Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

Hooe you lot have thst pitch sorted ! It was a fucking tattie field when we played you in the cup few seasons ago! 

Hope you come up though seriously, I enjoyed that away day in the cup and met a good few Bonnyrigg fans. By far a better day out than that dump central park where the down is as good as the shite hole of a ground. 

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

...the latter is surely something local authorities aren't going to sign off on unless they are convinced they everything in place...

Think you'll find that the local council have already been involved in determining what the safe capacity is at New Dundas Park for Scottish Cup games as part of entry level. Prorege has posted a lot of interesting stuff related to the pyramid that helped provide a more rounded picture of what was happening than the very EoS centred picture that was pushed very hard by certain posters on here but he's a Cowdenbeath fan with an agenda on this particular topic.

29 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Maybe, let's hope they have it all in hand. Because although the only difference between SPFL and LL requirements is slightly better floodlights and a safety certificate - the latter is surely something local authorities aren't going to sign off on unless they are convinced they everything in place.

Prorege's latest post. Perhaps a capacity restriction in future might help.

"The shortcomings of Bonnyrigg’s ground were exposed with the presence of a large crowd. There are still no turnstiles to control access. There were no toilets in the away section which was just a slippery sloping grass area with a restricted view due to the concrete blockhouse style dugouts. Getting away at the end of the game was hopeless – there are no exits from the away section and spectators had to wait in a crush at the corner flag until the players had left the field to exit through the pavilion area. By that time an ambulance was struggling to get into the ground through the only road access – a narrow lane – to deal with a spectator who had taken ill at the game.

Bonnyrigg will have to strengthen their squad considerably to be competitive in League Two and the question of where they will play their games should they go up remains unanswered."

There's no concrete dug outs and there's three exits 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I do think Cowdenbeath might be slightly more likely to do so than the other two. Both of those have been no-hopers for my entire time watching Scottish football, Cowdenbeath at least had a couple of spells in the Championship and so on and I think have slightly bigger potential. It won't be easy for them though.

Cowdenbeath's best chance of getting back is next season.

After that it will only get harder for obvious reasons.

Btw, Cowdenbeath won't be the last Championship team to drop down to the LL.

Maybe, let's hope they have it all in hand. Because although the only difference between SPFL and LL requirements is slightly better floodlights and a safety certificate - the latter is surely something local authorities aren't going to sign off on unless they are convinced they everything in place.
Prorege's latest post. Perhaps a capacity restriction in future might help.
"The shortcomings of Bonnyrigg’s ground were exposed with the presence of a large crowd. There are still no turnstiles to control access. There were no toilets in the away section which was just a slippery sloping grass area with a restricted view due to the concrete blockhouse style dugouts. Getting away at the end of the game was hopeless – there are no exits from the away section and spectators had to wait in a crush at the corner flag until the players had left the field to exit through the pavilion area. By that time an ambulance was struggling to get into the ground through the only road access – a narrow lane – to deal with a spectator who had taken ill at the game.
Bonnyrigg will have to strengthen their squad considerably to be competitive in League Two and the question of where they will play their games should they go up remains unanswered."
If the SPFL weren't happy the play-off wouldn't go ahead in the first place.

I'm content that the club have everything in hand and that ground improvements will be carried out over the closed season.

All of the stuff suggested is nice to have, but not actually required for licencing and all that's required for League 2 is an entry level licence.

I've decided that I'm giving the Hearts v Rangers game a miss and I've got tickets for the Cowdenbeath v Bonnyrigg  Rose game instead.  Watch a wee bit history being made, hopefully.

Cowdenbeath's best chance of getting back is next season.
After that it will only get harder for obvious reasons.
Btw, Cowdenbeath won't be the last Championship team to drop down to the LL.

Dumbarton and Alloa are the only ones who have been in the Championship in the last decade who I can see having any realistic risk of dropping down any time soon, and in Alloa's case I'd say it was quite slim.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Dumbarton and Alloa are the only ones who have been in the Championship in the last decade who I can see having any realistic risk of dropping down any time soon, and in Alloa's case I'd say it was quite slim.

Dumbarton I could see for sure dropping down if they don't get their act together over the summer.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Any club who is part time is in danger long term.

Meltdown on and off the park.

Bad management and bad luck.

5 disastrous seasons and you could be playing Drumchapel Utd away in a league game.

Btw the Lowland League isn't the bottom of the pyramid.

Any club who is part time is in danger long term.
Meltdown on and off the park.
Bad management and bad luck.
5 disastrous seasons and you could be playing Drumchapel Utd away in a league game.
Btw the Lowland League isn't the bottom of the pyramid.

I'm not sure where anyone said that the LL was the bottom of the pyramid.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It sort of is for all the chance you have of getting relegated out of it 

It's much harder to get promoted into it than to get relegated out of it. At least there is one automatic relegation spot, there is no automatic promotion spot for any of the three leagues below.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

It's much harder to get promoted into it than to get relegated out of it. At least there is one automatic relegation spot, there is no automatic promotion spot for any of the three leagues below.

Full straight forward relegation/promotion in a couple of leagues and you'd see the biggest change in Scottish football since the 1920s.

For what it's worth, Bonnyrigg do have planning permission granted to build a new enclosure north east of the current one. See here.

Sounds like most of the other work is absolutely achievable over the summer.

Fingers crossed we can get it done on Saturday, looks like 4 and a half busses currently filled and I suspect a lot of us will be heading there by car or train.

Edited by ham89

3 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Your highlights package was excellent, really first class, though I watched it from behind the couch.

Was that because you are getting some viewing practice in prior to the second leg at the Stadio de Stock Cars this Saturday?

Cmon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So the season which started away last 17th July reaches it climax today, over the Bridge to the kingdom at the Stadio del stock cars. A massive game for both clubs for differing reasons. Whoever scores the 1st goal today will be all important on the final outcome. Hope for a good game and still 22players on the pitch at the end of 90mins.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

45 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

So the season which started away last 17th July reaches it climax today, over the Bridge to the kingdom at the Stadio del stock cars. A massive game for both clubs for differing reasons. Whoever scores the 1st goal today will be all important on the final outcome. Hope for a good game and still 22players on the pitch at the end of 90mins.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Good luck today