The Hamilton Academical Thread

11 hours ago, Theaccman said:

Shove your well wishes, hope you lot rot in hell where you belong.

Supporting a badly run accies getting thumped every week is still a world of upgrades above being involved with A*rdrie in any form.

A crumb of comfort to galvanise the accies support.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Kyle Munro signs for EK.

No great loss but squad getting smaller and smaller. They must be confident of getting a few new signings in.

Just now, FuzzyBear said:

No great loss but squad getting smaller and smaller. They must be confident of getting a few new signings in.

I'm sure Rankin said in the YouTube interview that he was expecting a couple in the next few days.

Doyle will be one of them presumably.

35 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Another who made a reasonable number of appearances in the premiership for us dropping to that level….

And I am not convinced that he or Hughes will shine at that level.

Brian Rice should be at the Hague for how many appearances Munro and Hughes - two Lowland league quality players - made in the prem for us. Never forget that we started Hughes on the first day of the season at Celtic Park 

Taylor's a weird guy, isn't he? He's very LinkedIn.

Wonder if we'll ever find out why he was sacked, but you can be confident that the club have fucked up in some way.

I've always thought something was 'off' about Taylor but I really hope he's managed to get what he's due and, as Scotty says, fucked McGowan over in some way.

In other news, Easton has signed a new deal to 2024. Happy enough with that, considering the state of the squad at the moment.

Not far off how I'd expect us to line up against Dundee with the squad as is. Still not sure if it'll be a back 3 or 4 (we've seemingly alternated in pre-season) and Ryan will start instead of Brown or Winter but it's pretty close.

Its going to be another loooooong season

Dont think we had too many players missing, Easton ? but apart from that one of our better teams from a squad that is light in numbers and physicality

Just thought I’d mention to Accies fans, I was very impressed by John Rankin’s article on what he learned most from Alex Ferguson as a youth at Man U, mostly on a personal rather than a football level. If he can translate that into his management career he’ll do very well.

Watching Rankin's post match interview, it doesn't sound like we're bringing in many players this window.

Our first eleven should (hopefully) be good enough to not be in danger of relegation IMO, but realistically how often are we going to see them together considering injuries, suspensions etc?

Just got to hope that the rest of the league isn't leaving us behind, and in terms of signings I've seen very little evidence of that yet.

Still a long way to go of course, but the uncertainty surrounding the club just now is a tad worrying.

Watching Rankin's post match interview, it doesn't sound like we're bringing in many players this window.
Our first eleven should (hopefully) be good enough to not be in danger of relegation IMO, but realistically how often are we going to see them together considering injuries, suspensions etc?
Just got to hope that the rest of the league isn't leaving us behind, and in terms of signings I've seen very little evidence of that yet.
Still a long way to go of course, but the uncertainty surrounding the club just now is a tad worrying.
Almost every summer, someone gets rolled out to Lanarkshire Live to say we won't be signing anyone else and the squad will be filled with youngsters. We usually end up signing another five or six jobbers.
Was Barry Cuddihy playing today? 
As far as I'm aware, he's not been involved in any of the 'open door' friendlies, but he could well have been against Airdrie. Not sure why that would be the case though.