Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

4 figure crowds every 2nd week and a decent away following theyd be an asset to the SPFL. Not sure what HFL wages are but with crowds like that and a dedicated team behind the scenes Bonnyrigg will easily pay there way whatever league they are in. 

I mean, that just won't be happening.

11 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Saturdays game at Bonnyrigg is all ticket, tickets available online until tomorrow for any neutrals thinking about attending.

Tickets available at Bellslea Park on Thursday and Friday, 6-8 pm. 

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Any reason why it won't be?

Always had a good following have Bonnyrigg.

I'd imagine quite a few west sides no even close to the LL at minute could fall into that category as well? 

Because Bonnyrigg's average attendece this season is less than 600. They haven't had one four figure attendence. It's unlikely they'll jump to consitently having 1k+ crowds because that just never really happens.

For example, in Kelty's last non-covid season in the LL, they had an average of around 500 per game. In L2, they've got an average of 700 where they only broke the 1k mark in the derbies with Cowden. And that's with them winning most games and strolling towards the league title.

I'd bet a good amount that Bonnyrigg won't get an average home crowd of 1k+.

52 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Because Bonnyrigg's average attendece this season is less than 600. They haven't had one four figure attendence. It's unlikely they'll jump to consitently having 1k+ crowds because that just never really happens.

For example, in Kelty's last non-covid season in the LL, they had an average of around 500 per game. In L2, they've got an average of 700 where they only broke the 1k mark in the derbies with Cowden. And that's with them winning most games and strolling towards the league title.

I'd bet a good amount that Bonnyrigg won't get an average home crowd of 1k+.

Remind me of the number of clubs in Div1&2 in excess of 1k.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

48 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Remind me of the number of clubs in Div1&2 in excess of 1k.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

This season, that would be one club, Falkirk.

Don't get defensive. I'm clearly not having some go at Bonnyrigg or trying to get involved in some crowd w**k. I'm just disputing the absolute fantasy idea that Bonnyrigg would pull in crowds of 1,000+ every home game if they get promoted to League Two.

If you think I'm talking shite, name your price and we'll put a bet on it.

On 18/04/2022 at 23:12, Gordon EF said:

Don't get defensive. I'm clearly not having some go at Bonnyrigg or trying to get involved in some crowd w**k. I'm just disputing the absolute fantasy idea that Bonnyrigg would pull in crowds of 1,000+ every home game if they get promoted to League Two.

Falkirk (Full Time team) being the only one pretty much confirms the point you made, there’s only one Part Time team in the SPFL pulling gates over 1000 and that’s Arbroath (1631 average) who are. 

1. Having probably the best season in their history.   

2. Receiving good Championship away supports numbering in the 100s.

3. 2nd in the Championship. 

I’m sure Bonnyrigg as one of the biggest teams outside the SPFL have a very good support as will some other teams in Tiers 5 and 6 but I’d be sceptical any of them could realistically regularly pull over 1000 in league 1 or 2, Pollok are the only one I can think off that might do it as I believe their crowds are extremely good.  I’ll be pleasantly surprised if any teams come up and disprove this.  

Best of luck to the Bonnyrigg fans for the playoffs. I’ll be sad if our Fife neighbours go down but ultimately a pyramid only works if teams are relegated and 10th shouldn’t have a playoff chance. 

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Falkirk (Full Time team) being the only one pretty much confirms the point you made, there’s only one Part Time team in the SPFL pulling gates over 1000 and that’s Arbroath (1631 average) who are. 

1. Having probably the best season in their history.   

2. Receiving good Championship away supports numbering in the 100s.

3. 2nd in the Championship. 

I’m sure Bonnyrigg as one of the biggest teams outside the SPFL have a very good support as will some other teams in Tiers 5 and 6 but I’d be sceptical any of them could realistically regularly pull over 1000 in league 1 or 2, Pollok are the only one I can think off that might do it as I believe their crowds are extremely good.  I’ll be pleasantly surprised if any teams come up and disprove this.  

Best of luck to the Bonnyrigg fans for the playoffs. I’ll be sad if our Fife neighbours go down but ultimately a pyramid only works if teams are relegated and 10th shouldn’t have a playoff chance. 

Just think in 4 games time it could be status quo and where the feck is that progress. Anyway good luck to Bonnyrigg.

On 18/04/2022 at 23:12, Gordon EF said:

But you are getting involved in a crowd w**k looking to gamble with fellow p&b ers over attendances and seem to be a tad upset by my comment 

Maybes I shouldve quoted crowds of up to 4 figures and not just 4 figure crowds. That is not being fantasist they've always been a well supported club,the play off is all ticket by the way.

Anyways as I said they will be an asset to the SPFL should they get there.

Theres a lot of water to go under the bridge football wise yet before anybody and I'm sure everyone at Bonnyrigg even thinks about the SPFL which is absolutely ridiculous. The play offs need looked at but theres hundreds of other threads as it is on the pyramid. 

Personally I think theres quite a lot of SPFL fans looking over their shoulders and a wee bit worried about what's happening in the leagues below them. They wont want to be the next Berwick or Shire.

Best of luck to Bonnyrigg by the way. 

Edited by newcastle broon

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

But you are getting involved in a crowd w**k looking to gamble with fellow p&b ers over attendances and seem to be a tad upset by my comment 

Not really. I've only mentioned bets because what you've said is so outlandish that everyone knows it'll never happen, so they won't put money on it.

Maybes I shouldve quoted crowds of up to 4 figures and not just 4 figure crowds. That is not being fantasist they've always been a well supported club,the play off is all ticket by the way.

Anyways as I said they will be an asset to the SPFL should they get there.

Well up to four figures covers everyone in League Two. Totally agreed on Bonnyrigg though. I'd love to see them in L2. A well supported club with potential, an old fashioned ground and somewhere I've never been before.

Disappointing that Bonnyrigg aren't streaming this, you'd think they could at least ask if Fraserburgh would be willing to do it, and share the £10 PPV. Fraserburgh have streamed all their home games this season I think.

On 20/04/2022 at 11:06, welshbairn said:

Disappointing that Bonnyrigg aren't streaming this, you'd think they could at least ask if Fraserburgh would be willing to do it, and share the £10 PPV. Fraserburgh have streamed all their home games this season I think.

Was there not a clampdown on streaming Saturday 3.00pm games?

On 21/04/2022 at 19:26, welshbairn said:

Hopefully clubs like Fraserburgh and Brora will keep doing it for their 'overseas' customers, the numbers of which could significantly expand when the rules change.

Exactly what I came on to find. I’ve watched a few Fraserburgh matches online this season (I live in Ireland), the HL decider against Forres was live streamed last week and next weeks match against Bonnyrigg at Bellslea Park is being live streamed on the Fraserburgh FC TV site. Was all prepared to sit down and watch todays game, never even occurred to me that it wouldn’t be being shown. Guess I’ll just be following along on Twitter. The Broch said they had 250 streamers last week, (at £8 a pop) so there’s definitely some demand.