The Hamilton Academical Thread

Yeah as much passion as i'm sure Imrie would/will bring, it'll be largely moot if he isn't given the opportunity to bring talent in to go with it - passion only gets you so far.

Posted (edited)

Dougie Imrie will is to take over from Stuart Taylor who has departed Hamilton.

Edited by Twiggy

• Twiggy changed the title to Imrie to be named new hamilton manager

Would this overtake McKinnon as being an utterly spew inducing move for Morton fans?

I still can’t see it as there is no real incentive to go to Accies although I thought that with McCall.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I still can’t see it as there is no real incentive to go to Accies although I thought that with McCall.

Accies aren't exactly Barcelona but they aren't on the verge of going part time. McCall is the right analogy: to Ayr fans it was a sideways move (not least because he subsequently got relegated), whereas there is plainly both a current and historic difference in standing between Partick and Ayr.

Imrie has a very close affinity with Accies like Andy Ritchie has with Morton which explains a lot of this.Plus he will have two cans of beans to play with instead of one.

Main issue for us Accies fans is they need to give whoever it is a decent budget to at least fight for the Play Offs.

By the sounds of it,the Morton budget may well be lower which would also play a part in this.Who knows?

The record posted that article at 6.15pm, just as Morton announced a new signing, with Imrie quoted on the website. Doesn't sound like a guy that's about to leave.

But then again, a previous manager did the team photos then drove directly from the training ground to join another team.

Imrie throughout his career has always given absolutely everything when he's at a club  that makes fans love him but he's never really pretended to be loyal to anyone but himself. If he views this as a better career move then that's fair enough. 

Having a manager poached is a rare occurrence for Morton when it doesn't include Falkirk doing whatever they can to run their club in to the ground. 

To be fair Hamilton probably are a step up from Morton given recent history. I'd imagine Hamilton can attract a better calibre of player than Morton can as well

Worryingly, the ITK accounts were bang on about Taylor leaving, but how much they actually know about Imrie/how much is just connecting the dots I’m not sure. I don’t think Hamilton would’ve emptied Taylor at this point without some sort of agreement with someone though - and I’d assume Ian Murray’s got Raith in his sights instead.

24 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I'm getting in before this post comes back to haunt you. 

And it might do just that.

Hopeful though that there was a specific reason the club sent this particular tweet. Not quite the 'I'm fucking staying' Wolf of Wall Street scene but still.