The Hamilton Academical Thread

We've got some top talents emerging. Physicality is the main issue, but Newbury forgot his boots for Newmains so maybe brains are a problem too.

Jonny Ngandu was the good trialist against Larkhall. Just a handful of senior appearances at 20 isn't a good sign but he showed enough promise to think there's something there. Folk like Mimnaugh and Want looked incredible technically, though, so that just shows the standard you need to match to make it professionally, even at a shite team like us.

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

We've got some top talents emerging. Physicality is the main issue, but Newbury forgot his boots for Newmains so maybe brains are a problem too.

Agree on physicality. Strange how all our youth prospects are all extremely lightweight - are we not trying to get them on the protein/in the gym when they hit 15/16? Mimnaugh would be a genuinely solid champ midfielder if he wasn't getting muscled off the ball every week. 

Looking back I think Doyle might end up being signed this week. The only Trialist to be pictured and named on Twitter by the club in the photo with Fulton’s dug. Clutching at straws maybe but I don’t see them doing that unless he’s signed on.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Agree on physicality. Strange how all our youth prospects are all extremely lightweight - are we not trying to get them on the protein/in the gym when they hit 15/16? Mimnaugh would be a genuinely solid champ midfielder if he wasn't getting muscled off the ball every week. 
Some of the guys coming through look a bit more developed (Owens, One, Nicolson) but I can only assume they're shite as we don't do players with both physicality and ability.

Dave McKinnon appointed Director of Football too. The last year has shown that having a bit of consistency, particularly with transfers, is important but I seem to remember him being a bit of a donkey before? Could be misremembering.

I wouldn’t say no loss given it’s pretty much guaranteed we won’t sign anyone to replace him which means shiels (who isn’t good enough) or McGinn (who isn’t ready yet) will be our starting left back this season. Worrying times.

Yes, if we go into the season without adding to the squad then obviously that's a bit of a concern.

I'm more looking at it from an individual player point of view. MacDonald is one of those players that was just 'there'. Granted, I wasn't at every game last season but I'm struggling to remember many positive moments.

The signings of MacDonald and Mullin were a reminder to me to take other fans opinions with a pinch of salt.

Yes, if we go into the season without adding to the squad then obviously that's a bit of a concern.
I'm more looking at it from an individual player point of view. MacDonald is one of those players that was just 'there'. Granted, I wasn't at every game last season but I'm struggling to remember many positive moments.
The signings of MacDonald and Mullin were a reminder to me to take other fans opinions with a pinch of salt.
Macdonald scored twice against us in the 4-4 game didn't he? He was a better player with us than he was yourselves but I think that says more about Hamilton right now than it does the player.

I was saying to someone on Saturday that I thought he'd go (pure guesswork). He was alright and better than Shiels and McGinn. I'd have kept him around.

Would seem likely that Airdrie would be in for him. We are needing a left back. As Brody Paterson scored as a trialist for Raith at the weekend it's very unlikely we'd get him as he'd be my first choice.

Has MacDonald not been great for you's? When I seen him at Raith the few games he looked pretty decent.

Tbf, a bad Kieran MacDonald would still be an upgrade from Rico Quitongo last year.

Also John Rankin is a solid appointment, hope he does well for you and all the best for the season ahead lads

4 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Would seem likely that Airdrie would be in for him. We are needing a left back. As Brody Paterson scored as a trialist for Raith at the weekend it's very unlikely we'd get him as he'd be my first choice.

Has MacDonald not been great for you's? When I seen him at Raith the few games he looked pretty decent.

Tbf, a bad Kieran MacDonald would still be an upgrade from Rico Quitongo last year.

Also John Rankin is a solid appointment, hope he does well for you and all the best for the season ahead lads emoji106.png

Shove your well wishes, hope you lot rot in hell where you belong.

Supporting a badly run accies getting thumped every week is still a world of upgrades above being involved with A*rdrie in any form.

A crumb of comfort to galvanise the accies support.

Shove your well wishes, hope you lot rot in hell where you belong.
Supporting a badly run accies getting thumped every week is still a world of upgrades above being involved with A*rdrie in any form.
A crumb of comfort to galvanise the accies support.

Enjoy your night m8