The lower league education thread - Topic 1 - Major Trophies

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Let's be honest, over 120 years of football with three major trophies available per season, the difference between winning five and winning none is negligible. But whatever gets you excited.

Any excuse for not winning any national trophy ever. Think about that...ever. And you never will either.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Queens Park: 10 Scottish Cups, FA Cup Finalists twice, older than Killie

East Fife: 2 League Cups, 1 Scottish Cup

Dumbarton: 1 Scottish Cup, 2 League titles.

Clyde: 3 Scottish Cups

Edinburgh City: We've won the King Cup, East of Scotland League and Lowland League and Killie haven't :P

Steady, they haven't fallen straight through to League One, you know.

Yet.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Hi I’m Dinde…….eh sorry Sortmeout. You may remember me (or my previous account) from such great threads like #TB4, The 50 greatest computer games of all time and Monopoly Xbox edition.

For me and the majority of other Kilmarnock fans we’ve never had the embarrassment of seeing our team play football at this disgusting level so I’m keen to educate both myself and other like minded Kilmarnock fans as to the other teams we will now be associated with.

So the first thing I want to know is how many major trophies have your club won. A major trophy (for those with no experience) is either the Scottish league championship, the Scottish Cup or the Scottish League Cup. It does not include, as I’ve seen our resident Morten junkie looking virgin suggest in the past, lower league titles like Division 2, League One etc.

So I’ll start with Kilmarnock:

Scottish League Titles : 1

Scottish League Cup: 1

Scottish Cup: 3

Total: 5

Maybe an Ayr fan could go next?

Maybe you could GTF and have a wash 

Let's be honest, over 120 years of football with three major trophies available per season, the difference between winning five and winning none is negligible. But whatever gets you excited.

We’ve got our whole one major honour which I think means instead of a trophy room or Cabinet we probably just have a shelf.

5 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

So the first thing I want to know is how many major trophies have your club won. A major trophy (for those with no experience) is either the Scottish league championship, the Scottish Cup or the Scottish League Cup.

How does Scottish Football League Champions in perpetuity sound?

Throw in a Scottish Cup, a Scottish League Cup and, for a bit of fun, add in Tennents’ Sixes Champions in perpetuity.

56 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Have you still got your half Rangers half ayr scarf? 

The irony of a Kilmarnock fan discussing associations with Rangers. 

A club who has regularly employed numerous bigots over the last few seasons, including Lafferty in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation. A club who’s fan base continue to sign a song solely associated with Rangers. 

28 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Should we not be discussing something important like, how overated the killie pie is?

Surely it can’t be as overrated as the East End Bridie.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The irony of a Kilmarnock fan discussing associations with Rangers. 

A club who has regularly employed numerous bigots over the last few seasons, including Lafferty in a desperate attempt to avoid relegation. A club who’s fan base continue to sign a song solely associated with Rangers. 

It just shows you how behind the times the wee Ayr fans are. Rangers absolutely hate us and unlike you we would never lower ourselves to ha have a half Rangers scarf - you did.

I think you’ll have to out the numerous bigots  we have employed - go on name the bigots then???

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Should we not be discussing something important like, how overated the killie pie is?

It’s alright as far as a football pie goes but not worth it’s reputation. Far too much salt, last time I had one I needed about a gallon of water afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Only had it once and it was a bitter disappointment. Far too large a pastry to filling ratio and there wasn’t much flavour in the filling that was there. I don’t know if it was just a bad batch but I was expecting quality and was met with bland stodge instead.

I do enjoy when a shite topic descends into food chat.

Only had it once and it was a bitter disappointment. Far too large a pastry to filling ratio and there wasn’t much flavour in the filling that was there. I don’t know if it was just a bad batch but I was expecting quality and was met with bland stodge instead.
I do enjoy when a shite topic descends into food chat.
I love a Stephens bridie but they have gotten consistently worse for a few years now and the fare on offer at East end has never been as good as buying from a shop.

11 hours ago, NFL12 said:

It just shows you how behind the times the wee Ayr fans are. Rangers absolutely hate us and unlike you we would never lower ourselves to ha have a half Rangers scarf - you did.

I think you’ll have to out the numerous bigots  we have employed - go on name the bigots then???

They hate everyone.

Probably a good time to remind you that when other clubs voted to punt the original Rangers out the SPL, your club abstained. 

Edited by RedEd

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Queens Park: 10 Scottish Cups, FA Cup Finalists twice, older than Killie

East Fife: 2 League Cups, 1 Scottish Cup

Dumbarton: 1 Scottish Cup, 2 League titles.

Clyde: 3 Scottish Cups

Edinburgh City: We've won the King Cup, East of Scotland League and Lowland League and Killie haven't :P

*East Fife: 3 League Cups, 1 Scottish Cup

How fucking dare you!

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

*East Fife: 3 League Cups, 1 Scottish Cup

How fucking dare you!

I apologise, and my old man coming from East Wemyss and all.

I will write out "Charlie Fleming was the greatest Scottish player ever" 1000 times as a penance..

f**k me,they ran up £13 million worth of debt  ,got the banks to write it off,were the last team in Scotland to get a football grant to help build their stadium! Aye mate you are a huge club.All that begging and stealing for years and they have one league title. Super Ayr on the other hand have won 9 league titles,yes NINE. You may not like it but it is down in the Scottish Football Association records,and bye the way,we managed it by spending our OWN money not begging someone else's.

9 hours ago, NFL12 said:

You just host sash bashes for them right 😃