League Cup 2021/22 Group B

Dundee United

Arbroath

East Fife

Elgin City

Kelty Hearts

A group that should be straight forward on paper for United even with a new unexperienced manager now in charge.

To fail to get out this group would be very highly embarrassing and a disastrous start for Tam Courts reign in charge.

The big thing that concerns me in saying that is Uniteds habit of making it difficult for themselves against these part time sides however, something that Courts can change I hope.

The fixtures for group B

I remember only too well the disasters at home in the last group games against Arbroath and East Fife.

Seem to recall being lucky to draw against Arbroath only to lose on penalties and the less said about East Fife the better.

20210601_160602.jpg

Edited by CaspianChris

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If away fans aren’t allowed in on July 10th does anyone know if Elgin will be streaming the game?  

They're planning to do Luncarty away on Saturday and all their other friendlies. Pretty certain they'll be streaming the League Cup. No reason not to... unless Premier have some small print clause in their sponsorship contract that nobody's spotted yet🙄.

• 3 weeks later...

A draw was a fair result, but it's goals that count. Hoban was excellent in goals for City and deserved his MotM. It bodes well that we have two great keepers. All round good performance  from Elgin, vastly different from last week against Ross County.

14 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Our coverage was generally one of the better streams last season.  Not sure what went wrong yesterday.

Did get better in the second half, got dizzy in the first half, every time the ball went to the far touchline instead of the camera zooming in closer, it did the opposite

5 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Whats the story with away fans getting in at UTD on Saturday 17th? 

I believe it’s home fans only. Season ticket holders who won in a ballot given first chance to buy tickets