Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was rather nippy watching the game yesterday as both teams put on a good show. The Uni of Stirling always give us a difficult game and I certainly like their attitude whilst playing the game. They deserve a bit of credit for their performance after all their travel in the last few weeks. The Rose played well and it was a fine strike from Bradley which ultimately gave us three hard earned very welcome points. 
It’s back on the road next Saturday to Gretna for the last away match of 2021 which I would expect to go ahead with them now having an all weather surface. The faithful will continue with their travels(better than Christmas shopping).

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So our second LL. is it to Gretna today, grass pitch the first time in 2019 this time an artificial surface. Doesn’t matter what type of surface surely a few goals and 3pts for the Big Rose 🌹 come 5pm tonight. Making the journey as we do not know if fans will be admitted to grounds after today. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well it was a long journey home in the dark after a well earned 3pts yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at the effort that Gretna put in without causing us any trouble until the last minute. The Rose were comfortable winners and Captain Jonny scoring his usual seasons good goal. Thought the playing surface was decent and Gretna still have the wheely portable goals that caused controversy in “Spartangate “ earlier in the season. 

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well it’s a cold damp raw winters day. Get wrapped up wearing my new Rose scarf and bobble hat. Look forward to the game which as usual will be tough. Hope the players didn’t have too much turkey yesterday and are raring to go. Last match at NDP this year and hopefully another 3pts in the bag come 3pm.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

12 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

GOSH ANOTHER ROSE PENALTY TODAY !

The penalty was rightly awarded for a pull back. Jonny Stewart is an honest player.

We knocked and knocked on the door yesterday whilst the Braves kept it tightly shut. Football justice was server in stoppage time when big Kieron rose to head in the winner. The scenes then were fantastic and such a relief for the effort that was put in. Well done The Rose.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

15 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

The penalty was rightly awarded for a pull back. Jonny Stewart is an honest player.

We knocked and knocked on the door yesterday whilst the Braves kept it tightly shut. Football justice was server in stoppage time when big Kieron rose to head in the winner. The scenes then were fantastic and such a relief for the effort that was put in. Well done The Rose.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

9A4A359F-9A5A-41D1-B8C9-BE2EBADCDCE6.jpeg

815E582F-ABF6-4968-A2A0-3F2C5C865579.jpeg

C0894DD7-93AA-448E-8055-60A10816D687.jpeg

6D96B242-FA42-4092-ACFF-FCAEB1F15517.jpeg

E9CA2635-1141-4FE9-9D14-68CC1E628583.jpeg

45ACC55E-CCF4-49D4-8C68-8EBC21DC931A.jpeg

7647C04D-EFC0-46A6-B9C8-85D4D9871316.jpeg

BC5C099A-AC04-4709-8A59-1CECF5D96ACD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

That was the expected tough game against Spartans yesterday our games with them are always close encounters. Must admit at 2-0 up I thought we would see it through but Spartans came out battling in the second half which got a bit tousy on the heavy pitch and probably got a deserved draw at the end. 
Our run in is going to be mighty tough and all our opponents will certainly be up for the battle.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

13 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

That was the expected tough game against Spartans yesterday our games with them are always close encounters. Must admit at 2-0 up I thought we would see it through but Spartans came out battling in the second half which got a bit tousy on the heavy pitch and probably got a deserved draw at the end. 
Our run in is going to be mighty tough and all our opponents will certainly be up for the battle.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I would like to see a bit of pace added to the team before the play-offs, as I think that is the one area they are vulnerable in. In saying that they have done ok without it so far!

A gentle jaunt down the A7 this afternoon.  We have come away from Netherdale with good results from our previous visits there so hope that continues with 3pts again this afternoon, it certainly won’t be easy.  Will be interesting to see what our line up is today after a few notable absentees last week. It’s gonna be a tough un.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well that was another eventful game yesterday, but nonetheless another massive 3pts. Thought we played well in the first half and were deservedly ahead at half time with 2 well taken goals. Fairydean pushed on to us a bit more in the second half and not for the first time this season Michael kept the opposition at bay. It was a bizarre incident for McGachie to be given a second yellow card, I can only think that it was for foul language. It was a mighty relief when we got the third goal and at the final whistle learned that 2 of our nearest opposition( who shouldn’t be in the LL) had dropped points. The day out made for a happy journey back home down the A7.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹👏👏👏

Another Saturday, another away game, another car 🚘 journey. Down the road to Tranent. Expect a great crowd, cup tie and atmosphere. It will sure be tough. Our No 9 suspended I reckon , our former No9 still doing what he does best and scoring goals for the Belters. I will enjoy my day out.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well that was a good victory yesterday, thought it was easier than I expected. It was great to see George get back in amongst the goals. It was generally a good all round performance from The Rose 🌹. Hope the injury to Wilson is not too serious and Brown getting another 90mins playing time in his legs will benefit 

Tranent have certainly improved their ground massively and we’re rewarded with a big crowd for the game, the pitch also was looking great, so a well done to the Belters there.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹