The Hamilton Academical Thread

45 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Any chat where Moyo is off to?

I saw Hearts mentioned more than once. Similar type of player to Simms if they can't get him back on loan so would make sense from that angle, but would be strange given he's average at championship level let alone premiership. 

Signs for East Kilbride. He’s probably better than the lowland league imo surprised he didn’t end up at atleast a Clyde or Albion Rovers if he was trying to stay local.
I thought Alloa seemed a likely destination but don't know if they needed him. Another who played plenty in the top flight but has to drop down that far.
Any chat where Moyo is off to?
I'd guess back to the English lower leagues but I suppose he might be settled in Scotland and might have actually built up a reputation exceeding his ability.

Posted (edited)

I have no problem with us releasing Moyo (despite my tongue in cheek posts on here, it shouldn't be too hard to bring in someone better) in theory.

However, if rumours are to be believed, we don't actually have a manager at the moment, so who's making this decision? Worrying stuff if you read between the lines.

Can't help but think that YKW is systematically running 'the footballing department' into the ground/oblivion.

Is it too much to ask for even a sliver of clarity from the club? Regarding the manager? (Or lack thereof?) The squad plans? Pre season friendlies? Of course it is.  Stupid question.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

It sounds to me something like a non-promotion release clause in Moyos contract has been triggered, hence why he's going for nothing, similar to Callachan having a "relegation release clause" which was essentially a gentleman's agreement. 

But I think Moyo's contract was still the one we have him in 2020/21 for 3 years. So why bake a NPRC for the championship into a contract, or even verbally agree to one, given while this contract was negotiated we were in the premiership? 

All in all its utterly bizarre, and makes me think that (God forbid, and I hope I'm wrong) we're getting Third Lanark'd by our board, as was suggested above. 

To add to my above post: someone has got a hold of Accies accounts and they're not looking especially amazing. It looks like we're financially dependent on loans to a large degree, making a large loss in the last year without them. 

Obviously the fraud and COVID are unexpected circumstances, but it's pretty disastrous that the most 'successful' period of the club's history has left us in a much worse position.

The situation with Taylor is a joke and needs sorted immediately. If there's been a u-turn then there's hardly gonna be a confident trust at the club, and if he is actually on the verge of leaving then they should just "leak" some news to Lanarkshire Live again. As usual, though, we're left in the dark.

Good marketing strategy to wheel players out to try and punt season tickets. I’m away to buy 5 even though we don’t know if we have a manager and haven’t made a single signing yet 🤡🤡🤡

Yep, tone deaf from 'the football department' as per usual.

Football clubs really do treat their fans like mugs. How about actually giving some information/updates before trying to extract money from us? Something minor to start maybe, like what the f**k is actually happening regarding the manager situation?

Not even at all surprising if that rumour on WAH (from a usually reasonably reliable poster if you know who his source is) is true.

We’ll be lucky to stay in the league and stay full time regardless of whether we stay up or not by the sounds of it.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Not even at all surprising if that rumour on WAH (from a usually reasonably reliable poster if you know who his source is) is true.

We’ll be lucky to stay in the league and stay full time regardless of whether we stay up or not by the sounds of it.

Yep,asking players to take a pay cut and those who refuse can negotiate to leave is going to see us relegated before Guy Fawkes Night sadly.

The incompetence of McGowan will overshadow anything good Ronnie McDonald ever did.He will be known as the man who allowed us to become the next Third Lanark due to handing over the reins to that buffoon.

if true of course,but with no news iro The Manager, it is very,very worrying times.

I

In other news, Ronan Hughes has been signed by EK. Another fairly regular player in our premiership season as well as this season gone to the lowland league. Shows how awful the standard of our squad is 

On 30/05/2022 at 00:06, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Signs for East Kilbride. He’s probably better than the lowland league imo surprised he didn’t end up at atleast a Clyde or Albion Rovers if he was trying to stay local.

7 minutes ago, Moysterclass said:

In other news, Ronan Hughes has been signed by EK. Another fairly regular player in our premiership season as well as this season gone to the lowland league. Shows how awful the standard of our squad is 

When you hear about what happened to the titanic it’ll blow your mind bro.

Yep,asking players to take a pay cut and those who refuse can negotiate to leave is going to see us relegated before Guy Fawkes Night sadly.
The incompetence of McGowan will overshadow anything good Ronnie McDonald ever did.He will be known as the man who allowed us to become the next Third Lanark due to handing over the reins to that buffoon.
if true of course,but with no news iro The Manager, it is very,very worrying times.

I
Raith fans can tell you all about McGowan unfortunately. I always seen accies as a club that lived largely off youth they sold on. The days of Mcarthur and McCartney have gone a staduim to maintain and team to gain promotion is a big ask. I'm pretty sure there in no coincidence that Clyde are with you for the Forseable future.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

No posts on this thread in six days so what the hell's going on down Hamilton way? Is Taylor still in charge? 

bugs bunny idk GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem