Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

Well arguably the biggest game of the season and in the Roses history is today with the first leg of the LL/HL play off. It shouldn’t be happening of course with both clubs having won their respective Leagues they should be automatically promoted to the SPFL. There will be a big crowd at NDP and the Rose have made the correct decision to have it all ticket. It’s a dry cool and a slight breeze this morning. I expect a tight result over the 2 legs and of course will be looking for The Rose to progress.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

43 minutes ago, Sliced Bread said:

Exactly what I came on to find. I’ve watched a few Fraserburgh matches online this season (I live in Ireland), the HL decider against Forres was live streamed last week and next weeks match against Bonnyrigg at Bellslea Park is being live streamed on the Fraserburgh FC TV site. Was all prepared to sit down and watch todays game, never even occurred to me that it wouldn’t be being shown. Guess I’ll just be following along on Twitter. The Broch said they had 250 streamers last week, (at £8 a pop) so there’s definitely some demand. 

When Broch started doing it they had a couple of guys doing commentary, mainly gossip about the club and town and swapping anecdotes and occasionally discussing the game. Great stuff, they should bring them back. Seems daft to me Bonnyrigg not streaming it if they were able to, maybe with Fraserburgh's help, it's a serious amount of missed revenue from people who can't travel to the game.

39 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well arguably the biggest game of the season and in the Roses history is today with the first leg of the LL/HL play off. It shouldn’t be happening of course with both clubs having won their respective Leagues they should be automatically promoted to the SPFL. There will be a big crowd at NDP and the Rose have made the correct decision to have it all ticket. It’s a dry cool and a slight breeze this morning. I expect a tight result over the 2 legs and of course will be looking for The Rose to progress.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 up 2 down with no playoff would be ideal, I’d even be ok with the two HL/LL winners having a playoff for an automatic spot in League 2, what annoys me is the playoff against the team that finished 10th, no team that finishes bottom should have a chance to get away without being relegated. 

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When Broch started doing it they had a couple of guys doing commentary, mainly gossip about the club and town and swapping anecdotes and occasionally discussing the game. Great stuff, they should bring them back. Seems daft to me Bonnyrigg not streaming it if they were able to, maybe with Fraserburgh's help, it's a serious amount of missed revenue from people who can't travel to the game.

Pretty much what happened last week, the commentator spent a lot of time discussing his favourite chippers in the NE and there was a lot of reminiscing with the co-comm about FFC “golf outings” (piss-ups). 

19 minutes ago, Sliced Bread said:

Pretty much what happened last week, the commentator spent a lot of time discussing his favourite chippers in the NE and there was a lot of reminiscing with the co-comm about FFC “golf outings” (piss-ups). 

Nice one, I thought they'd stopped doing it. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Sliced Bread said:

2 up 2 down with no playoff would be ideal, I’d even be ok with the two HL/LL winners having a playoff for an automatic spot in League 2, what annoys me is the playoff against the team that finished 10th, no team that finishes bottom should have a chance to get away without being relegated. 

Very sensible post at last

Well that is the first leg of the play off played and I thought in the end it was a great result for the Rose. I would never have put 3-1 down as the score on my fixed odds coupon. We scored 3 great goals and their keeper had no chance with any of them. I don’t know if it is the Broch way but their manager kept them on the pitch after full time and seemed to be roasting his players.

Look forward to the trip to Fraserburgh next Saturday along with the Rose faithful. Thought they would have had more travelling fans down at Bonnyrigg yesterday.. 
C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Footnote:- FIFA have to seriously look at a rule change with blood injuries. We had an incident yesterday where Alan Horne was assaulted with an elbow in his face from a Broch player and had to leave the field whilst the blood stemmed, leaving The Rose with 10 players on the pitch whilst the opposition and the guilty individual remains on the pitch and his team with 11 players on the pitch. If some team(of 11) score a goal in that type of scenario there could  be some serious repercussions.  A temporary blood bin replacement should be allowed on the pitch just like what happens in Rugby.

On 23/04/2022 at 10:08, Sliced Bread said:

Exactly what I came on to find. I’ve watched a few Fraserburgh matches online this season (I live in Ireland), the HL decider against Forres was live streamed last week and next weeks match against Bonnyrigg at Bellslea Park is being live streamed on the Fraserburgh FC TV site. Was all prepared to sit down and watch todays game, never even occurred to me that it wouldn’t be being shown. Guess I’ll just be following along on Twitter. The Broch said they had 250 streamers last week, (at £8 a pop) so there’s definitely some demand. 

So Bonnyrigg filmed the whole thing with a commentary team but couldn't be arsed streaming it for a tenner a pop.

Edited by welshbairn

16 hours ago, peternapper said:

What was the score, despite the much higher profile of the B-Team league cannot find any mention of the game on the BBC scores

Fair play to Radio Scotland they gave it a mention on there. 

Well done to the Rose hopefully finish the job off next week. 

Edited by Crow