Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

2 hours ago, Gimme said:

Drawn at home in the first leg of the play-off on 23 April. Would have preferred the other way around but at least we are there.

As would I. Consolation it is 2 more pay days before the trip up North and is also a holiday weekend.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So a gentle journey across the bridge to the Kingdom for a cup tie tonight.  From recollection I don’t think we have played a Fife club this season. It will be another tough game for both teams , surely we can’t be a poor as we were last Saturday. The chances that we missed last Saturday will hopefully be converted tonight. It took us a long time to test the Dalbeattie keeper. It would be nice to finish the season with a trophy as well as the League, as we did when we departed junior football.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Yes it was a much better performance last night. The first half was fairly even and if any team had scored in that period I reckon it would have been to their advantage in the second half. But ‘‘twas not to be, an early 3goal blitz from The Rose in the first 15mins of the second half finished the game as a contest. I was as surprised as anyone when George Hunter made an appearance after a couple of months out and how fitting to see him score the 4th goal. Welcome back Geo. It was also pleasing once more that the goals were spread throughout the team, by 3 players who have not scores for a while.

C’mon The Rose🌹🌹🌹

So last of 4 games with one of the Ugly Sisters in the LL season tonight.  I will not be attending the ground that has great memories for The Rose. I have no idea what type of contest it will be at this stage of the season on a reportably tattie field. Good luck to the Rose.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Good to see the Rose win again tonight and guarantee further daylight between themselves and the rest.

It will be beneficial for the Rose to keep their performance levels up as they go into the playoffs.

Thought they were holding back in the first half, was very disappointed, I expected more, but they were fantastic second half and it was a well deserved win in the end.

So it’s back to Cup duties today against a club who we always have a competitive contest against. I expect no difference today the BUs seem to have been playing better in the last few weeks. The Rose must keep up the momentum in view of the pending play offs. Wonder how many penalties the opposition will cough up today. It gonna be cauld  so hopefully the game will keep us warm. Better get some money out from under the mattress and get my ticket for the HL play off match. Will go in the car for the away match.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

That pitch appears to gets worse every time we get beat there. (was going to put "play there" but knew a Rose fan would edit it)

Any plans to improve it ?

It makes a change from blaming the referee for your poor performances -results to blame the pitch!!! There was an interesting article in the Midlothian View yesterday regarding possible action on the pitch. I’ll leave it for you to find the article.

It was a very comfortable victory for the Rose at the end of the day.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So another Saturday , yes it is Saturday, but the Saturday the hard work of the last few years bears more fruit with the presentation of the Lowland League trophy. Overall winning the League has been deserved. It will be a day to remember and only correct that the trophy is presented in front of our own fans. 
We have always had tough games against the Shire with The Rose having the better of the contests with the exception of one due to a “dodgy ref” It’s been refreshing that we have kept the momentum up since winning the League at Berwick in preparation for the bigger game to come in the next few weeks.  Looking forward to it.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So the last home League for this season has gone and I must say we have been well entertained at NDP, with many good performances,results and goals. Shire did give us a tough match yesterday and deserved their point after the 90mins. It was getting to squeaky bum time when we got the late equaliser. A great sight to see the LL trophy presented after the match.

Well done The Rose and all associated behind the scenes. Momentum moves on and upward for the next few weeks.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

27 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

So the last home League for this season has gone and I must say we have been well entertained at NDP, with many good performances,results and goals. Shire did give us a tough match yesterday and deserved their point after the 90mins. It was getting to squeaky bum time when we got the late equaliser. A great sight to see the LL trophy presented after the match.

Well done The Rose and all associated behind the scenes. Momentum moves on and upward for the next few weeks.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I see the dodgy ref was back again giving out penalties... I was reasonably pleased with the draw, despite the late equaliser, as I assumed we'd get leathered by a Bonnyrigg side buoyed by good vibes. 

Anyway, best of luck in the play-offs when it comes, I always root for the LL team to go up just to keep things moving in the pyramid, it looks like Cowden are in not totally terrible shape at the moment (compared to someone like Berwick of a few years ago), so will be a stern test of whoever wins the first round. 

So before I leave home for tonight’s game I have been wondering over tea what sort of game we may get. Both teams drew on Saturday and our tussles against each other have been close, so maybe extra time and I hope no penalties to decide the outcome. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well The Rose won the game fair and square (and no penalties). Again I thought it was another great team performance especially in the pouring rain, and great to see the goals being spread around the team again. I think that will mean a cup final to finish off our season and would be great to put another trophy in the cabinet.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹