Bonnyrigg Rose 2021-22

bravehearts dad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a good 3pts to get the campaign underway on a very warm summers day. Thought we could have been further ahead at half time.  We were pushed back a bit in the second half but held on for the victory. On this showing Celtic B could struggle if their games get physical.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

An expected tough match last night in which I thought we had the better chances. Good to see a good number of Rose fans there. We’ll take the point and move on to another tough away day on Saturday when at least the temperature is forecast to be cooler.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

8 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

An expected tough match last night in which I thought we had the better chances. Good to see a good number of Rose fans there. We’ll take the point and move on to another tough away day on Saturday when at least the temperature is forecast to be cooler.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Surprised we left the subs so late, it was a hot boy last night. Sending players on with ten minutes to go, you’re lucky if that’s five minutes of game time when Cumbernauld were running down the clock. The subs barely got a touch.

A tough day at the office yesterday. Wish we could score first against them at their ground. An early goal lost again down there but thankfully we got an equaliser, only to go in 2-1 down at HT with a screamer. A deserved penalty brought us a second equaliser, then what a sickner to lose a goal in stoppage time. So a big week coming up now with 2 home games where we must be looking for 6pts.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

A tough day at the office yesterday. Wish we could score first against them at their ground. An early goal lost again down there but thankfully we got an equaliser, only to go in 2-1 down at HT with a screamer. A deserved penalty brought us a second equaliser, then what a sickner to lose a goal in stoppage time. So a big week coming up now with 2 home games where we must be looking for 6pts.
C’mon The Rose [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]
We were never at the races yesterday. We just looked devoid of ideas.

I'm not sure what's happened this season but when did we abandon actually passing the ball in favour of the continual long ball from the back completely bypassing the midfield.

The squads at least 3 or 4 players short at the moment so I don't really understand why we've let players go out on loan.

Big test v bsc broomhill glasgow Alloa on Tuesday. They look weaker this season but have possibly had a better start than us.

wasn’t there yesterday, the most surprising thing for me was shipping 3 goals - that’s not happened much in the last few years, which shows just how high the bar has been set. And probably wouldn’t have happened if Al Horne had been playing.

1 hour ago, Gimme said:

We were never at the races yesterday. We just looked devoid of ideas.

I'm not sure what's happened this season but when did we abandon actually passing the ball in favour of the continual long ball from the back completely bypassing the midfield.

The squads at least 3 or 4 players short at the moment so I don't really understand why we've let players go out on loan.

Not naming a full bench this early in the season raises a few eyebrows for sure.

1 hour ago, changeisneeded said:

Surely we can recall loan players if needed ?

I’m not sure they could then be re-loaned until the next transfer window. Does the 3 teams in one season rule apply?

1 hour ago, Crow said:

A good week for the Rose 6 home points on the board. 

Yes it has been a good week for The Rose 6pts and +6 on the goal difference column. We have played a lot better in these 2 games and gained some confidence. Goals already getting spread around the team and it was great to see the 2 Kierans get their names on the goals scorers  list with 3 well taken goals between them. Andy Mair has not had much game time so far this season and it looks to me that Adams has maintained his reputation for throwing the dummy out at another club on his CV list. 
So onward and upwards to next Saturday and a big crowd at Alliance Park!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Yes it has been a good week for The Rose 6pts and +6 on the goal difference column. We have played a lot better in these 2 games and gained some confidence. Goals already getting spread around the team and it was great to see the 2 Kierans get their names on the goals scorers  list with 3 well taken goals between them. Andy Mair has not had much game time so far this season and it looks to me that Adams has maintained his reputation for throwing the dummy out at another club on his CV list. 
So onward and upwards to next Saturday and a big crowd at Alliance Park!!!

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Shame that other goal from big Kieran was offside, a touch of class. Young Bradley doesn’t look intimidated by the level either. Routine win for Rose. As often happens at NDP, the opposition started brightly and the Rose just wore them down.