Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

56 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

To make it easier for the to return to the SPFL? perhaps if you had backed 2-up/down it may already be in place making the prospect of a return a little easier.

What is appropriate is that the Champions of the HL and LL should be promoted, and the bottom two clubs in League 2 relegated.  That would create much needed increased turnover of clubs and more interest. Football is entertainment afterall (the same equally applies to the LL and tier 6 pro/rel).

Of course, the likes of Cowdenbeath wouldn't have wanted that for obvious reasons ie self preservation.  Hee haw to do with the quality of the Lowland League which already contains Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire, and has produced three new SPFL clubs already, one of which is in League One.

Two former LL sides in League One next season.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

To make it easier for the to return to the SPFL? perhaps if you had backed 2-up/down it may already be in place making the prospect of a return a little easier.

What is appropriate is that the Champions of the HL and LL should be promoted, and the bottom two clubs in League 2 relegated.  That would create much needed increased turnover of clubs and more interest. Football is entertainment afterall (the same equally applies to the LL and tier 6 pro/rel).

Of course, the likes of Cowdenbeath wouldn't have wanted that for obvious reasons ie self preservation.  Hee haw to do with the quality of the Lowland League which already contains Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire, and has produced three new SPFL clubs already, one of which is in League One.

Yes we’ll done to those clubs promoted to Spfl.  Rather than zealotry and self interest until Tier 5 is fully representative I can’t see why SPFL should change matters.  Being to Cowdenbeath’s advantage isn’t a reason to support it immediately -  a wider solution is required rather than your demands just being met

4 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes we’ll done to those clubs promoted to Spfl.  Rather than zealotry and self interest until Tier 5 is fully representative I can’t see why SPFL should change matters.  Being to Cowdenbeath’s advantage isn’t a reason to support it immediately -  a wider solution is required rather than your demands just being met

There is no wider solution required, the strength of the LL is irrelevant and just a limp excuse that doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Reward success and punish failure, that's the whole point of leagues. Instead the SPFL rewards failure with a second chance.  It has already been shown that those clubs coming up from the LL are more than capable, the evidence is there.

You'll soon see the other side of the coin.

34 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There is no wider solution required, the strength of the LL is irrelevant and just a limp excuse that doesn't stand up to any sort of scrutiny.

Reward success and punish failure, that's the whole point of leagues. Instead the SPFL rewards failure with a second chance.  It has already been shown that those clubs coming up from the LL are more than capable, the evidence is there.

You'll soon see the other side of the coin.

Not worried about the other side of the coin - that’s football.  You have your own zealous views me I will take a more rounded view

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not worried about the other side of the coin - that’s football.  You have your own zealous views me I will take a more rounded view

So having a problem with rewarding failure at the expense of success is in your view "over zealous", and throwing out a limp excuse to maintain that status quo is "more rounded" ??

😂  I'm sure you'll soon learn.

I would go with club 42 being relegated and the LL and HL champions playing off for their place.

Its the next progression to what we currently have.

Maybe in time it could be changed to club 41 playing in a play off.

It took England a long time for two clubs to be relegated from their L2.

Been done to death; it absolutely shouldn’t be automatic promotion from the LL and HL. There HL doesn’t have strength and depth to support this and you’d seen very average teams promoted based on geographical location.

It absolutely shouldn’t be two automatically relegated from L2 either, why should that league compromise more than any other league.

Team 42 relegated and then the play off as it is to decide who goes up. That will work well.

A regional tier 5 could work in years to come but I can’t see there being too much appetite for it - what a league it could be though. 

Why are so many “non league” fans moonhowlers. 

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Been done to death; it absolutely shouldn’t be automatic promotion from the LL and HL. There HL doesn’t have strength and depth to support this and you’d seen very average teams promoted based on geographical location.

It absolutely shouldn’t be two automatically relegated from L2 either, why should that league compromise more than any other league.

Team 42 relegated and then the play off as it is to decide who goes up. That will work well.

A regional tier 5 could work in years to come but I can’t see there being too much appetite for it - what a league it could be though. 

Why are so many “non league” fans moonhowlers. 

Two former LL clubs in League One, I wouldn't say they are "very average" and shows that League Two doesn't have any strength in depth, Albion Rovers next?

Why are so many fans of dead wood SPFL clubs moonhowlers?

17 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would go with club 42 being relegated and the LL and HL champions playing off for their place.

Its the next progression to what we currently have.

Maybe in time it could be changed to club 41 playing in a play off.

It took England a long time for two clubs to be relegated from their L2.

Agree, that is the next step which should be implemented immediately, but we know it won't happen, League Two clubs are terrified of the consequences so won't vote for it.

Then a club 41 play-off, then two auto down, however that doesn't happen unless the next step is taken.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Two former LL clubs in League One, I wouldn't say they are "very average" and shows that League Two doesn't have any strength in depth, Albion Rovers next?

The point was about the Highland League, not the Lowland League.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

*sigh* read my post properly. I’m a massive supporter of the pyramid and watch more EoS games than most. 

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

The 3 clubs that have went up and gone through L2 have good financial backing.

Cove and Kelty were always going to go through that league out spending everyone.

City struggled their first year before getting decent investment.

Bonnyrigg will be a good gauge this year, a club with no obvious sugar daddy investment, just spending what they bring in.

Agree, that is the next step which should be implemented immediately, but we know it won't happen, League Two clubs are terrified of the consequences so won't vote for it.

Then a club 41 play-off, then two auto down, however that doesn't happen unless the next step is taken.

Forgot to add they should have something similar at the other end of the LL although with 16 normal clubs you could have two relegated.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The point was about the Highland League, not the Lowland League.

I get what his point was, but people in glass houses etc.  (or used to be in glass houses)

Brora, Fraserburgh and Buckie wouldn't be any less "average" than Edinburgh City.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Forgot to add they should have something similar at the other end of the LL although with 16 normal clubs you could have two relegated.

The LL should be relegating three from a 16 team league, sadly they're as bad as the SPFL.

I get what his point was, but people in glass houses etc.  (or used to be in glass houses)

Brora, Fraserburgh and Buckie wouldn't be any less "average" than Edinburgh City.

Not sure what proverbial stones I’m throwing. Cowden were an absolute gang last season and deserved to go down. No sob story here - bring it on.

FWIW, I’d support team 42 automatically relegated and team 41 in some sort of play off tbh, but that’s a few years down the line and a play off with 3 teams is messy. 

The bottom of the LL is the big issue at the minute, not League 2 clubs. All the glorified boys clubs and Uni teams clogging up the LL at the expense of great, hard working,  community club further down.

Can see where he is coming from the Highland League has already suffered in quality over the last 28 years with the amount of clubs they have lost.

The LL should be relegating three from a 16 team league, sadly they're as bad as the SPFL.

Suppose they could go to three.

Need something to accelerate clubs from below getting up.