Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

Rubbing salt in the wound that Bo'ness Athletic have managed to arrange a game v Championship team Arbroath on Friday.

Would imagine it’s a part of the deal for signing Dylan Paterson, as they probably would’ve been due compensation. (If development fees go down that far)

Tuesday 29/6 7.45 pm 
BUFC V JEANFIELD I believe that any digital tickets bought for the game v Penicuik will be valid for Tuesday 
Fingers, legs and testicles all crossed that this game goes ahead. Glad that we are avoiding a team from the plague zones of East and Mid Lothian.

6 hours ago, John S said:
7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:
Fingers, legs and testicles all crossed that this game goes ahead. Glad that we are avoiding a team from the plague zones of East and Mid Lothian.

Jeanfield game now off!

Only found this out recently after a Shire friendly was cancelled, but apparently it's due to testing being mandatory at the 5th tier but not below, so clubs below the LL playing LL opposition are having to test more in advance of the games. Some aren't able and/or willing, so are cancelling games that were arranged prior to this rule coming in. 

30 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Only found this out recently after a Shire friendly was cancelled, but apparently it's due to testing being mandatory at the 5th tier but not below, so clubs below the LL playing LL opposition are having to test more in advance of the games. Some aren't able and/or willing, so are cancelling games that were arranged prior to this rule coming in. 

You can get the test kits for nothing. People making it a bigger deal than it is. Camelon have the tests organised for tomorrow from what I'm told

Lowland league clubs having to test 3 times a week now I'm told.

39 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

You can get the test kits for nothing. People making it a bigger deal than it is. Camelon have the tests organised for tomorrow from what I'm told

It's not as simple as that though. The tests have to be done under the supervision of a clinician except on match days where players test themselves. The non-matchday tests also have to be done half an hour prior to any training starting. All players have to do them three times per week, so if a player is late or missing from training then they can't play in a match as they haven't produced the requisite number of negative tests in the build-up to the match. Each club has to produce a declaration document to the match referee to show that the testing has been completed to the guidelines.

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

It's not as simple as that though. The tests have to be done under the supervision of a clinician except on match days where players test themselves. The non-matchday tests also have to be done half an hour prior to any training starting. All players have to do them three times per week, so if a player is late or missing from training then they can't play in a match as they haven't produced the requisite number of negative tests in the build-up to the match. Each club has to produce a declaration document to the match referee to show that the testing has been completed to the guidelines.

That is probably why we trained on Saturday when our game with Heriot watt was off.

My understanding is that the BU's have been in a position to play but the opponents have not. The BU's have said after postponements that they are looking for alternative opposition. Feeling cautiously optimistic that the game on Saturday will proceed.

The Jeanfield game which was arranged on Sunday was cancelled on Monday due to a couple of positive tests in our (Jeanfield) squad on Monday morning.

The players had tested negative on the Saturday morning before we played Spartans.

Any teams tier 6 or below have to test on a game day morning prior to facing a team tier 5 and above.

For games between teams in tier 6 and below no testing is required however I know we are and I'm pretty sure most teams will be asking their players to do so.

I can see the matchday testing coming into tier 6 and below fixtures soon.

4 hours ago, Cumbo said:

The Jeanfield game which was arranged on Sunday was cancelled on Monday due to a couple of positive tests in our (Jeanfield) squad on Monday morning.

The players had tested negative on the Saturday morning before we played Spartans.

Any teams tier 6 or below have to test on a game day morning prior to facing a team tier 5 and above.

For games between teams in tier 6 and below no testing is required however I know we are and I'm pretty sure most teams will be asking their players to do so.

I can see the matchday testing coming into tier 6 and below fixtures soon.

Matchday testing is probably fair enough but the lowland league teams are testing 3 times a week.

The testing requirement is to allow the professional exemption where players can continue to contact train and play matches and travel across local authority boundaries if areas move back into Level 3.

That exemption has not been extended to Tiers 6 and below, so the requirement for testing is highly unlikely to be extended to the leagues below the HL and LL.

The Tier 6 and below clubs only need to test if they are playing a Tier5 or above club. It isn't and won't be a mandatory requirement for Tier 6 and below going forward.

It is at Newtown. The details will be out tomorrow I hope for Saturday's game. Kickoff/ticketing/entry procedures and all that fun stuff.

I see the unofficial BU Twitter has just posted Stirling Albion v the BU's on Saturday at Forthbank.......I thought this was a Newtown Park game ?