Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

57 minutes ago, cultured_left_foot said:

Does Bonnyriggs ground have any seats? Played against them must have been about 10 years ago at their place and don’t remember them having any.

if not, are there plans to install any if promotion is sealed?

No seats (though they aren't mentioned as a requirement in the SFA or SPFL rules) and apparently some work to do, though I assume they have been allowed some leeway by the SPFL otherwise they wouldn't be in the play-off in the first place.

According to Prorege on nonleaguematters 

"They know that they have a huge amount of work to do over the Summer to bring it up to the standard where Midlothian Council will issue a Safety Certificate for SPFL football. They seem confident that they can do it.

They know that they need a covered seated stand, turnstiles, paved terracing and improved emergency access. They think it can all be done over the Summer."

Edited by Ginaro

Well done to the Rose cracking result and you surely can’t blow it next week. Shame for the Blue Brazil fans they’re a decent enough bunch but if you finish bottom……they’ve ridden their luck twice but they’ll regroup and come back up sometime. If you’re up are there plans to improve the ground looks a nice Park but obviously no seating is something you’ll need to look at.  Not a requirement but obviously nice to have for older people and families. 

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

No seats (though they aren't mentioned as a requirement in the SFA or SPFL rules) and apparently some work to do, though I assume they have been allowed some leeway by the SPFL otherwise they wouldn't be in the play-off in the first place.

"They know that they have a huge amount of work to do over the Summer to bring it up to the standard where Midlothian Council will issue a Safety Certificate for SPFL football. They seem confident that they can do it.

They know that they need a covered seated stand, turnstiles, paved terracing and improved emergency access. They think it can all be done over the Summer."

Hopefully Bonnyrigg can do it again next weekend and get promoted. Would be a massive boost to the pubs and local shops in the town and around Bonnyrigg. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Well done to the Rose cracking result and you surely can’t blow it next week. Shame for the Blue Brazil fans they’re a decent enough bunch but if you finish bottom……they’ve ridden their luck twice but they’ll regroup and come back up sometime. If you’re up are there plans to improve the ground looks a nice Park but obviously no seating is something you’ll need to look at.  Not a requirement but obviously nice to have for older people and families. 

You've left that open ended regarding Cowdenbeath coming back up from the LL.

Better be soon before 10 or more organised Wosfl clubs start filtering through.

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

You've left that open ended regarding Cowdenbeath coming back up from the LL.

Better be soon before 10 or more organised Wosfl clubs start filtering through.

Always leave it open ended, tough league in the future.  

Cowdenbeath will have a fair chance of returning in the near future, they’ve had a few bad seasons but also spent a few seasons in the 2nd tier in the last decade they’re a well run club and are more than capable of mixing it with the best of the EOSFL and WOSFL. Hopefully relegation and promotion gets opened up more soon.  SPFL and LL need to understand that closing the trapdoor makes it harder to return if you fall through it. 

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

They know that they need a covered seated stand, turnstiles, paved terracing and improved emergency access. They think it can all be done over the summer.

Think Prorege was clutching at straws with this stuff and was looking for a procedural way to derail the playoff. They already have entry level, which is all the rulebooks state is actually necessary even up to the Championship and how likely a scenario is it that a local council would block SPFL entry by one of their local clubs? 

Well I still have a great big beaming smile on my face this morning. What a fantastic victory for The Rose yesterday against the Blue Brazil. We played well controlled and managed the game although Cowdenbeath played with 10 men for about an hour. They hardly laid a glove on us and our goalie didn’t have to make a real save till the last 5 mins. Whilst their goalie had a few saves to make in the second half and if Kieran Halls header had gone in there would have been a real thick layer of icing on the cake. So we take our 3 goal lead over the bridge to the kingdom next Saturday and in all honesty I can’t see our opposition scoring 3 goals against us.

It was great to see an excellent turn out of fans and I’m sure all the Rose fans and many neutrals will be there next Saturday.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Cowdenbeath bouncing back up quickly is not going to happen based on the experiences of East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers. Fans of both those clubs appear to have accepted they are tier 5 clubs. Cowdenbeath fans will soon do likewise.

I can't see any relegated team coming back up any time soon - I think if Shire had a chance it was in the first or second season we were in the league, that window has closed now imo. Eventually, if the pyramid relegation process involves automatic relegation and the quality of the 4th and 5th tiers starts to level out you might see teams moving up and down, but at the current rate that's maybe a decade away at least. 

Anyway, congratulations to Bonnyrigg on the impending promotion. I thought the tie was going to closer but, barring something incredible on Saturday, this looks like a forgone conclusion now. Glad we won't have to play you again next season. 

Cowdenbeath bouncing back up quickly is not going to happen based on the experiences of East Stirlingshire and Berwick Rangers. Fans of both those clubs appear to have accepted they are tier 5 clubs. Cowdenbeath fans will soon do likewise.

I do think Cowdenbeath might be slightly more likely to do so than the other two. Both of those have been no-hopers for my entire time watching Scottish football, Cowdenbeath at least had a couple of spells in the Championship and so on and I think have slightly bigger potential. It won't be easy for them though.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think Prorege was clutching at straws with this stuff and was looking for a procedural way to derail the playoff. They already have entry level, which is all the rulebooks state is actually necessary even up to the Championship and how likely a scenario is it that a local council would block SPFL entry by one of their local clubs? 

Maybe, let's hope they have it all in hand. Because although the only difference between SPFL and LL requirements is slightly better floodlights and a safety certificate - the latter is surely something local authorities aren't going to sign off on unless they are convinced they everything in place.

Prorege's latest post. Perhaps a capacity restriction in future might help.

"The shortcomings of Bonnyrigg’s ground were exposed with the presence of a large crowd. There are still no turnstiles to control access. There were no toilets in the away section which was just a slippery sloping grass area with a restricted view due to the concrete blockhouse style dugouts. Getting away at the end of the game was hopeless – there are no exits from the away section and spectators had to wait in a crush at the corner flag until the players had left the field to exit through the pavilion area. By that time an ambulance was struggling to get into the ground through the only road access – a narrow lane – to deal with a spectator who had taken ill at the game.

Bonnyrigg will have to strengthen their squad considerably to be competitive in League Two and the question of where they will play their games should they go up remains unanswered."