Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

The long-term answer is something along the lines of Club 42 going down automatically, to be replaced by the winner of the HL v LL play-off, with the loser of that play-off entering into a play-off competition with Club 41, and either a reasonably simple second place in LL/HL for a four-way play-off or my personal preference some sort of radge 8 team affair (Club 41, promotion play-off losers, 2nd-4th in each league).

However until such stage as the Lowland League relegate more than one team (a three way play-off for that one spot, of course), don’t have colt teams and we start to see the made-up clubs and uni teams filtering out I’m not sure it’s wise. The LL as a 16 team league should have a lot more going on than one up, one down.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

The long-term answer is something along the lines of Club 42 going down automatically, to be replaced by the winner of the HL v LL play-off, with the loser of that play-off entering into a play-off competition with Club 41, and either a reasonably simple second place in LL/HL for a four-way play-off or my personal preference some sort of radge 8 team affair (Club 41, promotion play-off losers, 2nd-4th in each league).

However until such stage as the Lowland League relegate more than one team (a three way play-off for that one spot, of course), don’t have colt teams and we start to see the made-up clubs and uni teams filtering out I’m not sure it’s wise. The LL as a 16 team league should have a lot more going on than one up, one down.

I see where you are coming from with playoff for club 41 however if it is against the loser of the HL/LL Playoff that is again rewarding failure with a 2nd chance.

Another thread that has gone way off topic. 

How many is that now that have completely derailed the actual thread title? 

The last few pages on here are just repeats of the same pish that's been said on multiple occasions elsewhere on other threads. 

The pyramid is certainly worth a debate but no really on a Bonnyrigg Rose page.

16 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Not sure what proverbial stones I’m throwing. Cowden were an absolute gang last season and deserved to go down. No sob story here - bring it on.

FWIW, I’d support team 42 automatically relegated and team 41 in some sort of play off tbh, but that’s a few years down the line and a play off with 3 teams is messy. 

The bottom of the LL is the big issue at the minute, not League 2 clubs. All the glorified boys clubs and Uni teams clogging up the LL at the expense of great, hard working,  community club further down.

Need to remember this one when those glorified boys clubs are turning yous over this season.

Another thread that has gone way off topic. 
How many is that now that have completely derailed the actual thread title? 
The last few pages on here are just repeats of the same pish that's been said on multiple occasions elsewhere on other threads. 
The pyramid is certainly worth a debate but no really on a Bonnyrigg Rose page.

You don't get to determine what should and shouldn't be discussed in each thread. Bonnyrigg have been promoted out of this league and already have a new thread in the League 2 forum so this one would basically be dead anyway.

1 hour ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

I see where you are coming from with playoff for club 41 however if it is against the loser of the HL/LL Playoff that is again rewarding failure with a 2nd chance.

Rewarding failure?

Team wins their league title and losing a two legged playoff against another league champion. So far happening on penalties and on aggregate after splitting wins.

compared to a team that finishes second bottom of their division.

Totally the same thing.

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The average away crowd is going to be higher in L2 than the LL even though there will be plenty poor crowds. There's no real point in trying to deny that or cherry pick the odd example to argue against it. The LL will be more attractive when more clubs from tier 6 have replaced more current LL clubs.

.....but the point is, away crowds in League Two is hardly anything to write home about either, so again, picking that out as a reason why the SPFL are not opening up more is limp.

The whole concept of "rewarding failure" is daft. The team finishing bottom of League 2 aren't being rewarded in any way either, they're being "punished" by having to play in a relegation play-off. Perhaps the punishment isn't as severe as it could or should be, but it's not a reward.

Rewarding failure would be more along the lines of what happens in North American sports, where the worst team actually ends up better off than those finishing above them in terms of getting draft picks.

11th in the Premiership, and 9th in the Championship/League 1 get that ‘second chance’. I don’t think it would be right under that system to force 9th in League 2 down automatically.

If we see change further up the leagues then sure, I’d be open to it.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The whole concept of "rewarding failure" is daft. The team finishing bottom of League 2 aren't being rewarded in any way either, they're being "punished" by having to play in a relegation play-off. Perhaps the punishment isn't as severe as it could or should be, but it's not a reward.

Rewarding failure would be more along the lines of what happens in North American sports, where the worst team actually ends up better off than those finishing above them in terms of getting draft picks.

Rewarding failure is giving them a second chance to fix the failure rather than just relegating them.

49 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You don't get to determine what should and shouldn't be discussed in each thread. Bonnyrigg have been promoted out of this league and already have a new thread in the League 2 forum so this one would basically be dead anyway.

No I don't , I really dont give a fcuk what should and shouldn't be discussed on threads but if the topic says Bonnyrigg Rose I'd expect it to be all things Bonnyrigg Rose though.

You cant deny its no the same old pish either. :P

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

.....but the point is, away crowds in League Two is hardly anything to write home about either, so again, picking that out as a reason why the SPFL are not opening up more is limp.

I'm not trying to come up with excuses for not opening up. My position is I'd like to see the LL and HL champions promoted automatically, as well as the EoSFL, WoSFL, and SoSFL champions promoted automatically.

I'm just talking about the reasons why it's more difficult to jump from 0.5 promotion spots to 2+ in one go. If you're used to being an SPFL club in L2 or L1, the LL does not look particularly attractive right now in terms of opposition and crowds. It will look more attractive in a few years once more of the bigger clubs in tier 6 have been promoted into it.

You could say away crowds in L1 are shit, but they're better than away crowds in L2, which may also be shit, but they're better than away crowds in the LL. I'm not saying these things should factor into these decisions, but they do.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm not trying to come up with excuses for not opening up. My position is I'd like to see the LL and HL champions promoted automatically, as well as the EoSFL, WoSFL, and SoSFL champions promoted automatically.

I'm just talking about the reasons why it's more difficult to jump from 0.5 promotion spots to 2+ in one go. If you're used to being an SPFL club in L2 or L1, the LL does not look particularly attractive right now in terms of opposition and crowds. It will look more attractive in a few years once more of the bigger clubs in tier 6 have been promoted into it.

You could say away crowds in L1 are shit, but they're better than away crowds in L2, which may also be shit, but they're better than away crowds in the LL. I'm not saying these things should factor into these decisions, but they do.

No I agree, there is no way they will go from 0.5 to 2 in one step, not a chance of that happening.

However, equally there doesn't appear to be much chance of them going from 0.5 to 1, and then we hear limp excuses rolled out about strength of LL and crowds etc. which don't really stand up to scrutiny.

However, what also needs to happen, and should have happened in time for next season, is the LL opening up to 2 relegation spots (or 1.5 at least). They need to set the example to the SPFL.

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

No I agree, there is no way they will go from 0.5 to 2 in one step, not a chance of that happening.

However, equally there doesn't appear to be much chance of them going from 0.5 to 1, and then we hear limp excuses rolled out about strength of LL and crowds etc. which don't really stand up to scrutiny.

However, what also needs to happen, and should have happened in time for next season, is the LL opening up to 2 relegation spots (or 1.5 at least). They need to set the example to the SPFL.

Although they do pretty much stand up to scrutiny