The Hamilton Academical Thread

Summary of our preseason so far:

No new kits 

No signings 

3 players released 

Shambolic interview with Colin McGowan 

Manager might be gone but equally might not be. 

One of these factors alone wouldn't augur well for the season ahead let alone all of them. And looking at the league, I don't think tipping us for relegation is the worst idea 😬

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

What is happening with Jamie Hamilton?

Seemed destined for big things a couple years back.

Spoiler

Shhhhhhhhh, did you not see the mess we are already in.

I believe he retired now let's move on with our day.

10 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

How’s life been down in the championship for the pride of Lanarkshire chaps ? Going the same way as the Marks & Spencer ? Not needed anymore ? 🤷‍♂️ 

Big talk now we can't embarrass you in every derby game 😂 

15 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

How’s life been down in the championship for the pride of Lanarkshire chaps ? Going the same way as the Marks & Spencer ? Not needed anymore ? 🤷‍♂️ 

Certainly miss beating you 5-0, 4-0, 4-1, 3-0, 3-1, etc, etc.

First pre-season game on Thursday* so should hopefully get at least one of these answered:

- Do we have a manager?

- Are we signing any players?

- Are Easton, Hamilton and Munro at the club?

*at £10 a pop so no chance I'm going

I see ICT signed Steven Boyd.

Weird one, but the sort of thing we usually do which reinforces my fear we won't be signing anyone at all this summer (slightly tongue in cheek, but it really wouldn't surprise me at the moment).

We both seem to be after a player called Okera Simmonds. Winger who last played at Chester. Chesterfield and some other English non entity sides are after him as well.

Thought I’d give you that wee rumour seeing as you all seem to be having a miserable time of it. Also indicates that someone at the club is making decisions and identifying targets. Rankin maybe?

Aye, I saw that on your thread.

I'm personally at the stage of 'bring in any c**t', no matter how jobber-tastic they may be, just to show that the football club is actually still in some form of operation.

These last few weeks have really highlighted how much of a toxic presence McGowan seems to be at the club. Is he behind the Taylor situation? Is he the reason there has been a total shutdown and social media silence?

Oh how I wish someone would buy him out (extreme wishful thinking). For all the great things Ronnie McDonald did for the club, he really tarnished his legacy in my eyes by essentially giving everything to McGowan and letting him have total control.

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Oh how I wish someone would buy him out (extreme wishful thinking). For all the great things Ronnie McDonald did for the club, he really tarnished his legacy in my eyes by essentially giving everything to McGowan and letting him have total control.

The club no longer for sale according to him anyway so no season ticket for me. Let’s be honest as soon as the stadium wasn’t for sale no approach was ever going to be made.

Even with basically everything shooting up I still would have found the money to give to the club for a season ticket but I’m sure like many others you just think what’s the point. It’s not even disdain I have for the current club situation just total lethargy which if anything is worse because once you stop going every week it’s a hard habit to get back into.

If any bookie is taking money on who's finishing bottom of the Championship this coming season we are the NAP bet.

No signings, no manager, no one has a clue what is going on.

I've had a ST every season - the Covid one excepted - for 20 years but I've not handed the money over yet either.

Could definitely do with one of our fans winning that Euromillions jackpot on Tuesday!

Almost £300 for a season ticket is a disgrace given where we are as a club. And the free under-18's thing hardly sweetens the deal if you're a member of the two vast demographics of football fans we seem to struggle to attract: early to mid 20-somethings and students. 

The ticket structure has been awful at Accies for some time now. It badly needs reformed, because I bet at least half the reason we can't attract the two aforementioned demographics is because we charge them the same amount Celtic charge (£20 for a league game student ticket at Parkhead) for an infinitely worse product. 

The season ticket price isn't too bad compared to others, even compared to some lower sides. Forfar in L2 for example is £190 for a ground ST but under 18s have to pay a small amount. 

CD - we could all stick £20 on Dundee in two weeks, probably get £30-32 back then stick a fiver on Stranraer and so on and so on. Would probably come to a tidy sum before too long. And then we takeover the club...ok, euromillions it is!

Edited by Owsley