Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Mozza and co need to do a bit more in depth research I think albeit they’ve a lot of teams to cover in the LL. I like the Official Catchup podcast but their expectations and opinions on Bo’ness have been a bit off a few times I’ve listened to it and it was the same again in the commentary on tonight’s game. Heard them say most folk expected Bo’ness to be challenging for the league this season when I think most folk (and certainly those of a Bo’ness persuasion) wouldn’t have expected that at all. I think we all expected a transitional season and that’s exactly what we’ve got. At the same time though we are better than some teams we haven’t got results against but that’s what happens until a side finally gels.

56 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Game officially started at 7.45 we turned up around 8.25 in time to equalise 5 minutes later. It’s amazing what a wee drink and chat and a rearrangement of personnel makes a difference.

Why he took off Nicol - who was starved of the ball - when Johnston was having poor game, only Max knows. We won so maybe I’m being churlish.

Nicol missed Galbraith or Comrie’s ability to keep the ball moving through the middle and out to both sides.

Bit harsh on Johnston I think. He’s new so will take time to bed in but I thought he did alright and never did anything majorly wrong. Broke up their play a few times just by getting in the road and keeping busy.  

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Mozza and co need to do a bit more in depth research I think albeit they’ve a lot of teams to cover in the LL. I like the Official Catchup podcast but their expectations and opinions on Bo’ness have been a bit off a few times I’ve listened to it and it was the same again in the commentary on tonight’s game. Heard them say most folk expected Bo’ness to be challenging for the league this season when I think most folk (and certainly those of a Bo’ness persuasion) wouldn’t have expected that at all. I think we all expected a transitional season and that’s exactly what we’ve got. At the same time though we are better than some teams we haven’t got results against but that’s what happens until a side finally gels.

Nicol missed Galbraith or Comrie’s ability to keep the ball moving through the middle and out to both sides.

Bit harsh on Johnston I think. He’s new so will take time to bed in but I thought he did alright and never did anything majorly wrong. Broke up their play a few times just by getting in the road and keeping busy.  

Certainly missed Galbraith’s ability in the middle. Too many stray passes giving away possession in the first half put us constantly under pressure.

Ended 2-3. The better team won. The BU's never dealt with the pace of the University team especially their forwards. Reckon the University team got to 90% of the second balls. BU's had reasonable amount of possession but didn't create enough chances. We hit the post, hit the bar and were denied a penalty when Matty Flynn (my MOTM) was pulled down. University keeper should have seen red card but truth be told we were beaten fair and square.