Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

57 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Begs the question why Murray Carstairs is not starting games these days? Was a defensive partnership between him and Greg Skinner not supposed to be the answer moving forward?

Think he missed a game cup-tied then a couple injured.

50 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ugly first half in the strong wind and rain. Two defensive blunders cost us dearly. After that Berwick Rangers bossed the game. They were assisted by a freakish half time weather change when the sun came out and the strong wind just stopped. Spooky.

Second half early on we had chances from corners but alas never took our chances.

Berwick the better side by a distance today.

First half absolutely killed us. Bo’ness were arguably the better side playing into a strong wind then absolutely gifted Berwick three chances, they took all three of them and it was game over.

Have absolutely no idea what’s happened to that “never beaten” Bo’ness attitude of previous seasons where we’d maybe go a goal or two down but battle right though to the final whistle and often claw back a draw if not a win. Now when we go a goal or two down we become incapable of stringing two passes together, heads go down and everyone looks resigned to defeat. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Hi Guys, sorry to hear about today's result. Sounds like a bad day at the office.

I popped along for the Musselburgh cup game. 

To show my respect to a lovely individual and a true gentleman. Always found time to stop and talk to you.

He will be sorely missed.

Ref. the game. Yeah, only one team on the pitch. They weren't the worst at the back and their midfield were not too bad either, They just had no penetration. Big Game Hunter looked immense. 

Ryan did what he always does.. never tires.. awesome.

I had never seen the young kid Nicol before ... very impressive.  Standing in the crowd, you can see the shimmy coming and the shift off to his left, but seeing it .. and stopping it, 2 different things.

I enjoyed, if I may use that word, being back, chatting to the guys, just saying hello again.

I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Be lucky guys,

Take care,

Brian

After recent happenings football really doesn’t matter , does it .

But going back to the football , we just aren’t very good . 3 players totalling 104 years between them is not what we want to see at this level . That was maybe ok in the junior days .

All the talk of transition etc at the start of the season was nonsense and so it has proved .

BU need to sign a lot of players as not many present players are good enough to continue in this league next season , but how are they going to afford it ?

Without a decent influx then we are just going to go the same next season .

At  present we are not in a good place .

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

After recent happenings football really doesn’t matter , does it .

But going back to the football , we just aren’t very good . 3 players totalling 104 years between them is not what we want to see at this level . That was maybe ok in the junior days .

All the talk of transition etc at the start of the season was nonsense and so it has proved .

BU need to sign a lot of players as not many present players are good enough to continue in this league next season , but how are they going to afford it ?

Without a decent influx then we are just going to go the same next season .

At  present we are not in a good place .

I tried to look at things with optimism a few months back, but now here we are in February and have to admit I’m finding it very hard to disagree with any of that.

Whatever setup Max’s using it’s plain to see and has been for a good number of games it ain’t working. Get the defence sorted first and take it from there and playing three at the back yesterday was a disaster shipping three goals in the first-half. 

It looks like a group of players who don’t know each other and no plan A,B or C.

I heard that McAulay is injured and wearing a moon boot so that’s a blow. If the rumour on here about Carstairs and Max is a fact then more problems. We seem to lurch from one crisis to another. 

Lots of issues just sort it out the fans deserve better.

Dolly, he scored a goal and kept running hence the MOTM. I really struggled to think of another BU player who merited more than 3 out of 10 for that ludicrous performance.

Again if we we do a quick analysis into that ludicrous performance as you describe it, we have McCormack regularly suspended, Carstairs dumped for whatever reason, McAuley injured, so a potentially strong defence has only Skinner playing regularly backed up with Gemmell as defensive m/f
Danny Galbraith was a big signing for us but never plays two games running, Grant was ill for half the season and hasn’t regained full fitness yet, Locke hasn’t played for a long time and Comrie disappearing was a big miss.
We’ve been very poor in attack for a long time but the injury to Zander highlighted just how much we relied on him for goals.
That’s almost a full team and unfortunately the replacements, in the main, just haven’t been good enough for this level. Hopefully we can start getting some of the “missing” back playing again and get back to winning ways

6 hours ago, dolly said:

Again if we we do a quick analysis into that ludicrous performance as you describe it, we have McCormack regularly suspended, Carstairs dumped for whatever reason, McAuley injured, so a potentially strong defence has only Skinner playing regularly backed up with Gemmell as defensive m/f
Danny Galbraith was a big signing for us but never plays two games running, Grant was ill for half the season and hasn’t regained full fitness yet, Locke hasn’t played for a long time and Comrie disappearing was a big miss.
We’ve been very poor in attack for a long time but the injury to Zander highlighted just how much we relied on him for goals.
That’s almost a full team and unfortunately the replacements, in the main, just haven’t been good enough for this level. Hopefully we can start getting some of the “missing” back playing again and get back to winning ways

A lot of what you’ve said here is what frustrates me and has pissed me off watching Bo’ness for probably the last 10 years despite some successful seasons. 

So many other clubs have had good sides and been able to field their strongest 11 week-in-week-out give or take the odd player and the odd game or two…

Bo’ness on the other hand seem to build a good side on paper most seasons, but then pretty much every season, we always seem to have half a dozen players end up out injured and missing for half the season.

Edited by 8MileBU

18 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

University of Stirling game will be midweek on 1 or 2 March. And its Beith away on the following Saturday. According to Twitter BU have 7 games in March.....and potentially 8. Busy time for the BU.

Time for a few folk to stick a plaster on their wounds and do their bit.

Forward Jack Smith from Drumchapel United signs for the BU's. Announced on BU twitter.

Wikipedia summary:-

At 5'9" Jack is much smaller than his dad big Dunfermline no 9 Andy Smith.

Almost in the "seen more clubs than Tiger Woods" category Jack has played for 10 clubs in 10 years. St Mirren, East Fife, Morton, Arbroath, East Kilbride, Stenhousemuir, BSC, Spartans, Caledonian Braves and then Drumchapel United.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Forward Jack Smith from Drumchapel United signs for the BU's. Announced on BU twitter.

Wikipedia summary:-

At 5'9" Jack is much smaller than his dad big Dunfermline no 9 Andy Smith.

Almost in the "seen more clubs than Tiger Woods" category Jack has played for 10 clubs in 10 years. St Mirren, East Fife, Morton, Arbroath, East Kilbride, Stenhousemuir, BSC, Spartans, Caledonian Braves and then Drumchapel United.

Yeah 10 clubs in 10 year tells you something . Underwhelmed again .

But got to give him a chance , sometimes it can work .

Have to say again the signing of players a few leagues below you seldom works out though , why do we keep doing that ?