Jump to content

Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22


bravehearts dad
 Share

Recommended Posts

Enjoyed my trip to the Highlands yesterday. Thought it was a tidy set up at Mosset Park and an excellent playing surface. The Rose played well and controlled the first half and should have had the game won by half time. The one goal lead gave Forres some hope in the second half with The Rose continuing to miss chances. Hunter and Evans came on to keep the Forres defence occupied, it was unbelievable the Hunter twice put the ball past their goalie to be cleared off the line but got his reward 2 minutes from the end to seal the deal.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Enjoyed my trip to the Highlands yesterday. Thought it was a tidy set up at Mosset Park and an excellent playing surface. The Rose played well and controlled the first half and should have had the game won by half time. The one goal lead gave Forres some hope in the second half with The Rose continuing to miss chances. Hunter and Evans came on to keep the Forres defence occupied, it was unbelievable the Hunter twice put the ball past their goalie to be cleared off the line but got his reward 2 minutes from the end to seal the deal.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Great stuff @bravehearts dad looking forward to the draw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Another big game today against arguably the surprise package team of the season. (Personally I am delighted for Dalbeattie). In to the time of year season change, along with weather and ground conditions. Expect Robbie will have a full squad at his disposal. A continuation of last weeks performance and result will be excellent.

The Lowland League website don’t help promoting the game or the League as they have kick off time as 3.00pm

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2021 at 10:33, bravehearts dad said:

Another big game today against arguably the surprise package team of the season. (Personally I am delighted for Dalbeattie). In to the time of year season change, along with weather and ground conditions. Expect Robbie will have a full squad at his disposal. A continuation of last weeks performance and result will be excellent.

The Lowland League website don’t help promoting the game or the League as they have kick off time as 3.00pm

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

It was a poor game, arguably the worst spectacle of this groundhop weekend.

Bonnyrigg has become one dimensional both in their team selection and style of play. They try to bully and bludgeon the opposition with their big defenders and forwards.  There is a lack of pace and energy about the side.  They only played well for the 10/15 mins between Dalbeattie's equaliser and Kerr Young's goal.  The final 15 minutes were spent defending their lead, which they could easily have lost.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Casey Jones said:
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It was a poor game, arguably the worst spectacle of this groundhop weekend.

Bonnyrigg has become one dimensional both in their team selection and style of play. They try to bully and bludgeon the opposition with their big defenders and forwards.  There is a lack of pace and energy about the side.  They only played well for the 10/15 mins between Dalbeattie's equaliser and Kerr Young's goal.  The final 15 minutes were spent defending their lead, which they could easily have lost.   

Not sure I agree with your last point. Apart from the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half, I don’t think that Bonnyrigg were troubled that much by Dalbeattie. 

Bonnyrigg top of the league, but on that performance you would wonder why. Was a dour win but Bonnyrigg deserved the points. Doesn’t seem to be that many new players sine I last saw Bonnyrigg play a competitive match a couple of seasons ago. Certainly got a lot of good players but it was a wee bit like going through the motions against Dalbeattie. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/10/2021 at 14:35, Footballfirst said:

It was a poor game, arguably the worst spectacle of this groundhop weekend.

Bonnyrigg has become one dimensional both in their team selection and style of play. They try to bully and bludgeon the opposition with their big defenders and forwards.  There is a lack of pace and energy about the side.  They only played well for the 10/15 mins between Dalbeattie's equaliser and Kerr Young's goal.  The final 15 minutes were spent defending their lead, which they could easily have lost.   

Spoke to one of the Bonnyrigg boys today and he was saying that they just weren’t firing on Saturday. How many times do you ever really say that though another 3 points on the pokey.

10 goals at Dalkeith but 2 poor sides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/10/2021 at 23:19, Casey Jones said:

Not sure I agree with your last point. Apart from the 1st 10 minutes of the 2nd half, I don’t think that Bonnyrigg were troubled that much by Dalbeattie. 

Bonnyrigg top of the league, but on that performance you would wonder why. Was a dour win but Bonnyrigg deserved the points. Doesn’t seem to be that many new players sine I last saw Bonnyrigg play a competitive match a couple of seasons ago. Certainly got a lot of good players but it was a wee bit like going through the motions against Dalbeattie. 

 

Don’t really think there is a need for a huge turnover of players when you are one of the top sides and they do drip feed players into the squad as you and I know Evans and Connolly from our teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Slabs said:

Don’t really think there is a need for a huge turnover of players when you are one of the top sides and they do drip feed players into the squad as you and I know Evans and Connolly from our teams 

I totally agree Slabs. I was just saying that in broad terms it looked the same team as when I last saw them and as Bonnyrigg are top of the league, no doubting at moment they are doing the best for the club. I don't think they did play that well, as other Bonnyrigg fans have suggested themselves since Saturday, but as said previously I dont think they were troubled by Dalbeattie apart from 10 mins in second half.

I would have loved to have seen the 2019-20 season come to a conclusion with all matches played as I think Bonnyrigg had every chance to overhall Kelty. I am also like to see personnel remain at the club. The fact that so many players come and go at Kelty, (as a 'community club') does not sit well with me  but I may well be at a minority there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2021 at 13:04, Casey Jones said:

I totally agree Slabs. I was just saying that in broad terms it looked the same team as when I last saw them and as Bonnyrigg are top of the league, no doubting at moment they are doing the best for the club. I don't think they did play that well, as other Bonnyrigg fans have suggested themselves since Saturday, but as said previously I dont think they were troubled by Dalbeattie apart from 10 mins in second half.

I would have loved to have seen the 2019-20 season come to a conclusion with all matches played as I think Bonnyrigg had every chance to overhall Kelty. I am also like to see personnel remain at the club. The fact that so many players come and go at Kelty, (as a 'community club') does not sit well with me  but I may well be at a minority there.

Rent free. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KeltyDaft said:

Rent free. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rent free or not, we will never know so p1ss off pr1ck 👍

Also, don’t support Bonnyrigg so who got promoted had no effect on me or my rent; purely my opinion. Try and get a new sound bite next time or even one of your own. Bye bye now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Rent free or not, we will never know so p1ss off pr1ck 👍

Also, don’t support Bonnyrigg so who got promoted had no effect on me or my rent; purely my opinion. Try and get a new sound bite next time or even one of your own. Bye bye now. 

Hit a nerve did I? 
 

anger issues wee man, want to talk about it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

If you are going to talk about it please take it to the appropriate thread, and don’t contaminate this one. Bye.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Sorry, sidetracked, was looking to see info about today’s game, going to take it in since we have a free week and see how Bonnyrigg will fair in L2 providing they finish first 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, KeltyDaft said:

Sorry, sidetracked, was looking to see info about today’s game, going to take it in since we have a free week and see how Bonnyrigg will fair in L2 providing they finish first 

Yes the top 2 REAL CLUBS (albeit Spartans voted for the dreadful 2 entry into the League) in the LL meet at Ainslie Park today at 2.00pm. Arguably the best game in Scotland today. I don’t expect we’ll see as many goals as we did midweek. 
 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Yes the top 2 REAL CLUBS (albeit Spartans voted for the dreadful 2 entry into the League) in the LL meet at Ainslie Park today at 2.00pm. Arguably the best game in Scotland today. I don’t expect we’ll see as many goals as we did midweek. 
 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Best game in Scotland.

Theres a massive international match taking place today. 

It's a shocker that games are even being played this afternoon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...