seems to be able to direct Fife Council to do what he wants so will be an interesting watch by other Fife Clubs to see if preferential treatment is dished out.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, Tenkay said:

The way the stand is build I imagine it would be easy to extend it.

I'm looking at ticket options on the fanbase app, but not being familiar with the  ground they don't mean much to me.

My question really is are you not allowed in the wee seated stand?

All ticket options seem to be for standing only.

14 hours ago, Tenkay said:

I'm looking at ticket options on the fanbase app, but not being familiar with the  ground they don't mean much to me.

My question really is are you not allowed in the wee seated stand?

All ticket options seem to be for standing only.

I believe the lack of availability in the seated stand is due to the number of officials, press and media for the premier sports cup matches and with distancing in place it means no room for punters. Hopefully thing will be back to something more like normal from the first league game

On 17/07/2021 at 09:44, pipedreamer said:

I believe the lack of availability in the seated stand is due to the number of officials, press and media for the premier sports cup matches and with distancing in place it means no room for punters. Hopefully thing will be back to something more like normal from the first league game

Thanks for answering mate!  👍

I hope Kelty have plans to upgrade their ground a bit with extra seated stands if they want to progress up through the leagues?

That ground is decent for the juniors,  but not good enough for a league team.

Edited by Tenkay

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

Thanks for answering mate!  👍

I hope Kelty have plans to upgrade their ground a bit with extra seated stands if they won't to progress thru the leagues?

That ground is decent for the juniors but not good enough for a league team.

I'm pretty sure there's a plan to build a new stand between the two bits of covered terracing opposite the school side.

That was an excellent result today, with some encouraging performances. Alfredo lacked a wee bit of composure with his first few touches of the ball when he first came on but he quickly found his feet and he took his goal exceptionally well. Forster was well involved in the game as well, it was good to see players coming off the bench and having an impact. A few possible picks for MOTM for me with Higginbotham just edging it. Maybe a couple of additions at the back and we'll be there or thereabouts. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Absolutely loved Higginbotham with us, terrific player on his day.

Same at Falkirk, with his daftness sometimes causing more problems than his creativity, but on his day... Glad he's still playing, had a bit of the Gazza about him on the field, know nothing about him off it. There's a documentary about his time in India that's worth a watch, hardly got to play because of the trouble in Kashmir.