Kelty Hearts Thread

5 hours ago, Pete83 said:

Any decent boozers around the ground in Kelty for a pint when we visit next season?

Not much pubs left there now.

One pub at the cross formerly known as No 1 been done up and is now called The Kings.

The club has a social club at the ground but I imagine that would get used for hospitality.

There’s also the Ex Servicemen’s Club just up from the cross.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Any decent boozers around the ground in Kelty for a pint when we visit next season?

Really friendly bunch in the pubs there. Last time I visited I was told to get out or there would be trouble. So nice of them to warn me.

3 hours ago, onecowden said:

Really friendly bunch in the pubs there. Last time I visited I was told to get out or there would be trouble. So nice of them to warn me.

Get that in a lot of wee places when a stranger walks in, you can hear a pin drop.

Remember years ago I was at the club with a mate of mine.

We went into the pub next door Smiths (long knocked down) and you could feel the daggers as soon as we went through the door.

Luckily my mate knew a few folk in there from his work and we were ok.

With the lack of choice it wouldn’t be the worst idea for fans to stop off in Cowden for a pint.

43 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

With the lack of choice it wouldn’t be the worst idea for fans to stop off in Cowden for a pint.

at least partners doesnt have its sticky carpet anymore and has just restocked the toilets with bog roll for the first time in many years 😂

More likely to get big hugs nowadays as Keltys  all cosmopolitan n that likesy 

Great to be in this league now buzzing for start of the season , hopefully we do ourselves justice would take second n go up in the playoffs 😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

I had to go into a rough looking pub in the village to collect my ticket for a testimonial match, and yes it did go a bit quiet and I was aware of them all watching me, they then starting cracking jokes and having a laugh with me, so they can't all be bad.

Edited by Robert Forbes

2 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

at least partners doesnt have its sticky carpet anymore and has just restocked the toilets with bog roll for the first time in many years 😂

Wouldn’t know never been in there for years.

Had heard the downstairs has been done up.

Anyway I was more leaning to there would be more choices for away fans in Cowden.

Imagine the Kings would be a bit busy on a match day.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

More likely to get big hugs nowadays as Keltys  all cosmopolitan n that likesy 

Great to be in this league now buzzing for start of the season , hopefully we do ourselves justice would take second n go up in the playoffs 😂😂😂😂

It was about 30 years ago.

Club used to be busy on a Friday night back in the day.

Was never in any of the other places.

I suppose it will be more cosmopolitan with all the folk from different places moving into the new houses.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Few faces not yet announced/on trial at training yesterday. Looked like Davidson from Raith but didn't recognise the other two.

I thought the same when I seen the pics.

You could do a lot worse than offer Davo a contract. Ignore the haters - they have short memories. His composure on the ball, positional sense and distribution are all still strong. Maybe stronger than his self control (occasional red mists still descend), but add his years of experience and I'm sure he'd do a great job for you.

8 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You could do a lot worse than offer Davo a contract. Ignore the haters - they have short memories. His composure on the ball, positional sense and distribution are all still strong. Maybe stronger than his self control (occasional red mists still descend), but add his years of experience and I'm sure he'd do a great job for you.

He's always been solid through his whole career. Hoping we take a punt tbh!