The Hamilton Academical Thread

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It would be nice to actually have a manager with an OK (at worst) relationship with the fans.

I was actually thinking along similar lines on the way home after the game today.

Neil probably the last one who didn't seem to despise us? Canning was doomed from the start considering he lost all his interim games before inexplicably getting the gig full time (and who could forget his family members fighting with our fans in the stands) and it started off great with Rice but got pretty toxic towards the end.

I actually think the clubs overall dismissive attitude towards the fans plays a part in this. That's obviously going to seep down to the manager eventually.

Once again we cannot hold onto a lead and that may yet be our downfall this season. 3 games we should have won, Morton, Arbroath and now Ayr. Should have won all 3 and have be out of sight of the chasing pack at bottom.

Think Queens are toast and will go down but if we lose our next couple of games, Arbroath and Raith we are right back in mix. Morton under Dougie picking up points and Pars also on the up as well

New signings do not add much to a team that is too lightweight and inexperienced for this level

I think we have enough about us to stay up. QotS & Ayr are certainly worse than us and I think they'll be the bottom 2. 

Everything I see about Morton right now though is why I wish we'd taken Dougie rather than Taylor. 

I think we have enough about us to stay up. QotS & Ayr are certainly worse than us and I think they'll be the bottom 2. 
Everything I see about Morton right now though is why I wish we'd taken Dougie rather than Taylor. 

Certainly worse than you yet you’ve not looked like beating us in 4 games this season and you’re only 3 points ahead having played a game more.

We're definitely not signing anyone today, are we?

Our lack of striking options is bordering on criminal.

I assume the club are writing this season off. Huge mistake IMO as we are nowhere near safe.

#WhateverItTakes indeed.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

I reckon if you go through every league game this season then we'll have had more decent performances than not. It's hard to say if the team will take off and regress but there's the foundations of something decent there.

Despite doing alright for most of 2022 and only losing (and winning) once, I'm actually getting a wee bit concerned. We're a decent enough Championship side but we've missed three big opportunities to maintain or extend the gap which means we're still looking over our shoulders which will result in nervy finishes to tight games as we've seen recently.

Disgusting club.

Thats twice now you have CHEATED your way through games against Arbroath.

Both times you could have won the game if you had continued to play. 

You get what you deserve.

No wonder you have no fans.

Disgrace.

Disgusting club.
Disgrace.

Calm down, it's only soccer.

8 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Disgusting club.

Disgrace.

Strange comment. If you admit we should have won, then shouldn't you be thanking us for resorting to time wasting, and giving yous an extra 2 points?

13 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Disgusting club.

Disgrace.

Working Oh No GIF by Billy Budgen

• Twiggy changed the title to Imrie to be named new hamilton manager