The Hamilton Academical Thread

Not sure what hayshead2 had for breakfast.

We have some morons like everyone, your time wasting aside i was actually impressed with Hamilton last night, played the conditions well, you were solid at the back, your midfield very lively and workmanlike and the front two worked their socks offs, particularly the big lad who was a handful. Credit to the group of fans who travelled up aswel as it was a horrible night.

On 10/02/2022 at 00:35, Hayshead2 said:

Disgusting club.

Thats twice now you have CHEATED your way through games against Arbroath.

Both times you could have won the game if you had continued to play. 

You get what you deserve.

No wonder you have no fans.

Disgrace.

angry cameron diaz GIF

Yes, things certainly changed for the better.

Tempting fate perhaps, but surely we are far enough ahead to not finish bottom?

Finishing in the playoff place will give me the fear. Not sure this squad has the stomach for that kind of fight.

At the moment, the only team I'm thinking surely we can't finish below is Queens. Morton are flying with no signs of stopping, and Ayr and Pars seem to pulling the odd good result out to keep with us.

I just hope to god, we can scrap safely, thats all I want this season, no more pish from the manager or players about catching play offs. Need to be realistic, we are very much looking behind us than ahead. Play offs look incredibly scary, I wouldn't fancy us against any of Airdrie, Montrose or Queens park.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Apparently Ryan is out for 6 weeks. We are stuck with Moyo as only fit striker until then 😂.

Dear god! Moyo is an utterly dreadful footballer. I struggle to think of a worse centre forward we have had, apart from Richard Roy! 

24 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Dear god! Moyo is an utterly dreadful footballer. I struggle to think of a worse centre forward we have had, apart from Richard Roy! 

Payo

Torres

Casilineuvo 

McShane 

Wake

Akins (who has had an unreal career)

I'm sure there are plenty more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Don't watch us often due to working on Saturday's but I tuned in tonight. 

Been hearing rave reviews about O'Reilly but I thought he was our worst player tonight, everything looked like a panic and he quite often made rash challenges. 

Thought Lawson looked good at Right Back which was pleasing to see.

Really felt we should have won that match, thought we played some nice football at times, but in the end we really have Fulton to thank for a point.

Don't watch us often due to working on Saturday's but I tuned in tonight. 
Been hearing rave reviews about O'Reilly but I thought he was our worst player tonight, everything looked like a panic and he quite often made rash challenges. 
Thought Lawson looked good at Right Back which was pleasing to see.
Really felt we should have won that match, thought we played some nice football at times, but in the end we really have Fulton to thank for a point.
O'Reilly's been OK. Suits our system but I'm not sure about some of his decision making. Same with Popescu tbh but they're still our best partnership and I wouldn't mind going into next season with them. Lawson seems like he'll fit in well if/when he gets up to speed.

Scott Martin might not be everyone's cup of tea but he should be playing every minute he can imo. He turns a ponderous, safe midfield two ahead of Mimnaugh* into something more dynamic. We should just ask Mullin to sit with the subs until it's time to take a set-piece IMO.

*Mimnaugh hasn't been great recently but I don't think you can accuse him of either of those things.

Even the biggest Moyo stans must be finding it harder to defend him. The ball across goal from Macdonald in the first half last night he gets in a great position but has no instinct to try and put anything on the ball, literally any touch on it and it’s in the net. The sequence towards the end of the game with Winter was laughable.

The only attribute he had previously was being able to jump 12ft in the air and win a header but he’s even getting worse at that now and has no support with him to make it worth it.

Sadly with him being contracted for next season as well we are stuck with him. All good though he’ll get in a couple of Zimbabwe squads so people can sing a song about him and the BBC can interview him.

• 2 weeks later...

I see Winter has signed a new 2 year deal.

I like him, but I hope it's more of a 'squad filler' type singing than any type of statement about what kind of first team we are envisioning for next season.

Luke Matheson sent off after 35 minutes for two bookings in the Scunthorpe game.

What a disaster of a player he was/is. Just shows how crazy the amount of money floating around the English leagues is.

• Twiggy changed the title to Imrie to be named new hamilton manager