Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Finished 5-1 to Gala. Was wondering what was going on and then found out it was just the EoS Qualifying Cup. Guess they've had some changes to their usual line up.

Aye I think Bonnyrigg must not be too bothered with the wee Diddy cups. A whole 2 changes from the celtic B game starting 11. 🙄

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Aye I think Bonnyrigg must not be too bothered with the wee Diddy cups. A whole 2 changes from the celtic B game starting 11. 🙄

Be interesting to hear from a Bonnyrigg fan whether they thought their starting 11 burst a gut trying or looked remotely interested tonight?

Edited by 8MileBU

Be interesting to hear from a Bonnyrigg fan whether they thought their starting 11 burst a gut trying or looked remotely interested tonight?
Gala started better and killed the game early on, a sending off before half time meant a miracle would be needed second half. We just weren't good enough first half, better in the second half but the game was gone by then.

Disappointing to lose as you want to win every game and every tournament but we have to look at the bigger picture, we are within touching distance of the league title. That's the one we all want and if offered the choice I'd quite happily take that over further progression in any of the cups.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Well Gimme has beaten me to the match resume. Lost in the cup, lost 5goals, a red card, and missed a penalty, all went wrong in the game. Rest assured we will be very interested on Saturday (weather permitting) Will Bo’ness be up for the battle or have they given up for this season?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

P.S. Wonder who Dolly will be supporting on Saturday!!!

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well Gimme has beaten me to the match resume. Lost in the cup, lost 5goals, a red card, and missed a penalty, all went wrong in the game. Rest assured we will be very interested on Saturday (weather permitting) Will Bo’ness be up for the battle or have they given up for this season?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

P.S. Wonder who Dolly will be supporting on Saturday!!!

I don’t think you’ll find many Bo’ness fans brimming with confidence at the moment. Depends what Bo’ness and players turn up I suppose.

So after a few weeks we return to NDP for our 3rd last home League game of the season. The winning post continues to get nearer and I’m sure Robbie will have them fired up after the bad result and performance midweek. Our opponents will be delighted that their historic tormentor in chief will be unavailable for today, especially in the conditions which will prevail.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well that was a welcome back to NDP yesterday. Well done to the sand squad for their efforts to get the game on. Conditions were heavy of course and it took a long time to wear Bo’ness down. I had a feeling that if we got 1 goal we would get others. Lee Currie needs to go back to penalty taking school. The Rose kept going and very quickly were awarded another penalty emphatically dispatched by Neilly. The second and third goals put a bit more gloss on the final score and another massive 3pts. Bo’ness have sure been very generous with the penalties they have give up against us.

A big week  coming up, hope the weather stays calm so the game can go ahead on Tuesday and we can roll on to Peffermill on Saturday for another big game. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So the shortest journey for an away game in the LL for us today.  Pondering whether to take the car or the No 31 bus and have a walk. The Rose are getting nearer to the winning post so should be a good following of Rose fans at Peffermill today and personally hope the Uni club get good gate receipts.  I certainly won’t grudge them a penny. For me a bit of reward for being one of the good boys of the League with being 1 of the “5” who made the correct decision before the start of the season. Nonetheless expect the Rose to collect the 3pts come 4.45pm this afternoon.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well I had a day out yesterday and chose to take the No. 31 bus to the match. It certainly was a brisk walk to and from Cameron Toll. It was even windier the the large expanse of East Peffermill. The wind spoiled the quality of game and we should have gone in a half time in the lead. It was a mighty relief from me and all the Rose fans when Scotty was able to hit the back of the net with a good strike. It was an even bigger relief when Bradley hammered home the 2nd. So another massive 3pts in our quest.

I will now look forward excitably to the match on Tuesday night .

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Thought it was a comfortable victory, whilst the opposition did not offer too much of a threat last night. The Rose went about their business in a professional manner. The early goal helped the cause, then it was great to see Sean Brown s ore his first goal for the Rose. A scoring blitz at the start of the second half finished the game and even the luxury of Sean Brown skying his penalty for his hat trick.. The players kept the lid on any celebration at the end and that will come in a forthcoming League match. I also thought the pitch was in great nick and compliments to those concerned for that.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹