Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

So after 3 seasons in the LL we finally reach the last game of a completed season of fixtures. I have an opinion that when the fixtures were released away last summer that the LL and many others would have thought this would have been the League decider. But that has not been the case as The Rose won the League at Berwick on the 12th March. Thankfully we have carried on the momentum since and would expect a tough battle today.

EK will expect a good gate (aye right) with their 20 fans and all the neutrals since the OF are playing tomorrow and the increased profile (not) their Colts have given the League The usual Rose faithful will be there.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

According to a post on Fitba North "there is no real appetite at Bonnyrigg to win the play off".

"I was speaking to someone from Bonnyrigg earlier this week and he intimated that there was no real appetite for them to go up / can't compete with the wages some of the HFL teams pay."

Any truth in this? 

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

According to a post on Fitba North "there is no real appetite at Bonnyrigg to win the play off".

"I was speaking to someone from Bonnyrigg earlier this week and he intimated that there was no real appetite for them to go up / can't compete with the wages some of the HFL teams pay."

Any truth in this? 

Well if you tell us who the someone is ,we might be able to tell you something different.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Edited by bravehearts dad
New details

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Seemed a fairly balanced game both keepers making brilliant saves.  Lucky to get the win tbqfhwy 😉

I thought it was a fairly balanced game also and looked like a 0-0 or 1-0. The 2 early Rose substitutions upset our rhythm a bit, but nonetheless Big Sean took his goal well, he sure has scored some valuable goals in his time with The Rose. When you look at the final League table we have won it comfortably. Well done The Rose. Look forward to more excitement in the next few weeks, starting with a packed out NDP next Saturday. 
C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

16 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well if you tell us who the someone is ,we might be able to tell you something different.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I have no idea who the "someone" is as I wasn't the person talking to him.

So it's not true, then?

It's a fairly simple question.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I have no idea who the "someone" is as I wasn't the person talking to him.

So it's not true, then?

It's a fairly simple question.

For me if you read the North Pyramid thread it is Buckie who are not interested in promotion. So go and tell your informant to lay off the “Buckie”

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

Any truth in this? 
It's the same rubbish you hear down here that the Highland League clubs have no interest in being promoted and are quite happy in their own wee world.

Just now, bravehearts dad said:

For me if you read the North Pyramid thread it is Buckie who are not interested in promotion. So go and tell your informant to lay off the “Buckie”

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

The post I quoted from was in the Fraserburgh Champions thread. Whether Buckie want promotion or not is irrelevant now, as they won't be in the play off.

1 minute ago, Gimme said:
32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Any truth in this? 

It's the same rubbish you hear down here that the Highland League clubs have no interest in being promoted and are quite happy in their own wee world.

Aye, I thought it would be something like that - the usual "I heard..." story. But I thought I would ask, anyway.

Can't see the relevance of HL wages either, would HL clubs be competing for players down that neck of the woods?

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The post I quoted from was in the Fraserburgh Champions thread. Whether Buckie want promotion or not is irrelevant now, as they won't be in the play off.

Well now that you are showing an interest you better get your ticket for the first leg of the play off next Saturday, and I would expect the 2nd leg at Fraserburgh to be all ticket also. Then you can make up your own mind from the performances on the pitch of what promotion means to the clubs involved. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

5 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹

He's not "my informant", he's a long established poster on Fitba' North, lives in the Central Belt

3 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well now that you are showing an interest you better get your ticket for the first leg of the play off next Saturday, and I would expect the 2nd leg at Fraserburgh to be all ticket also. Then you can make up your own mind from the performances on the pitch of what promotion means to the clubs involved. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I've always taken an interest in the play offs to the SPFL since they were established, nothing to do with Bonnyrigg in particular. Health and finances would preclude me attending either leg of the Rose/Broch play off.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Any truth in this? 

4 figure crowds every 2nd week and a decent away following theyd be an asset to the SPFL. Not sure what HFL wages are but with crowds like that and a dedicated team behind the scenes Bonnyrigg will easily pay there way whatever league they are in. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

4 figure crowds every 2nd week and a decent away following theyd be an asset to the SPFL. Not sure what HFL wages are but with crowds like that and a dedicated team behind the scenes Bonnyrigg will easily pay there way whatever league they are in. 

Thanks for a sensible answer, that's all I was looking for.

We're going to have to put up with this every year, eh? Team don't want the massive increase in income that promotion to the SPFL would offer because they might have to spend a small portion of that extra money on buses or extra bonuses.

5 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I thought it was a fairly balanced game also and looked like a 0-0 or 1-0. The 2 early Rose substitutions upset our rhythm a bit, but nonetheless Big Sean took his goal well, he sure has scored some valuable goals in his time with The Rose. When you look at the final League table we have won it comfortably. Well done The Rose. Look forward to more excitement in the next few weeks, starting with a packed out NDP next Saturday. 
C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Definitely, congratulations and good luck with the play off 👍🏻