Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

Well it was not to be for The Rose yesterday. We bossed and controlled the first half, opened the scoring with an excellent free kick from Currie. Thought the Talbot played like the club that is allegedly not interested in progressing in the pyramid and they were given a lifeline with an unfortunate own goal just before half-time. It was a game of few chances and Talbot took one of theirs to lead. The 3rd was in the closing stages when the Rose players were up for a corner that was cleared and Scott Gray was short with his pass back to the goalie, to his great credit he made every effort to get back try and block the he shot rolling into the emptying net. Oh how the Talbot fans loved that.

So we can all have a break now and look forward to returning to NDP in July for another new adventure.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

On 22/05/2022 at 21:34, FairWeatherFan said:

It was a cash gate so i'd imagine someone has a count.

If nothing's made public i'm sure there will have been a random groundhopper that will enter a figure into the public domain.

In the past the finalists do not receive anything. The money goes back into the competition as the final and sponsorship is the only money brought in. As it's the organisers that pay out the travel expenses during the cup.

They should have been able to get an exact count as the Falkirk Stadium has electronic turnstile counters.

No idea why they didn’t just publish the crowd.

On 25/05/2022 at 20:48, Gimme said:

Decent draw in the League Cup, if it follows previous years then we should be at home to Hibs & Falkirk and away to Morton and Clyde.

Seems you are correct.

What is the script next season with your ground? Hoping to tick NDP off my list in July when we visit. How many tickets would you expect visitors to get?
Probably around 500 maximum. There was about 300 Fraserburgh / 200 Cowdenbeath at the recent play offs, but I don't think their allocation sold out.

With Hibs and Falkirk at NDP in quick succession I'm sure there will be a huge demand locally.

Hope I can get a ticket!

So our 3 years in the Lowland League has come to a successful conclusion. The first 2 of course were covid interrupted. The first season was a bit annoying when the plug was pulled when we had 5 home games(incl Kelty) and 1 away to complete the programme and lost the League by 0.14 of a point. Even in season 2 we were outdone by games played and deemed to have finished 4th. 
For the good of Scottish football the LL has to forget the self preservation attitude and open up Scottish football to a real pyramid system, then let clubs find their level. 
It was great to visit new clubs and grounds and many fond memories of great victories, performances, goals and a day out. Last minute victories at East Kilbride and Spartans stick out.

So fare thee well the Lowland League and I hope to meet some of you again in the SPFL. We move on to new adventures, clubs and grounds.

Well done the Rose for the last 3 wonderful years.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

9 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

So our 3 years in the Lowland League has come to a successful conclusion. The first 2 of course were covid interrupted. The first season was a bit annoying when the plug was pulled when we had 5 home games(incl Kelty) and 1 away to complete the programme and lost the League by 0.14 of a point. Even in season 2 we were outdone by games played and deemed to have finished 4th. 
For the good of Scottish football the LL has to forget the self preservation attitude and open up Scottish football to a real pyramid system, then let clubs find their level. 
It was great to visit new clubs and grounds and many fond memories of great victories, performances, goals and a day out. Last minute victories at East Kilbride and Spartans stick out.

So fare thee well the Lowland League and I hope to meet some of you again in the SPFL. We move on to new adventures, clubs and grounds.

Well done the Rose for the last 3 wonderful years.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Truly wish Bonnyrigg well and an enjoyable time in the SPFL but if they vote, I would love to think that they will vote for 2 up 2 down from the SPFL2 and 3rd bottom in playoff, the same as what it should be in the Lowland league, making the whole pyramid the way we all want it to roll 👍

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Truly wish Bonnyrigg well and an enjoyable time in the SPFL but if they vote, I would love to think that they will vote for 2 up 2 down from the SPFL2 and 3rd bottom in playoff, the same as what it should be in the Lowland league, making the whole pyramid the way we all want it to roll 👍

There isn’t a vote for that

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Any club can propose a vote for anything they want.

So what - has such a vote been put forward as a proposal?  2 up/2 down plus a play off as well has not a hope of being agreed for a 10 team league.  As far as I am concerned 1 up/1 down plus a play off is only tenable once Lowland League can demonstrate that it is pretty clearly made up of the best clubs in the Lowlands outwith the SPFL 

I'm not sure what your point is here. Any club can propose any change they want within the SPFL, so if Bonnyrigg wanted to propose 2 up and 2 down with a play-off for third bottom then they would be very capable of doing that. The fact that it wouldn't be successful is irrelevant here.

9 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

As far as I am concerned 1 up/1 down plus a play off is only tenable once Lowland League can demonstrate that it is pretty clearly made up of the best clubs in the Lowlands outwith the SPFL 

That should have zero to do with it, that's a subjective opinion.   Maybe Cowdenbeath will need two up/down to ever get back to the SPFL.

3 hours ago, Burnieman said:

That should have zero to do with it, that's a subjective opinion.   Maybe Cowdenbeath will need two up/down to ever get back to the SPFL.

So why would Cowdenbeath’s situation have any bearing on it - 6 up/6 down would help Cowden but this is about what is appropriate not what best advantages some clubs 

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So why would Cowdenbeath’s situation have any bearing on it - 6 up/6 down would help Cowden but this is about what is appropriate not what best advantages some clubs 

To make it easier for the to return to the SPFL? perhaps if you had backed 2-up/down it may already be in place making the prospect of a return a little easier.

What is appropriate is that the Champions of the HL and LL should be promoted, and the bottom two clubs in League 2 relegated.  That would create much needed increased turnover of clubs and more interest. Football is entertainment afterall (the same equally applies to the LL and tier 6 pro/rel).

Of course, the likes of Cowdenbeath wouldn't have wanted that for obvious reasons ie self preservation.  Hee haw to do with the quality of the Lowland League which already contains Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire, and has produced three new SPFL clubs already, one of which is in League One.