Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I always respond accordingly.

No absolutely not. I believe our friend from Arbroath was genuinely mistaken in his enquiry so merited a civilised response, as opposed to what I may have said to an obsessed, tedious, trolling fuckwit fan of an EOS club from over over the Flints. 

Yes Auld - stair - Heid does fit all the adjectives used in the latter part of your sentence. 

FITBAW TODAY !!!

From the BU Twitter here's a quick summary of the arrangements :-

Gates open 1:15 for a 2pm KO.

Tickets are £4 (£2 concessions). You can buy in advance from Fanbase or pay at the gate.

300 is the capacity for the game.

The normal gates are both shut with admission being at the "players and officials" entrance on Jamieson Avenue near Scotmid.

There's track and trace AND temperature checks getting done so allow for plenty of time to get in.

Masks must be worn at all times.

Social distancing to be observed.

No fans in the North Terrace which I presume means the side where the covered enclosure is located.

Mon the BU's !!!

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Just walked past Newtown Park. The BU squad having a wee game of 8v8 to blow the cobwebs off. Players are looking in decent shape......Kieran Anderson in particular looks slim.

Will there be a game on Tuesday ?

WHo are you playing on Tuesday?. We are playing Athletic next Friday night

Musselburgh v the BU's is supposed to be on Tuesday at 7.45. Musselburgh are playing today at Olivebank which I am taking as a positive sign.

Other friendlies from memory are Stirling Albion next Saturday, Tranent the following Tuesday (both at Newtown Park) and then a trip up to Linlithgow Rose the Saturday before the season starts.

I am absolutely gagging for a BU game !!!!

14 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Musselburgh v the BU's is supposed to be on Tuesday at 7.45. Musselburgh are playing today at Olivebank which I am taking as a positive sign.

Other friendlies from memory are Stirling Albion next Saturday, Tranent the following Tuesday (both at Newtown Park) and then a trip up to Linlithgow Rose the Saturday before the season starts.

Have to say I was absoulutely delighted to get back to the games. We've had 3 and a half games. ive been at 2 and a half and its been great just to be back.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

No reason given but the BU's were looking to fix an alternative opponent so I would surmise that it wasn't a BU issue. Lots of COVID positive tests in the Lothians just now so that MAY have been the issue......but that's speculation on my part.

Just came on to say that re Covid. Numbers rising rapidly so wouldn’t come as any surprise. 

In other news - The season hasn’t even started and our pal @AlanCamelonfan has taken a wee trip onto the Wee Rose thread and absolutely riled some of that bunch. Amusing. 

Musselburgh the plague town of Scotland. Be a miracle if not affected by self isolation. So many games were called off "without official reason" yesterday.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:
On 26/06/2021 at 15:05, Deanburn Dave said:

Musselburgh the plague town of Scotland. Be a miracle if not affected by self isolation. So many games were called off "without official reason" yesterday.

Yep and that is another game now officially called off.  Getting beyond a joke.

One has to worry about the viability of the league starting at all.  Maybe we have just been unlucky but cases of COVID could pop up anytime, anywhere, making completion of fixtures a tall order.

Hopefully, we can get the other three friendlies played but I cannot say I am full of optimism.