Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Best game in Scotland.

Theres a massive international match taking place today. 

It's a shocker that games are even being played this afternoon!

Totally agree Newky needs to be addressed the Scotland fixtures are known when the fixtures are drawn up. 

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Best game in Scotland.

Theres a massive international match taking place today. 

It's a shocker that games are even being played this afternoon!

Maybees aye and maybees naw , but The Rose are the club that I support and much above the National team on my priority list.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...

Another great team performance and result for The Rose yesterday. We controlled most of the game quite comfortably. Well made ,taken and executed goals also. Anything they threw at us was well handled by Andrews between the sticks. The referee got a bit annoying with petty decisions going against us. He booked some Bonnyrigg players but I think only 1 of the opposition. Alan Hornes performance was absolutely outstanding he strolled through the game and never broke sweat. It will be a bit ironical winning 3 0 away from home and the MOM is your centre half.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

20 hours ago, Gimme said:

Pitch inspection at 9am tomorrow.

Well pitch has passed that inspection and goes ahead. Sure is going to be heavy going. In view of the forecasted rain here’s hoping we can complete the 90 minutes . Should be a good top of the table game with both teams cock a hoop after their results from last weekend. I’ll be there with the waterproof gear on looking for 3pts, which won’t be easy.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Well I am buzzing after that performance and result today. Thought it was a fairly even first half, but once we scored the first goal there was only going to be 1 winner. Great to see The two Kieron’s score the goals. The 3pts push us further away from CSS who thankfully we do not play again this season.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Edited by bravehearts dad

So the first of 2 visits this month to downtown Alloa. It’s quite wet and blustery which I expect will have a big bearing on the game. So with difficult conditions hope we can handle them better than the “home” team. Big McGachie will be on a high after his great achievement last week and I hope he can get a goal to start the journey to his 2nd hundred.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Thought it was a comfortable victory yesterday even though we had 10 men for the last half hour. Neither goalkeeper had a save of note, we had the better of the chances. Big Kieron took his chance well and certainly did not deserve the second yellow card. We had 3 yellow cards in total and the worst foul of the game by Broomhill no2 went unpunished. Results elsewhere yesterday also went  our way so roll on Tuesday and the revitalised VoL.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Thought it was a comfortable victory yesterday even though we had 10 men for the last half hour. Neither goalkeeper had a save of note, we had the better of the chances. Big Kieron took his chance well and certainly did not deserve the second yellow card. We had 3 yellow cards in total and the worst foul of the game by Broomhill no2 went unpunished. Results elsewhere yesterday also went  our way so roll on Tuesday and the revitalised VoL.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

You're welcome. C'mon the BUs 

Well the weather is decent for the match today as we welcome the Fairydean of Galashiels to NDP. It should be a good game as the visitors have come up with some good results so far this season. I am sure there will be a few changes in The Rose team today from last Tuesday and we can continue with our unbeaten run.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

So will be on the road shortly for the journey to Alloa. Be well wrapped up of course. Grudgingly pay the rip off £18 the hosts are charging for the match , look forward to the Rose to give Mulraney and Ferguson a reality check.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

So how did that reality check go? 😅

I took in this game today, grudgingly paying the £18, expecting Rose to perhaps cause a wee shock. It was not to be, and Alloa were worthy winners, my only concern for Rose in the league play-offs is perhaps the lack of pace in the team, particularly at the back, as I feel they can be got at. I hope this can be addressed before the end of the season as I would love to see them go up.

I mentioned in commentary that I was using Bonnyrigg as a yardstick for the Lowland League because our previous clash against rangers B was a glorified friendly.

I've often been suspicious about the lack of depth in the league but we were playing like a Harlem Globetrotters' exhibition match at times. Barring a shaky opening from kick-off that was crying out for a finish and a Bonnyrigg opener Hutton never had a save to make.

23 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I mentioned in commentary that I was using Bonnyrigg as a yardstick for the Lowland League because our previous clash against rangers B was a glorified friendly.

I've often been suspicious about the lack of depth in the league but we were playing like a Harlem Globetrotters' exhibition match at times. Barring a shaky opening from kick-off that was crying out for a finish and a Bonnyrigg opener Hutton never had a save to make.

Niang and Henderson were the stand outs, but they’re not Alloa players.

probably something we will have to bite the bullet on when we’re bringing players in, but it’s much harder to bring in loans to the lowland league than league 1.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

Niang and Henderson were the stand outs, but they’re not Alloa players.

probably something we will have to bite the bullet on when we’re bringing players in, but it’s much harder to bring in loans to the lowland league than league 1.

Bit of a stretch if the suggestion is that loans were the difference. Henderson and Niang obviously very good yesterday, but there are a whole load of permanent Alloa players who are a class above Bonnyrigg too. Boys on the bench yesterday who would be stand outs in the Lowland League. 

Have to say though that given Alloa's up and down form, questions over the manager, and some bad feeling about pricing yesterday resulting in a poor home crowd, that I thought Bonnyrigg had a nice shot at a possible upset. Certainly didn't expect 5-0. But as another Alloa fan pointed out, we have had a few occasions over the years when we went into ties against higher league opposition quietly confident of an upset and then didn't turn up.

Wish Bonnyrigg all the best for the rest of the season, hope you win the league.