The Hamilton Academical Thread

Got to hold my hands up about Andy Ryan so far. I was indifferent at best about him signing but I've actually been really impressed by him.

I definitely thinks he's improved since his first spell.

Get at least one more striker in and I think the squad will look decent.

I've always liked Andy Ryan and really hoped him coming back would  work and so far he's been a great addition, get him a decent partner up front  and we've got a good front line.

I just read on Twitter that Jamie Hamilton was Aberdeen's "top target" but couldn't afford him after getting knocked out Europe.

We must be confident he'll sign an extension or it was a ridiculous fee.

Tickets are now on sale for Hamilton Academical fans for the Arbroath vs Hamilton Academical match at Gayfield on Saturday 11th September.

arbroathfc.co.uk/away-tickets/

£19: Adult (Over 18)
£12: Concessions (Over 65, Students, Juvenile, Disabled supporter which includes Carer)
£22: Parent and Child (U12)
£24: Parent and Two Children (U12)

Edited by Gayfield

Popescu in = Hamilton out?
Someone on Twitter who's been itk with Hamilton (the player) before is saying we've priced every non-OF Scottish club out of a move. I don't think he'll go but this move is weird if he doesn't, unless Easton's getting phased out.

When I first saw it, I thought it was an incredible signing then remembered that it's been two years since I've seen him play and it's apparently not been a good two years for him.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

McMann away to Dundee Utd confirmed.

He's got security of a 3-year deal & we've got an undisclosed fee with presumably a sell on % attached.

Is he any good?  Don’t remember him standing out either way in Utd v Accies games last season.

Were we playing with Stanger and Stirling as centre backs for the 2nd half tonight?
Yep, cos Want was stretchered off after clash of heads with Virtanen.

Easton was on bench but Stirling moved in from RB to CB with Matheson coming on at RB.