Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

So third Saturday in a row that we are on the road for a game.  Not going to be the most pleasurable drive of the season. Conditions today are going to be mighty tough with the strength of the wind, hopefully we can repeat the result from the game on the opening day of the season.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well I have been buzzing since the final whistle and all the way home. Great performance from The Rose today. The Colts got the usual soft OF penalty debatable if the supposed challenge was in the box, but we came back strong with 2 well taken goals. We managed the game well in the second half and we should have had penalty when Hunter was scythed in the box, the damage showing by the time he got treatment and hobbled off the park. As I hoped for same result as opening day of the season. 
Well done The Rose 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Celtic had asked for today's game to be postponed until Monday due to their U18s playing in the youth cup against Hibs on Friday night.  Bonnyrigg rightly told them where to go.  Robbie Horn previously commented that Celtic's LL squad list was presented at the last minute before the opening game of the season. It listed 46 players, so they are hardly struggling to field a team.

19 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Spartans and East Kilbride can get to 76 points so 9 required to guarantee the play off.

Rangers can get to 82 as it stands so 15 required to win the league.

Guest teams can't be the champion club so don't need to worry about them. :)

Well done Bonnyrigg,fantastic result yesterday in hopefully what will be a fantastic end to the season.

Hoping you guys can get thru the playoffs and into League 2.

Should be too strong for Broch,though it will be 2 tough games to navigate.

Then either AR or Cowdenbeath.

All the very best 👍

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Celtic had asked for today's game to be postponed until Monday due to their U18s playing in the youth cup against Hibs on Friday night.  Bonnyrigg rightly told them where to go.  Robbie Horn previously commented that Celtic's LL squad list was presented at the last minute before the opening game of the season. It listed 46 players, so they are hardly struggling to field a team.

If that is the case then well done The Rose 🌹 for sticking to their principles and consistency. Remember the OF Colts have still to play each other twice (in the last 9 games) it will be interesting to see the dates that they are scheduled for. IMHO the Colts teams have added nothing to the LL. 
As an observation yesterday all the crowd were Rose fans with the exception of about a dozen supporting the hosts. And I know their big team were at home about 20mls down the road.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

If that is the case then well done The Rose 🌹 for sticking to their principles and consistency. Remember the OF Colts have still to play each other twice (in the last 9 games) it will be interesting to see the dates that they are scheduled for. IMHO the Colts teams have added nothing to the LL. 
As an observation yesterday all the crowd were Rose fans with the exception of about a dozen supporting the hosts. And I know their big team were at home about 20mls down the road.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

It would see pretty much all of March has been left empty for the possibility of a League Cup group stage or to fulfill league fixtures. They'll have plenty of opportunity to pick dates if that's the case. I'm wondering what the League will decided since there has been a number of postponements this season and you could probably fill out the month with league fixtures.

The new Lowland League rules are accessible finally and it does appear it would have to be another vote to get "guest" clubs for another year.

image.png.097419ce8acdda49325813726b87c86f.png

I'm hoping that there won't be the appetite for continuing the model. It's still not clear what's happened with the £50k from the outside looking in. There hasn't been any sponsorships or extra media attention that i've noticed. Just OF fans talking amongst themselves how crap the LL is or how good it is for development on social media.

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

It was the same when the BUs were there. Not such a good result though. 😕 

I'm reasonably sure there is no requirement for seating, all that's required is an entry level licence and that just needs cover for 100. Even the Bronze award for grounds looks like it only needs cover for 500 which can be made up of seating or standing.

That said plans will be in place for the necessary changes to be made if they are required.

On 02/02/2022 at 12:59, kevsmart said:

Does Bonnyrigg Rose have seating, as I would have thought that would be a pre requisite for gaining promotion as club42.

They have put in some bench seating in front of the changing rooms, but they are open to the elements.

The ground will need some investment if they go up.  I'm not sure if they will be able to use the grass banking as a standing area and, even if they are, then they could do with putting down some tarmac or paving stones to provide a walkway all the way around the perimeter.  

Just getting ready to leave for another trip down the A7 to play The Fairydean. After 2 blank Saturdays delighted to be going to see a match. As usual it won’t be easy and I expect another tough game. May be interesting to see the team that Robbie puts out tonight in view of the bigger tasks to come in the coming weeks. Away to put my scarf and coat on beanie hat in pocket.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹