Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

15 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Well done Bonnyrigg, well deserved and a proper Club without a sugar daddy for a change.

Fans might be in for a shock next season going by the ones who wanted to take bevvy in then looking for a drink in the bar at half time. 😂

Many did have bottles in the ground.  I’ve never seen such blatant disregard for the laws.

Looked to me that Cowdenbeath didn’t exactly try too hard to stop it tho. It was so obvious, but with the number of stewards they had little chance.

Mind you, last time I was at Central Park a Cowden fan was smoking a joint on the terrace 😂

Kinda does show at the lower end of the spfl the laws are a bit silly as there was little trouble, climbing the fence at the end probably the worst offense. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Many did have bottles in the ground.  I’ve never seen such blatant disregard for the laws.

Looked to me that Cowdenbeath didn’t exactly try too hard to stop it tho. It was so obvious, but with the number of stewards they had little chance.

Mind you, last time I was at Central Park a Cowden fan was smoking a joint on the terrace 😂

Kinda does show at the lower end of the spfl the laws are a bit silly as there was little trouble, climbing the fence at the end probably the worst offense. 

That was an attraction for many in the old Juniors/non league along with the cheap admission price.

There is usually plenty of space in the average non leage "shed" to smoke and drink to your hearts content.

Nobody would take any notice as long as you didn't annoy anyone.

Bump.  What a team. Disrespected all season and then by the playoff teams. Strolled it all. Horn and the squad performed a miracle. Some great penalties this season too. Organic growth wins in the end. 

10 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Bump.  What a team. Disrespected all season and then by the playoff teams. Strolled it all. Horn and the squad performed a miracle. Some great penalties this season too. Organic growth wins in the end. 

In what way were  they disrespected?

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

5 hours ago, Red Rose said:

How were they disrespected most Cowden fans congratulated them on winning.

Two soft penalties and Dean being a bit wide in the first game but that was most folks only complaints but hardly disrespectful.

So the last match of this season this afternoon at the Falkirk stadium. Expect there to be a decent crowd rather than a big crowd. Who would have thought that 2 former Junior foes would have met in the final of this trophy, which is now the biggest cup competition in South Scotland. Would be great to finish the season with another trophy before we climb the staircase to level 4 next season. The Talbot may be using this as a warm up to the junior cup final. Hope the players have some energy left after their week of small celebrations and we can finish the season in style.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

5 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

So the last match of this season this afternoon at the Falkirk stadium. Expect there to be a decent crowd rather than a big crowd. Who would have thought that 2 former Junior foes would have met in the final of this trophy, which is now the biggest cup competition in South Scotland. Would be great to finish the season with another trophy before we climb the staircase to level 4 next season. The Talbot may be using this as a warm up to the junior cup final. Hope the players have some energy left after their week of small celebrations and we can finish the season in style.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Would have been nice to round off the season with a win in our final appearance in the South Cup, but the priority was achieved last week.

Some consolation for Talbot though after their season derailed in recent weeks.

6 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

And the attendance was?

58 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

And the attendance was?

I’ve not seen one quoted, and didn’t hear one mentioned at the match. I’d guess about 700?

Edited by BS7

Not surprised. You would have been looking at 5000 or so for a junior cup final between these clubs in the not too distant past but giving a cup a south branding just doesn't resonate the same way. Hopefully the blazers knock the junior vs senior stuff on the head and get some sort of national nonleague cup sorted out soon as the flagship cup tournament for the nonleague portion of the pyramid.

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not surprised. You would have been looking at 5000 or so for a junior cup final between these clubs in the not too distant past but giving a cup a south branding just doesn't resonate the same way. Hopefully the blazers knock the junior vs senior stuff on the head and get some sort of national nonleague cup sorted out soon as the flagship cup tournament for the nonleague portion of the pyramid.

Yes, I’d tend to agree with that - a junior final was a big deal but today was just another cup final - there was around 1500 Bonnyrigg fans at Cowdenbeath last week and probably a 1/5 of that number there today.

Not really for me to say, as my club won’t be part of it but hopefully the various leagues can come up with one national competition for ALL the clubs in tier 5 or 6 down.

5 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

That stand holds 4000, so judge it from that. Who will have the number? out of interest and do the clubs get a good cut? 

It was a cash gate so i'd imagine someone has a count.

If nothing's made public i'm sure there will have been a random groundhopper that will enter a figure into the public domain.

In the past the finalists do not receive anything. The money goes back into the competition as the final and sponsorship is the only money brought in. As it's the organisers that pay out the travel expenses during the cup.