Bo'ness United 2021/22

Deanburn Dave

11 hours ago, Legless said:

Just seen the highlights, neither looked like reds to me.

First wick goal reminds me of a comment on here years ago, Murphy couldn’t keep hens out of a close!

How many years ago? However, he’s still there after all these years and why? It just might be because he is a bloody good keeper, so as DD say gtf with your comments. 

Edited by boheesian

On 19/09/2021 at 19:55, Deanburn Dave said:

Get your points Seenitall but we are where we are for Saturday. "Gemmellgate" is behind us so let's not dwell on it too much.

The return of Craig Comrie will make a difference as he and Gemmell work well together. Centrehalf wise a pairing of Hunter and Hawkins is probably our best option.....maybe our only option !!

I reckon Max needs to source a centrehalf or two.

Just to clarify, only players signed in time for first game are eligible for the replay.

Just to clarify, only players signed in time for first game are eligible for the replay.
Just to clarify, I know that. My view remains we are short in the centrehalf position this season especially given Hunters age. I like Skinner at centrehalf. Reckon he has been a good signing.

Hawkins and McCormack can play centrehalf but I prefer both at fullback or in a back 3.

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Just to clarify, I know that. My view remains we are short in the centrehalf position this season especially given Hunters age. I like Skinner at centrehalf. Reckon he has been a good signing.

Hawkins and McCormack can play centrehalf but I prefer both at fullback or in a back 3.

I do agree we need new blood there.  It was always going to be a gamble with Darren McCormack and Jamie is at his best as a full back.  Skinner is a class act despite what our resident Camelon fan thinks.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

I do agree we need new blood there.  It was always going to be a gamble with Darren McCormack and Jamie is at his best as a full back.  Skinner is a class act despite what our resident Camelon fan thinks.

Max bet on McCormack but didn’t cover his bet , big error .

From what I saw it looked a red to me in the modern game. Years ago it would have been brushed off but thats where Greg lets himself down. Great at the long diaganal ball. Good in the air in opposition box but lets himself down with diving in or lashing out.

You seem to have an issue with him. Maybe time to go back to your own team and Greg can get on with playing for BU

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Both red cards appeals dismissed. Probably fair enough going by the highlights - first one the player brings his left foot round and stands on his opponents leg, second one the attacker is impeded so it's DOGSO as he'd be one on one with the goalie.